Nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindeep72

Reaction score
Hi all
I finished my nail enhancement training yesterday and assumed I would get tips in my kit, but I didn't. Atm I'm on the Internet shopping about to buy some but tbh getting confused. I was going to purchase a full well so I can practice blending but I also wanted a well less tip just to compare. Here's the thing:- if they are well less and no blending required why are some geeks saying they are easy to blend. I thought that well less & no blending required no blending lol. Or am I missing something. Plz help:(xx

Is there anyone who can advise me please. I did do a search hence why I'm confused. I would really appreciate it:(xx

So there is no one who can give me any advice on nail tips. Thanks

Hey Hun I use pro impressions advance competition range and they work perfect for me no blending cuts down my service time and no complaints of clients either xxx
HTH xx

Hey Hun I use pro impressions advance competition range and they work perfect for me no blending cuts down my service time and no complaints of clients either xxx
HTH xx

Hi, thank you so much for your reply. Pro impressions are sending out samples for me to try but I have a client on Friday so will need to purchase some anyway.
I have applied well less tips on myself but find they do not sit properly, there seems to be a bump in the nail or am I not applying them correctly. I suppose it is a bit fiddly applying tips yourself. Thanks again:)xx

It is fiddly doing your own but I have been using pro impressions for months and love them I have the natural, clear and white tips and all are fab ! And I love the fact they don't need blending either xxx

It is fiddly doing your own but I have been using pro impressions for months and love them I have the natural, clear and white tips and all are fab ! And I love the fact they don't need blending either xxx

I wasn't sure which ones to order so I ordered a few packs. Thank you:) xx

I've never found 1 tip that fits everyone, you need a few styles, I actually like tips with some well as the natural nail fits in the groove and grows out without any steps under the nail

hi i like well less cos cuts down time on blending, but you have to find whats best 4 u:biggrin:

I ordered the full well and well less tips so they will fit everyone. I have a bridal party booked in for a few weeks time and the bridesmaid is a nail biter so will have to apply the full well tip. Although I have advised her to stop chewing and she has promised me that she has done so. I have my first paying client on Thursday and quite nervous about it lol :) xx

Don't forget you can tailor a full well tip to your own requirements too

Waffle, I have tried doing that using a tip cutter, but with not much success..do you have a method you could share please?? thanks x

Hi :) I have to agree I find every client will need a different tip. Because of this I buy full well tips and tailor them to fit each client.

To do this I turn the tip upside down and I use curved scissors to cut out the well leaving a small margin to blend. Remember the section where the tip meets and blends onto the natural nail will be the weakest point, so the less well the better and the less work for you ;-)

In response to which tips, I have use several.... I love NSI tips both natural and French however they are rather pricey especially if you are just looking to practise etc

I also use ASP tips from Sally's - lovely to work with and easy to blend. Every therapist will prefer a different brand so just get some samples and have a play :) - just remember - tips only provide length - not strength

Hope that helps

Jody

Waffle, I have tried doing that using a tip cutter, but with not much success..do you have a method you could share please?? thanks x

I agree with Jody. I cut the well with curved scissors and lightly file the cut area smooth. then i thin the tip out a bit and also buff the shine off so there is less blending/buffing to do when it's on the actual nail. I use pro impressions tips and find them very easy to use x

I agree with Jody. I cut the well with curved scissors and lightly file the cut area smooth. then i thin the tip out a bit and also buff the shine off so there is less blending/buffing to do when it's on the actual nail. I use pro impressions tips and find them very easy to use x

We didnt cut the well in training but if it was too big we were told to file the sides till it did fit. Better to be too big than too small. We did tho get told to thin it down before applying so there's less blending when its on the natural nail. I like the fact that a layer of gel is applied before the tip. This protects the natural nail when blending. I don't do acrylics just gel xx

hi do you mean you actually cure a layer of gel on the natural nail before applying you tip i have never heard of this before.:confused:

hi do you mean you actually cure a layer of gel on the natural nail before applying you tip i have never heard of this before.:confused:

Yes a layer of gel then cure then tip. This is to prevent damage to natural nail when blending. I know you should not be filing anywhere but the tip but when you are new to this it sometimes happens. Also we were told if the tip were to come off then it takes the gel not your nail with it. Hth:)xx

hmmm but the gel that's on the natural nail would take layers of nail plate with it anyway... and i'm not entirely sure i believe that the adhesive would properly stick to Gel instead of clean, dehydrated nail plate.

I use CND tips when i tip. Easy to blend and different styles available for different nail types x

hmmm but the gel that's on the natural nail would take layers of nail plate with it anyway... and i'm not entirely sure i believe that the adhesive would properly stick to Gel instead of clean, dehydrated nail plate.

I use CND tips when i tip. Easy to blend and different styles available for different nail types x

Before the tip is applied the gel layer is scratched with a sponge buffer then wiped with solution which is also a dehydrater. My models nails still look good, my nails still look good so all in all good lol x

Hi again,

Wow I'm a educator in South Wales and I have to say i have never heard of this technique either. I am always open to new ideas but I can't say I am impressed with this one.

As you have correctly said you shouldn't be filling the natural nail when blending anyway, only minimal contact should be made during any service. As also mentioned the tip probably won't adhere as securely to a layer of gel as it does to a prepped and dehydrated nail plate.

I forgot to say I pre blended my tips :) this ensures minimal filing is remaining when the tip is applied to the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back