Nail protecters whilst filing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can buy nail protecters that proect your own enhancements whilst filing?
I have used the finger wrap but they dont stay on!
xx

I use flexiwrap and find it stays on fine as long as I wrap it around my finger a few times.

hth

I also use Flex tape... also know as Vet Tape... and when you wrap it around 2 or 3 times it will mold to your shape and it usually lasts all day. I put it around thumb and index finger on left hand and index on right hand. keeps my nails and skin from getting scratched. The tape sticks to itself so it is easy to get off when you are finished,
Also people use it for wrapping horses tails in compertitions and Vets use it to keep pets drips in when they are sick.. it is very good tape.

Hope that helps you
Mel

thanks for the replies ladies, where can i get it from?
xx

Some times I get it from the salon supplies and other times i google it and get it from the animal supplies.. the price varies greatly one to the other.
There are cheaper imitations on ebay but they file away so fast they are not worth putting on.. the proper tape is called... 3M Vet TAPE.

X Mel

I also use Flex tape... also know as Vet Tape... and when you wrap it around 2 or 3 times it will mold to your shape and it usually lasts all day. I put it around thumb and index finger on left hand and index on right hand. keeps my nails and skin from getting scratched. The tape sticks to itself so it is easy to get off when you are finished,
Also people use it for wrapping horses tails in compertitions and Vets use it to keep pets drips in when they are sick.. it is very good tape.

Hope that helps you
Mel
Wow that sounds like a good idea! I've never seen those tapes before... do they ever leave that sticky residue like bandaids do? Also, do they protect your nails from polish remover and water?

Athletic tape could work, too I suspect. It's meant to handle some pretty rough treatment, and it's not expensive. Might be worth a try.

Cat

Although it might leave a residue... which would wash off your hands but might stick to your nails!

Last edited:
I use the rubber finger pads that are used for sorting thru papers. You can get them pretty cheap at an office supply store. They work great for me. HTH! :)

I use the rubber finger pads that are used for sorting thru papers. You can get them pretty cheap at an office supply store. They work great for me. HTH! :)

OMG what a great idea!!!! That would be much more cost-effective than going through rolls of flextape (particularly since my hubby steals it now and then to get his bandaids/plasters to stay on:irked:)

You can also find flex-tape at sports supply stores, but it's pricier there.
And also in pharmacies in the section with all the other types of 'medical' tapes. Made by 3M.

hth's

ps: me? I'm off to buy the rubber finger thingies :lol:

ps: me? I'm off to buy the rubber finger thingies :lol:

they're called Finger Cots which might help your search, finger thingies might bring up some interesting things on google :eek: :lol:

I wear nitrile gloves for application and filing, so preventing over exposure and save my nails - easy

Sorry to highjack your thread but I have a latex allergy and flexi wrap and alot of the other tapes have latex or natural rubber in them and I cant wear nitrile gloves as I sweat to much. Any ideas you lovely lot. xxxx

Sorry to highjack your thread but I have a latex allergy and flexi wrap and alot of the other tapes have latex or natural rubber in them and I cant wear nitrile gloves as I sweat to much. Any ideas you lovely lot. xxxx

How 'bout cotton gloves, the kind that are used in a photo lab? HTH! :)

How about those rubber thimbles? (btw, I thought that's what you were referring to in the beginning and didn't realize you meant the cots, and only just now remembered the 'thimble' word :lol:)

265478.jpg

I used to use the 'nubbed' rubber thimbles at the office to sort sheets of paper and count them.
I bought them extra large, and wore them inside out so that the nubs were on the inside to 'grip' my finger and not slide off AND so that my finger didn't get all sweaty.

I preferred the rubber ones to the plasticy ones.

hth's

How about those rubber thimbles? (btw, I thought that's what you were referring to in the beginning and didn't realize you meant the cots, and only just now remembered the 'thimble' word :lol:)

265478.jpg

LOVE the groovy colors! Mine are boring (YAWN) beige-y. :)

they're called Finger Cots which might help your search, finger thingies might bring up some interesting things on google :eek: :lol:

finger cots actually bring up latex fingers, which look like mini condoms!!!!

265478.jpg

I used to use the 'nubbed' rubber thimbles at the office to sort sheets of paper and count them.
I bought them extra large, and wore them inside out so that the nubs were on the inside to 'grip' my finger and not slide off AND so that my finger didn't get all sweaty.

I preferred the rubber ones to the plasticy ones.

hth's

What a fab Idea, I sometimes catch my index finger with the file maybe I will get me one of these too

What a fab Idea, I sometimes catch my index finger with the file maybe I will get me one of these too

These things do work amazingly well! :)

You could try Nail Savers too, instead of the rubber thimbles, they're made specifically to go over acrylics so they might stay on better:) I sell them to my clients who tan a lot but i havent tried them when filing, just an idea!

You could try Nail Savers too, instead of the rubber thimbles, they're made specifically to go over acrylics so they might stay on better:) I sell them to my clients who tan a lot but i havent tried them when filing, just an idea!

OOh got any pics

Latest posts

Back