Nails Plus Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavenlyhands

Reaction score
Hi,

PLease, does anyone have another phone number for nails plus beauty, i've been calling 01273 677993 for days with no reply, have also emailed with no reply. I'm having lifting problems with their options gel and really need some advice to try and sort it out asap

Thanks

Karen is normally good at responding to emails and sorting things out, Give her a day or two she will get back to you. I don't think (but could be wrong) she uses the number any more. Does it all by email. Where are you getting lifting? Free edge or cuticle? Make Sure your product is thin, Slightly streaky on first coat of colour. Are you slightly buffing the nail bed, I don't use sure bond but I affixit at the free edge then options pink for base ( or opti bond) Then i take off sticky layer, Apply colour then finish with base and gloss. If your lifting at cuticle try dry prep and not get product too close encase you are slighty flooding it. hth Vicky.

The lifting is from the free edge, and i do apply it thinly, my routine is:

prep - very thorough, shape free edge, remove cuticle buff nail to remove shine with white buffer

apply primer - am using cnd primer
apply opti bond
apply colour - two layers
apply top coat

don't know what i'm doing wrong, a couple of questions: does the pink serve as a base coat instead of opti-bond or as well as? (I have this but its so clear and has no colour to it so i don't use it much) also should I get affixit or surebond?

is it important to take off sticky layer of pink as base layer?

Thanks ever so much - am at my wits end with this stuff!!! have recently switched from Bio due to cost.

forgot to say - i clean and dyhydrate nails with nail prep before the primer

I use the options clear/pink as my base. I haven't used opti bond. I think it gives a nice smooth finish when you wipe the sticky off after curing and i do this as it helps with the shrink back. I also freeze cure each nail as i go for 10 sec to prevent shrink back which could be the cause of free edge seperation if not caped properly. I always use affix it at the free edge, not all over as it is a bugger to remove. Wouldn't be without affixit.

So I don't need surebond as well as affixit? I freeze cure each nail and cap edges also so it must be the primer. Will buy some affixit and see if that solves the problem.

I dont use sure bond. I have read others say they get lifting problems with this? I don't know as i dont use it. Its to help with the soak off. Its worth another £10 for affixit if it solves your problems. I found when i had a client with a little seperation with their hard gels a little of affixit then top coat held together fine.

Thanks, i'll try it and see what happens

Affixit is meant for the buff off gels isn't it?

Maybe its your lamp thats the problem? I use the options gels with surebond and obti-bond and it doesnt budge - it doesnt even go raggedy around the edges and i have had clients that have kept it on their fingers for over 4 weeks before without maintenance, and without any lifting at all. And honestly, if I can get results like that its saying something - I've had a nightmare with other gels in the past.

I did have trouble at first with it shrinking back over the free edge almost instantly which I suppose could lead to it lifting as it isnt capped properly, but followed a tip i found on here to brush over the bonding layer after its cured with a dry gel brush. I was gobsmacked when it actually worked - is yours doing this?

Gina uses affixit on her tutorials on her web page Gel essentailz, Yes it is used on the hard gels over the whole surface of the nails. Just the free edge with Options. When you say you dry brush over the base do you cure again before applying colour. Are you using opti bond over the entire nail. I haven't used this yet, i have it but wasn't sure if it was just for the free edge. Are your soak off are fine with using opti bond? I have just got Shellac in but i still like to use my akzentz options.

so brush over the free edge after uring the opti-bond,

but still have dilema affixit or sure bond? Sounds like more people use affixit with options even though sure bond is the one that's supposed to go with options?

I don't cure it again after dry brushing, I apply my colour or whatever. I noticed that my colour seemed to be mixing slightly with the tacky layer for whatever reason and wasn't looking so good and my french smile lines were running all over the place before I could even flash cure them - the same when I put base and gloss over the top, loads of colour was coming off on the pad when I wiped at the end. I dry brush after my last coat of colour too. It stops there being so much of a tacky layer but doesn't remove it completely. I'm so pleased it worked.

I've read tutorials where opti-bond is used on the edges and then base and gloss over the nail. Optibond does make it tougher to come off than base and gloss, but most times I use optibond over the whole nail, as my clients are more concerned with the gel staying on rather than it taking longer to soak off. I always just use base and gloss on toes though and have has no problems with lifting on the toes.

But I've just looked and it does say on the website that affixit can be used on all the products lines. I haven't tried it, but I think I would only get some if I had a client still had lifting problems with the products I already use - which I haven't had as of yet. I'm assuming its even tougher to soak off then optibond.

Heavenly hands, I would say go with what your priority is at the minute - if you are afraid that surebond might cause you lifting then get the affixit, but only use it around the edges of the nail, otherwise you might find it difficult to get off. If you would rather have a primer on the whole of the nail then use surebond.

Latest posts

Back