Need advice about Location

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
Hi! I'm looking for a place to open a nail shop but i'm having a little trouble deciding on a location so i was hoping that I could get some advice from someone with some experience. I live in a small city where there is one main busy street for commerce and no big malls. Most people live in the surrounding villages and drive in for work and shopping. On the main street, not only are there no shops available but the rents are astronomical. So i have little choice but to set up further from the city center. I should also mention that parking is a real problem in town. I've found a place that is not too expensive, good parking but pretty small. It's on the city limits but has loads of passing cars, so it's visible. The other posts on this topic all stress that "location" is very important and mention foot traffic. I was wondering if only foot traffic is important or would it be equally as good to have a location with lots of car traffic and not much foot traffic?

have you looked into renting some space within another business ie.hairdresser, beautician on the main street. In my opinion you need foot traffic or you will need to do a good advertising campaign to let people know where you are and what you do. Thats been my experience anyway...

I think it depends a lot on what sort of clients you want to attract hun and what there is around already - have you done lots of research into what there is a need for in your area? x

Latest posts

Back