Need a new laptop-I'm after some advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest dell. I had a Sony vaio when I first started uni and it broke within 6months, in the end had to replace it with another one. Which was a dell and it is still with me today after 6 years! They're good, basic, and normal priced! I am planning on getting a tablet at some point for when I'm just at home and want to Facebook, Instagram and geek but I would never get rid of my laptop which holds all my music and movies and documents :)

Samsung all the way.... Don't get me wrong if you wasn't going to leave it behind I would have said apple as your husband should find it Ok.... I think its easier then windows.

Also you need to think if your buying brand new it will be windows 8, so a touch screen would be easier... I have a touch pc windows 8 and I hate it.....NOT THE PC, THE OPERATING SYSTEM, And I am some what of a computer geek..
(Mini Mac, Samsung note book, Sony vaio,Samsung pc, ipad mini and Samsung galaxy note) my collection...well ours ;P X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I currently have a Samsung series 7 Chronos. Definitely one of the better laptops I've purchased. Very sturdy despite the slim frame, 15.6 in. Screen, backlit keyboard, decent battery life. The only downside is all the new laptops come with Windows 8 which I hate. My PC still has windows 7 so I'm on it more.

I currently have a Samsung series 7 Chronos. Definitely one of the better laptops I've purchased. Very sturdy despite the slim frame, 15.6 in. Screen, backlit keyboard, decent battery life. The only downside is all the new laptops come with Windows 8 which I hate. My PC still has windows 7 so I'm on it more.
Well I've never used it and am still using windows XP!! Why do you hate it? Can it be that different if you're just using it for the purposes I want it?? Read first post!

Well I've never used it and am still using windows XP!! Why do you hate it? Can it be that different if you're just using it for the purposes I want it?? Read first post!

Geeg it is completely different. I seriously recommend going to the shop and trying it out...its more like a windows phone with tiles (apps) you do have a desktop which will take a little getting used to but its the switching between the two. I thought it looked easy in store but when you actually use it.... Its silly... Windows ship stuff out and wait for problems, then fix them... So I'm sure in a year it should be smooth.. If it was me buying I would buy a second hand XP and look at getting new one next year. X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Windows 8 is more touchscreen oriented. The layout is a little different than my PC. It's going to take me some time to get used to it. But I did read your original post and you can definitely use it for all those tasks and then some. My father-in-law likes it though. He uses it more than I do. :lol:

Latest posts

Back