National Nail Competition???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
I am confused!!

How was it possible for someone to receive a second and third place in Nailympics both in Division 2 and then receive a third place in the National Nail Comp this week also in Division 2?

Should that person have entered in Divsion 3 for the National Nail Comp? Or is that allowed if you enter in a different category?

glynis said:
I am confused!!

How was it possible for someone to receive a second and third place in Nailympics both in Division 2 and then receive a third place in the National Nail Comp this week also in Division 2?

Should that person have entered in Divsion 3 for the National Nail Comp? Or is that allowed if you enter in a different category?

When they registered they are in devision 2 for the whole of the competition weekend..... It is held over seperate days to give competitors a chance to enter different Categories which require different skills over the 2 days....
they are not entering the same category 2x .....
So if you enter all the different categorys, you enter them as a devision 2 Competitior......each win for these would have been in a different category....
hence Jess won devision 2 in tip and overlay with L&P and the Free form sculpting which was on the next day..... even though the Comp is held over 2 days your devision stays the same and doesn't change until the next competition.......depending on your placement.....the top 3 places in each category move up in devision, but the lower onces can enter the same devision again as they didn't place.......

HTH

I'm confused now as well lol.

Glynis did you mean someone got placed in the top3 at nailolympics and then entered the same division again at Earls court instead of going up to division 3.

If so how was this possible? or is it different rules for nail olympics to porfessional beauty?

Hi Ruth,

Glynis is right, that person won at the NAILYMPICS...

So, she should have been in division 3 at the weekend.

There has been some confusion about this...Denise Wright told me I should have been in division 2 even though I placed 1st at the nailympics. Yet the division is clearly explained as "if you have won any national or international competition, you should enter division 3".....

G. xx

There seems to be so much confusion with these comps. Didn't the bloke who won Div 2 gel say that he'd been placed second in a comp somewhere else when they interviewed him. I thought maybe it was because it wasn't in this country so he could still enter Div 2, but as you say Georgue it states a placing anywhere in the world. It all seems such a cock up!

Sassy Hassy said:
There seems to be so much confusion with these comps. Didn't the bloke who won Div 2 gel say that he'd been placed second in a comp somewhere else when they interviewed him. I thought maybe it was because it wasn't in this country so he could still enter Div 2, but as you say Georgue it states a placing anywhere in the world. It all seems such a cock up!

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

G. x

The rules from Professional Beauty website:

Level 3*
Competitors in this level are those who have been placed (1st / 2nd / 3rd) in any national / international competition.

Level 2*
Competitors who have entered a competition before but have not been placed. Competitiors who have never entered a competition before and have been doing nails
for over a year

But as I say, there is someone who came 3rd in Division 2 at Professional Nails after winning a 2nd and a 3rd at Nailympics.

I realise that if you are doing different categories over the two days you would enter in the same division - I'm confused, but not that confused :D

If this is the case then bring it to the attention of the competition organisers.....
Rules are Rules and they like, it or not have to be stuck to by the Organisers and the competitiors........
Nail Competition - Earls Court
The National Nail Competition

New for 2005
For the 2005/06 nail competition season, competitor levels have been introduced. These ensure that you will be competing against technicians of a similar standard. Simply select your level below and enter today.

Level 3*
Competitors in this level are those who have been placed (1st / 2nd / 3rd) in any national / international competition.

Level 2*
Competitors who have entered a competition before but have not been placed. Competitiors who have never entered a competition before and have been doing nails
for over a year.

Novice*
Competitors who have been doing nails for less than one year and who have never entered a nail competition before. Novice competitors must send in a copy of their Beginner’s Certificate with their entry form.

Georgie thats odd aint it babe .....You won and that should have been in Division 3......As for the others, yes I can see it should have been devision 3 also.......
bring it to the attention of the organisers and let them see that there has been a devision error entry.......

sorry Glynis I misread the post and thought you ment the Pro Nails Comp not inlcuding the Nailympics......

I've sent an email to Kathryn Hanks to ask the question.

Well the judges would have known cos the bloke was interviewed when he was presented with his award and said that he had entered before (can't remember where, but not in this country) and come second. I wondered about this and thought maybe Div 3 was only for winners, not people who have been placed 2nd and 3rd, or it as only for people who had been placed in this country - but those rules defo contradict this.

Sassy Hassy said:
Well the judges would have known cos the bloke was interviewed when he was presented with his award and said that he had entered before (can't remember well, but not in this country) and come second. I wondered about this and thought maybe Div 3 was only for winners, not people who have been placed 2nd and 3rd, or it as only for people who had been placed in this country - but those rules defo contradict this.

Don't they just...... I am sure Kathryn will pass this on to the Comp Organiser.... well lets see what happens x

Why do all the competitins not ahve the same rules so there is no confusion and a clear criteria of what they expect the nails to look like, eg square 1.5 inches long etcc.. Not really these ones but just a set of clear and consise instructions so everyone everywhere is singing from the same hymn book. No white tips unless they are allowed in all categories, any form of fabric being used in fibreglass this sort of thing. Obviously i dont know exactly what they should be but maybe they need to ask the winners of winners from over the last ten years what would be fair .

Sorry just thinking out loud lol

Sassy Hassy said:
Well the judges would have known cos the bloke was interviewed when he was presented with his award and said that he had entered before (can't remember where, but not in this country) and come second. I wondered about this and thought maybe Div 3 was only for winners, not people who have been placed 2nd and 3rd, or it as only for people who had been placed in this country - but those rules defo contradict this.

It was not only "the bloke" !

Maybe it was because they weren't placed at the Nailympics in the category they placed in at Earls Court?

So if enter Div 2 and place in say free form sculpting, does this mean that you will, in the future be Div 3 for all categories or just free form sculpting??

Well I wondered that too Cathie but it does say placed in ANY competition, there isn't then a sub clause that says in the SAME category only. I wonder if my Ex husband is on the board - he always made the rules up as he went along !!

The div 2 gel winner ; he won last time in Ireland Sassy (I'm sure he said Ireland)!! This guy sat next to me and Clare, he works for the Toni & Guy nails thingymejig.

At the end of the day, the people running the competition don't ask for proof to check which division you are in. Some compititors may not have even known; they may have thought they had to have come 1st in their last competition to go up a division.

I know a few competitors around me and Clare on both days who didn't read their comp packs (no geeks comper's, don't worry!!).

x

I thought the rules were very clear and anyone who was in Division 2 but had been placed in a competition before (excluding novice) shoudl be disqualified.

NailNovice2 said:
I thought the rules were very clear and anyone who was in Division 2 but had been placed in a competition before (excluding novice) shoudl be disqualified.

I know!! Lol. Some people obviously didn't 'get it', or were purposely being dishonest.

Who knows! :eek:

NailNovice2 said:

i thought thats what the rules stated?... i know im going up a div for gmex..... shame i cant hide back in div 2... where it feels safe........lol

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back