Nano Mist - any views or experience?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautytrix sell them x

Beautytrix sell them x

Can you please send link. I cant find it on their website. :what:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Question - why does it HAVE to be distilled water? xx

I'm pretty sure it's due to the nano mister may break. It's the same for facial steamers you can use just normal water in those x

I used the nano mister for the first time tonight & no fumes!! Happy client! Will let you all know how the lashes last

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Where Do you get the water for it as just received mine and egar to try it out xx

*Ahem* *cough* *cough*

yes I would always recommend to put a sealant on as the nanomister helps to cure the lashes quicker but the sealant helps to protect it so one doesn't replace the other :O)

Where Do you get the water for it as just received mine and egar to try it out xx

I got mine from halfords x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

But, WHY does distilled water sprayed in a fine mist cure the lashes faster?

Also, why is the nano mister any better than an atomiser or oil mist sprayer?

Last edited:
I think I need to try this! Going to head off to the Beautytrix website right now!! x

Just bumping up, as would like to know WHY spraying a fine mist of distilled water 'sets' lashes after application

yes does this really cure the lashes or is it just another product they are selling?
as well can it be used incorrectly?
is it worth the buy?
how is this any different from splashing water on the eyes after lashing?

Hi, I've been lashing for a few years now and I had never herd of a nano mister or how and why to use one. Would the water not cause issues with bonding? I've been watching some clips about 3D lashing and seen the nano mister used a lot, so thought I would investigate more. Can anyone help me understand?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

All semi-permanent lash glues have a cyanoacrylate base which sets in 2 ways: there is a solvent that evaporates so that the glue dries and a chemical reaction with water molecules that cures (polymerises) the glue. The trick for a perfect bond is to get exactly the right amount of moisture to set off the chemical reaction without preventing the solvent from drying. That's why it does not make a very strong bond if the lash is too wet, bubbles of solvent get trapped in the glue.

Another thing to watch out for on fast glues and 1st generation Cyanoacrylates when you mist them is 'blooming', a white powdery coating caused by the glue boiling as it cures too fast. The white powder is tiny droplets of the glue settling back on the surface. This is used by CSI teams finding fingerprints by not very good for us.
Please bear in mind that even if you mist heavily the glue will still need a few hours to fully cure to the centre of the bond. The actual time will depend on the speed of the glue.

The bottom line is that if you are going to mist you should test and practice misting with your preferred glue. Don't overdo it at the start as it could cause you problems and above all make sure your bottle and water are totally clean to avoid infection. It will not make your lashes last longer and if overdone could make the glue weaker.

In laboratory conditions the ideal environment for the Eyelash Emporium glues to cure is 40% to 75% Relative Humidity at 19-27ºC. it's very similar for other brands. That's why you might have noticed that your glue is slower on really dry days or if the air con is turned up. I check my treatment room with a hygrometer (you can buy them at Argos for about £10) and if it's really dry I have a humidifier that's like a big nebuliser that brings the room up to around 50% RH before treatment. I never have problems with the glue not lasting as long as the lash since I started paying attention to the humidity. I also don't have to worry about getting the glue too wet.

Finally, misting is used in 3D lashing for glue on glue techniques. Personally I prefer xD Russian Volume over 3D as it's quicker, lighter and stronger for a better effect with less glue. If you get the right speed glue for the way you work you don't have to bother with misting. Hope that helps.

Fab for those clients who say 'oh my god I'm having a reaction to the glue' no hunny the glue is fab, any good glue will have fumes! Rolls eyes x

Latest posts

Back