Nano ring, has anybody tried them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm just looking to see if anybody has tried the new nano ring extension? It's supposed to be 90% smaller than the micro ring and sounds amazing for people with fine hair who don't like the bonding method also?

I know luciouslox seem to have lead the way with these but are based in Austrailia and I can't find out much about training and supply ect but saw that Bonita hair extensions are now offering them?

Has anybody tried them yet?

Heare is the link for Bonita
Nano Ring Hair Extensions

Looking forward to hearing from you 😁

Interesting ,thay look a bit shiny and wonder how the manage to get the tips small enough when the hair is 0.8g ,also how sturdy thay would be :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Interesting ,thay look a bit shiny and wonder how the manage to get the tips small enough when the hair is 0.8g ,also how sturdy thay would be :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

thats what i thought! how do they get 0.8g that small at the tip?? think i'll request a sample x

I dont think there is any training available in the UK.

Not sure where the trainers would come from, as the method is so rarely offered don't know where anyone with sufficient experience in the method, with suitable teaching experience would come from.

The Bonita version looks possibly like they have had there own 'version' of the luscious lox made (could be wrong but the actual luscious lox hair is a lot more expensive) - if you click to enlarge one of the pictures on their website it has a note on it requesting that the stick tip be made shorter.

Pretty sure that it is the little wire loop on the end of the stick tip that gets inserted in the ring and then the ring clamped - thats how the 0.8g can be achieved

I dont think there is any training available in the UK.

Not sure where the trainers would come from, as the method is so rarely offered don't know where anyone with sufficient experience in the method, with suitable teaching experience would come from.

The Bonita version looks possibly like they have had there own 'version' of the luscious lox made (could be wrong but the actual luscious lox hair is a lot more expensive) - if you click to enlarge one of the pictures on their website it has a note on it requesting that the stick tip be made shorter.

Pretty sure that it is the little wire loop on the end of the stick tip that gets inserted in the ring and then the ring clamped - thats how the 0.8g can be achieved
i did notice that note!! I have requested a sample piece so will post when I get it xx

new micro ring by lusciouslox - YouTube

I found this video for application, it seems really low down the hair shaft when applied and not very neat?

Would like to try this, it seems it's the tip on the extension that is different and that's how they are able to offer them in 0.8 and 1g bonds?

I've also requested a sample to try them out and see how they work?

new micro ring by lusciouslox - YouTube

I found this video for application, it seems really low down the hair shaft when applied and not very neat?

Would like to try this, it seems it's the tip on the extension that is different and that's how they are able to offer them in 0.8 and 1g bonds?

I've also requested a sample to try them out and see how they work?

did your email get through? mine has bounced back.... doesnt fill me with confidence!! x

Just watched the video, it looks like the hair sticks out once clamped, not a good look.
I'm guessing the bond is low down for demonstration reasons and in reality you would push the ring to the scalp, place in the hair close to the scalp then lower the ring.
Love the idea of the tiny bonds but if it causes the hair to stand outward then it's a no no in my eyes xoxo

I saw that link in my search.

Lusciouslox i have registered on your site but cant access prices or info on your training videos? can you please advise?

I received a sample of these about two year a go and wasn't impressed the rings broke real easy when clamped shut using the usual micro loop pliers. Luckily I tried a few jn my hair first as one of them split my hair when it snapped as well. Also the loops are really shiny so quite obvious through the hair whereas if they were matt like the standard micro loops it'd be much better. The training place in oz is near by where my cousinmoved to from Sydney and she doesn't know any salons that do them so that speaks volumes to me personally.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi yes i have used these, I bought the nano rings & wire tip hair from Bonita, hair is great quality, rings are fantastic very small but very easy to do......only down side is bond holding wire tip on is quite bulky

I have just purchased some nano rings and hair from Bonita and I love the concept of this method.

I think the adhesive bond holding the wire is far too long and doesnt need to be so long to hold the wire.

I have just started trialling these and have also made my own for trialling and although I did it quite quick once I got the hang of it its very time cosuming moving from tool to tool and its very fiddly.

I have also tipped my own hair to fit inside the nano rings which looks fab when its in.

All in all I suppose on removal take down there would be no adhesive on the hair apart from anyone catching the adhesive bond with a hot iron if straightening or curling.

Although i have read good feedback on the hair i wouldnt just fit these without giving it a trial and everyone has different ideas of what good quality hair is.

I will get some info on the australian ones.

Not found any training in the uk for the nano rings.

Any more reviews/opinions on the nano ring method? Just bumping this up xx

Oh and lancashirelass bonita does training for the nano ring method xx

hi, i would like to know how long you nano tip is? thanks

I had a half head of nano rings fitted in London a couple of weeks ago and really like them. Prior to this I had keratin bonds that destroyed my already fine hair.. They do feel like they stick out a bit initially but only when you touch them, they don't look like they're sticking out and I have super fine blonde hair. I'm not sure how they are going to last yet, one ring came out after 1 day so will wait and see. Love that they are virtually invisible even when my hairs up. If successful will definitely keep getting these

I am training with connect 2 hair this weekend for nano!

Emily :) xx

Latest posts

Back