Nails in Pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamperedPinkies

Reaction score
Hello peeps,

Im new to the site but Ive been lurking a bit (tut tut)

I have previously introduced myself but just a quickie, Im Di from Essex currently finishing my nail course.

How I have a friend who has just announced she is pregnant and is panicing that I did her nails last week and its it all ok.

Ive reassured her that all is ok but I just wanted to check that this was the case.

She had a set of gel infills, Ive looked at the care sheet that came with my supplies and cant find anything on there. Im assuming that there is nothing that can affect her!? She hasnt inhaled anything etc ...

She is panicing which has in turn made me panic then suddenly thought is there anything you shouldnt do on a pregnant person?

I know this may sound a bit dumb but thought it was worth an ask!? :confused:

Di,
If you do a search on preganacy, there are many posts that may help you. Don't panic, pregnant women have been getting their nails done for years! Wish I could give you a more scientific answer. :)

HTH

~Candy~

Thanks Candy,

I still had mine done when pregs with both my kids. Didnt even give it a thought. lol

Will search it. Thanks you for advice.

I hate it when Im learning something new, I love to know the ins and outs of everything!!! lol

Ta Di xxx

Di,
Good luck to you! I know how you feel! Asking questions is the best way though, and everyone is here to help each other!:)
I always do a basic search first because 9 times out of 10, someone has already asked the same question!:lol::lol:

~Candy~

I did my training whilst trying for a baby and this was one question I asked my instructor on the course (Creative). She assured me that there were no problems with either the client being pregnant or the technician. She did suggest that in the case of a client to offer the use of a face mask and to ensure the room the service was conducted in was well ventilated, practices that should be employed whether pregnant or not.

I carried on doing nails whilst pregnant with my son and still had my own nails done.

Thinking about it now, i'm not entirely sure how this may effect a nail tech's insurance??

Kelly x

There is no danger to a pregnant lady at all associated with having nail services.

Some may find the smell of some nail producs unpleasent but then many find the smell of perfume unpleasent whilst pregnant.

Take all the normal precautions you would take when working with nail products ... mainly good ventillation.

No problems for pregnant women

I have had 2 babies in the last 2 years and have not only had my nails done, i've been teaching nails and doing clients and both of my babies are healthy

:smack:

i had my nails done throughout my pregnancy, no problems (apart from the time i was sick in the waste bin in the beauty salon whilst waiting for my appointment, oh the shame of it!!).

I had my nails done when i was pregnant with both mine ,just check her med history if your worried hun.xx

What is important are the FACTS ... not individual experiences. I don't mean to sound harsh, but individual experiences count for nothing. It's like saying, "I smoked allthrough my pregnancy and my babies are perfectly healthy." We all know, that the facts support the correct info which is that smoking during pregnancy is injurious to the fetus.

The FACTS regarding nail products support that with the normal precautions, the use of nail products or working with nail products is perfectly safe for the fetus of a pregnant woman. IOW it is safe to work or have your nails done.

Latest posts

Back