Need advice for further training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NourishedNails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I did my training a few months back with NSI, I did a hollywood and rockstar course, which we used UV gels for (I used pro polish as I wanted to do gelish when I started up) so I passed that and I am fully insured to do gelish which is great.

Thing is now I am building up a client base I am being asked to do full pedicures etc which is great but I feel like I should do a course on this so I have more knowledge, I really am enjoying doing nails so I know this is the route I want to go down (that and I am studying to be a breastfeeding counselor, random mix eh?!) NSI do a sparitual pedicure course for £125 and manicure course for the same price. I really don't think it will be a waste of money to gain more knowledge. I would prefer to stay in the route of natural nails rather than enhancements as this area seem to be all about that. I also want to do a kooky wraps course with NSI and a nail art course too. I am also looking into doing a gelish course.

I want to make sure I am offering my clients good products and an experienced nail professional.

Do all these courses sound good to you or do you think any are not needed?

Would really appreciate the advice of experienced professionals, many thanks.

Amy xx

Last edited:
Oh dear lol anyone? xx

Hi, I am new to salon geek so I'm hoping this reply will work!

I am trained in gel extensions and spray tanning, i use polish pro but I didn't train in it, I think if you were to do a gelish course you would be wasting your time and money as the application will more than likely be the same (I don't know this for sure but it can't be that different!) the nail wraps may be worth doing and the mani pedi courses too, I'm also thinking about mani pedi course myself! The nail art might also be a waste of money too as its more being creative and thinking about things if that makes sense?

As for being a breast feeding counsellor and a nail tech, I used to be an electrician before I had my daughter 18 months ago :) how's that for a contrast :) and good on you for doing the counselling, they are hard to find, I could have done with a good one a year ago, lots of people including doctors are useless with b/f!!

Sorry to go on but hope that helps! Xxx

Hi, I am new to salon geek so I'm hoping this reply will work!

I am trained in gel extensions and spray tanning, i use polish pro but I didn't train in it, I think if you were to do a gelish course you would be wasting your time and money as the application will more than likely be the same (I don't know this for sure but it can't be that different!) the nail wraps may be worth doing and the mani pedi courses too, I'm also thinking about mani pedi course myself! The nail art might also be a waste of money too as its more being creative and thinking about things if that makes sense?

As for being a breast feeding counsellor and a nail tech, I used to be an electrician before I had my daughter 18 months ago :) how's that for a contrast :) and good on you for doing the counselling, they are hard to find, I could have done with a good one a year ago, lots of people including doctors are useless with b/f!!

Sorry to go on but hope that helps! Xxx

Hi hun,

Thank you for replying... I am going to go for the pedi course and the nail wraps, still fancy the nail art as I am quite creative as it is :)

Thank you, I love helping mums and your so right it is a shame how under trained a lot of docs and hv's are, not all of course, but some give shocking advise, breastfeeding support it very much needed.

Wow and electrician that is totally different, great though you can fix things and do nails ;) xx

I would definitely do the mani pedi course. You will hopefully learn about nail structure, nail problems etc which will be really useful.

I would definitely do the mani pedi course. You will hopefully learn about nail structure, nail problems etc which will be really useful.

Thanks, yes will definately be of use to me, can't wait :) xx

Hi,

I dove straight in and went for acrylic L&P course its only then when I started getting my Client base that they were asking for other treatments. I too didnt want to just offer it so I went and did my mani/pedi course and for me, it was a great choise after acrylics.

I'm now learning gels so will have a larger range for Client's to chose from which I think is a good attraction for them :)

HTH

xx

Hi,

I dove straight in and went for acrylic L&P course its only then when I started getting my Client base that they were asking for other treatments. I too didnt want to just offer it so I went and did my mani/pedi course and for me, it was a great choise after acrylics.

I'm now learning gels so will have a larger range for Client's to chose from which I think is a good attraction for them :)

HTH

xx

Thanks, yeah it will be a great knowledge builder for me, I have booked on mani, pedi which are each day courses and have also booked on the kooky wraps course xx

Latest posts

Back