nail trainer or cheap practice hand??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynseyloo

Reaction score
I am looking for a practive hand to ... errm practice and there seems to be real cheap version out there that are a creepy looking hand and then I have seen the essential nails type. I dont have a lot of money as I am not working... yet, but I dont want to buy something cheap and it not do the job I bought it for.

Does anyone have any advice or help where I could purchase I reasonably priced one?? Or is this something I will easily pick up at excel?

I have put a wanted add already in geekbay and contacted the people who recently placed an add.

have emailed you :)

thank you.

I have also heard on hear of people using a rubber glove filled with flower.. could someone please tell me how this is used?

I picked up an EN Nail trainer on ebay for £50 instead of the usual hundred and odd quid they cost new.

They're always turning up on there from techs that don't need/want them anymore.

i used to use practice fingers, they were about $1, when you don't use them anymore, nail them to the wall upside down and hang your umbrella from them.

LOL I am seriously wondering about your house with lemon all over the lawn and what looks like severed fingers holding up your umbrellas.. LOL

thanks I have seen those although I thought maybe they might be a tad awkward to work with, not being secure etc?? or do you place them over your finger??

i got a practice hand from ebay, really cheap and boy was it so not worth it! Tips refused to stick to the nails so absolute waste of money. I got a second hand (pardon the pun) nail trainer on ebay and it's fantastic, a real investment and cant see me letting go of it anytime soon :D

thanks you this is what I wanted to hear. Nail trainer it is then, just got to find one I can afford.

Still interested on how people use the rubber glove filled with flour though.

i used to use practice fingers, they were about $1, when you don't use them anymore, nail them to the wall upside down and hang your umbrella from them.

your on form today mr nailzoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:green:

LOL I am seriously wondering about your house with lemon all over the lawn and what looks like severed fingers holding up your umbrellas.. LOL

thanks I have seen those although I thought maybe they might be a tad awkward to work with, not being secure etc?? or do you place them over your finger??

Naah, they are odd looking (quite stiff) bent fingers and you slide a tip up under the plastic cuticle, they are great for practising application.
practice_finger.jpg

thanks you this is what I wanted to hear. Nail trainer it is then, just got to find one I can afford.

Still interested on how people use the rubber glove filled with flour though.

give the rubber glove thing a miss ! sounds pants!

Hi there
I have been trying to get a nail trainer from e-bay for about 2 weeks now unsucessfully as I keep being out bid. It seems that a lot of experienced e-bayers don't bid until the last minute and those that have already been biding just don't get there quick enough. Most of them have been going for £70.00 plus which makes me wonder shall I just get a new one from creative for £126.00. At least I know I will be able to sell it on e-bay for a decent price when I no longer want it!!

give the rubber glove thing a miss ! sounds pants!
yes I know which is why I havne't used it, :) but I know I read it on hear somewhere.

Naah, they are odd looking (quite stiff) bent fingers and you slide a tip up under the plastic cuticle, they are great for practising application.

thanks I will have to look for these aswell...

rubber glove is great for practising blending, if you are too heavy handed there's flour everywhere! Alternatively, paint the clip on nail beds of the nail trainer red and check how much comes off after blending, no where near as messy :D

ahhh thats what it's used for... I understand now. thank you.

I am looking for a practive hand to ... errm practice and there seems to be real cheap version out there that are a creepy looking hand and then I have seen the essential nails type.

cheap practice hand are rubbish..... mine is now sitting on my shelves doing nothing apart from looking creepy....:eek:

a nail trainer is a better investment.... theyre much better and you can always sell it on if you dont need it anymore....

Latest posts

Back