Nails sore after soak off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princesslilyxx

Reaction score
Hi geeks

I have a client tomorrow, which I am suppose to be putting on a full set for her. She recently had the other set of nails she had on soaked off at Debenhams where she got them done. I phoned her today just as a courtesy call telling her that is everything still ok for tomorrow.

Well she was telling me that her nails feel really sore after she had them soaked off yesterday. She said there are ridges in her nails where they have soaked her nails off and 2 of her nails are really red. So do you think its due to over filing when they were soaking off the nails?

She said they were quite rough, so now knowing her nails are quite sore I don't really want to put a new set on her, if that makes sense? I told her I will come and have a look at her nails tomorrow and go from there. I advised maybe I should do a manicure and then see how her nails are in a few weeks time.

Was I right adivising that to her? Any suggestions will be very helpful. Thanks geeks :hug:

The redness could be from when the nails were pepared before application.

She has had protective overlays on and now she does not have the protection, so they may feel tender.

As long as there are no major issues with her nails then you could replace her enhancements and ensure loads of regular applications of Solar Oil or such and let the damage grow out.

Thanks for the reply Fiona. Great advice there, will let you know what happens tomorrow when I see her.

I agree with Fiona with redness could be from the initial application. They are probably sore from "rough" removal. I would probably put a new set on as they will feel better after they have received a protective coating.

As Fiona says, if you are used to enhancements, then her nails will feel rather vulnerable and thin, but especially due to the prep and if they were rough.

I would personally have a good look, if they are particularly thin, i would give her a manicure and get her to use cuticle oil every day, then see how they feel in a week. If they have calmed down when you have seen her, i would then put enhancements on them but not very long as i wouldn't want to put any untold pressure on the nail beds at the mo.

let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back