Natural looking sculptured nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
I think I have seen this done somewhere before a few years back but can't remember where, but is it possible to sculp a natural nail over a form? What I mean is if a client did'nt want the french look could a natural look be achieved without the use of a tip. and without it looking too pinkl? It you get what I mean. Would it look o.k?

Yes ofcourse I do this on myself often , I create my own blend using natural powder with other powders to create a natural looking free edge.

When sculpting on a form you just use the form as your guide so in theory your form is your tip, you would do the same on both tip or form by using diffrent colour powders. If I were to do a tip and overlay with French I would use White powder z1 and z2,3 a nice pink to suit clients skin tone,, as I would with forms. Or you could use any colour you wish, any shape any style, your imagination wishes you just use your brush to let you design your form , length , design etc.

Hth

Thanks for the help:) I thought so but wasn't too sure cause I have only ever seen pink and white sculps so far. I did see Gina Wallace do a pink sculptured nail on the nail trainer a few years back, but was too pink though. Not done custom colour blending yet as I will be starting my masters course in a few weeks time so hope to cover this.

Look on youtube for NailZoo stuff. She does the most fab looking natural nails!

Look on youtube for NailZoo stuff. She does the most fab looking natural nails!

Nailzoo is NOT a girl!

Carl is man through and through.

If you look at his site, you will find some other vid's where Carl shows of his other talents and also has some great vid's on NSS places and the danger they bring to the public.

Forgot to say.......

yes HE does some awesome vid's on natural sculpts and how to make the F/E look natural.

Watching his vid's is something I do often and for long periods as he is such an inspiration to watch him work.

One thing Carl is very well known for is his view that fake nails do not have to look fake, he turns something that is fake into something that looks so real, it's hard to tell the difference.

Have a look at his promo vid and you will see what I'm talking about:)

geeg has a secret mix for the free edge that is FABULOUS but I cannot find the recipe. Maybe someone else on here has it bookmarked.

It's a beautiful, natural looking nail. :)

Nailzoo is NOT a girl!

Carl is man through and through.

If you look at his site, you will find some other vid's where Carl shows of his other talents and also has some great vid's on NSS places and the danger they bring to the public.
wow I can not believe I said she! I know Carl is 100% man LOL I am so use to saying she when it comes to nail tech! Forgive me Of Great Carl! :smack:

Thanks for the help:) I thought so but wasn't too sure cause I have only ever seen pink and white sculps so far. I did see Gina Wallace do a pink sculptured nail on the nail trainer a few years back, but was too pink though. Not done custom colour blending yet as I will be starting my masters course in a few weeks time so hope to cover this.

Yes you sure will cover cc blending as I too have just completed and passed my masters with cnd, you will love it. But you do not bred a cert to allow you to mix your own blends have a go I was doing this way before I sat my masters , I blend which I love is intense pink and blush pink mixed it gives a lovely cameo type pink fab try mixing 50/50 then add more of colour you wish to achieve, add a dash of sparkle for shine , dash of blue to cool a blend, red to warm but remember less is more you can always add buy can't take out.

Cc blending Is also about making new colours go on have a go.

Yes you sure will cover cc blending as I too have just completed and passed my masters with cnd, you will love it. But you do not bred a cert to allow you to mix your own blends have a go I was doing this way before I sat my masters , I blend which I love is intense pink and blush pink mixed it gives a lovely cameo type pink fab try mixing 50/50 then add more of colour you wish to achieve, add a dash of sparkle for shine , dash of blue to cool a blend, red to warm but remember less is more you can always add buy can't take out.

Cc blending Is also about making new colours go on have a go.

Aww thanx for the help Katie, I will have a go at that. I am so looking forward to starting my masters with CND. Let you know how I get on. x:)

I have seen quite a few of Nailzoo's videos on youtube and yes he is fab, makes it look so easy dosent he?:)

Latest posts

Back