Nail Tech Job Interview

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne P

Reaction score
Hey.. I've another interview to annoy you guys with :)
i applied for a job yesterday as a Nail Tech in a new Hair and Nail salon and got a call last night to see if I'd come in for an interview! Yay!!
Now she just said "i know its short notice but is there any chance you could come in tomorrow for an interview?" so I'm going in at 4 but she never mentioned like a trade test or anything... They wouldnt spring that on me would they?? It sounded like it was just a chat kind of an interview but she didnt go into much detail and i was so excited that i forgot to ask!
Soooo... what do I wear?? I'm in work now wearing a pencil skirt, little vest and cardi.. Officey wear. but i also brought black trousers and a tunic in the car just in case you guys think i should wear that. But if its just a chat will what im wearing be ok??
Please help I'm soooo nervous!
:Scared:

ok chill for a minute!lol. Right i would go in uniform as that is how you will be seen in work and it would be nice for them to see you as clients would for starters. I wouldnt think that they would spring a trade test on you without telling you as usually (or the interviews i have been too) are a chat then if they like you they will ring you to come back in for a trade test. But also remember you are interviewing them so make sure you ask a couple of questions to see if the job is for you. Otherwise if you dont think its for you you will be wasting yours and their time in going back for a trade test. But the best of luck and try and relax i am sure you will be fine. Just be yourself. xxx

Yeah i was thinking the uniform might be best.. Hmm.. I've never been for an interview like this before so I'm sooo nervous!
What kind of questions would they ask usually??
Thanks for your help x

I did this recently and got the job :biggrin:

I wore black trousers and a fitted black shirt, I knew i wasnt doing a trade test that day though overwise I would have worn my tunic. Nice tidy hair, make up etc. I also took a portfolio of my work in, dont know if you have anything like this? but she was most impressed and actually cancelled my trade test and offered me job there and then :)

Good luck am sure you will do just fine xx

I did this recently and got the job :biggrin:

I wore black trousers and a fitted black shirt, I knew i wasnt doing a trade test that day though overwise I would have worn my tunic. Nice tidy hair, make up etc. I also took a portfolio of my work in, dont know if you have anything like this? but she was most impressed and actually cancelled my trade test and offered me job there and then :)

Good luck am sure you will do just fine xx

Oh very good well done you! maybe ill just wear my work gear that i have on then.. oh i dunno.. im sending my dad to the other side of the city to buy me a nice new tunic cos I dont really like the one i Have with me :)
I actually attached a few pictures of my work to my CV so I think thats why i got the call. I dont have any photo's to bring with me though. I could print some off in work but they wouldn't be great quality. Might be worth trying though.

Thanks Hun xx

So how did it go? Was it just a chat? Not as scarey as you thought?
xx

Hey sorry was away for the weekend so just getting a chance to post now!
yeah it went really well ha not too scary afterall! they were having trade tests for any successful applicants over the weekend but i was away at my sisters Hens but she said I can come in and do mine on Wednesday after work if i want. Yay!! fingers crossed..
She told me i dont need to bring anything because they ahve everything there but they use Young Nails products and I use EZflow, do you think it'd be ok if i brought my own products? I dont think they should expect me to use products that Im not familiar wit in a trade test would they?

Im just nervous.. :( I could really really do with the job so i wanna get everything right. In the last two weeks me and my partner both got made redundant totally unexpectedly :( :( :( and we just bought a house at christmas so its added pressure to get it :(

As long as you look smart and presentable, you'll be fine. Any salon related interview i've had i've worn what i would wear to any other interview. You wouldn't turn up for a job for a nurse with a nurses uniform on. Your going to talk business, i would dress that way. If she wants a trade test, i'd imagine she'll do that at a later date. Good luck!! hope you get it

Latest posts

Back