Nails curled while soaking off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

femmefan

Reaction score
I'm soaking off a hand of soak off gel overlays using warmed acetone in the easy soak bath and my nails are curling quite severely. They've been soaking for half an hour and the gel still isn't all off :cry: I'm worried about why the nails are curling so much as it's only been slight before. Any info on this sort of thing? Why has it happened and how long before I can expect them to be back to normal?

Maybe your nails are thinner this time than what they were on the previous times that you have soaked off,

30 mins, i thought the new bath was meant to make it quicker ?

Hey hun did u remove nail polish topcoat and give a quick buff over and file the free edge? I did'nt do this the !st time and nails took ages to come off. I use the foil wrap method for this, bought the easy soak bath too, soaked off a set of acrylics and did'nt think it was that much quicker perhaps water not hot enough?? xx

i have bought the easysoak bath aswell and can say i did not find it any quicker .... took me same length of time as normally does ... thats with filing and buffing off aswell as soaking..... maybe your nails are just thinner and so the heat and soaking are just making them curl...?? not sure about the curling....

Hiya I got the easysoak and have to say I love it took about 15/20 mins to soak off, did u file them down first?? and sounds like your nails are very thin, I add a drop of oil in with the acetone as well as this for me stops the skin drying . :)

Thanks for the replies.

My nails aren't any thinner than they were 2 weeks ago when I soaked off my l&p nails and they didn't curl then.

I didn't buff first because I hadn't used a file off topcoat and the soak off gel has always come straight off before in about 15 mins.

Now I've thought about it I think the curling may have happened because the gel came away very nicely all down the sides but was still firmly attached down the centre so the sides will have absorbed more acetone. They were all back to normal after about half an hour.

I now wonder whether the fact it was a new black colour gel made any difference. Maybe the black is a different formula? After a while I decided to file off the remaining black and then the clear base coat came off very quickly.

not sure if all soak off gels work the same I use calgel (I'm quite new to gel) but we were taught to buff over the top just to break the seal so it came off easier hth xx

Latest posts

Back