NEED some help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im currently training to be a beautician, i have got on well with manicure and pedicure, im now on waxing. Im finding this hard, as i don't feel very confident and feel that my teacher really isn't that interested in helping. Is itjust practise makes perfect and in time will my confidence grow?? I started this course in september 2008. Any comments or advice wouldbe greatly appreciated. :Grope:Jordan x

It is a scary topic at first since it hurts the client and has lots of potential for things to go wrong. Practice and classes (private or trade show) and other methods of education and forums like this where you can ask specific questions will help you move forward. Hang in there!

Hey hun your not a beautician your a beauty therapist lol Beauticians stand on the counter in boots!
I remember thinking the same as you! Waxing was my worst treatment, the one i always avoided. I thought one day, i really do have to do something about this. I got together all my friends and family and waxed my lil a**** off. I'm fine with it now.
You can do it. Just grab anyone and everyone and practice practice!
Is there only one thing that you are getting stuck on? Maybe we can give you some helpful advice xxx

I think most people start off feeling exactly the same as you! I know I did. What made the biggest difference for me was when I bought a wax pot, and just started practicing as much as I possibly could. It really is just down to practice.

Do you have clients coming into the college for treatments yet? If you do, try and get as many of them as you can. The chances are that they have had waxing done many times before and will be able to tell you how you're doing.

You're not too far away from me, so if you want to get together for some practice, let me know. :hug:

hey thank u ladies. I will be starting open salon at college after xmas for waxing. I had college on weds and just asked my tutor to just come over and watch me whilst i was waxing. So if what i was doing was wrong,she could point me in the right direction. I did take my time, and not PANIC, and i felt 100% better. I think i also did quite a good job! Im just going to try and get in a lot of practise. I went to capital yesterday in bought some hard wax so im going to use that as well as cool wax to practise.

Last edited:
Don't worry at all! It will come all of a sudden. Yes it really is practice makes perfect. I also hated waxing when i first started learning it, it's just getting the technique, and once you have it you're sailing!

Like the others said, just keep practising, as much as you can. You'll get it!
Good luck x

Don't give up! Keep asking your tutor for help if you lack confidence.....that's what she's there for. Ask your client/model for honest feedback too.

Keep your chin up and soldier on. Before you know it, you'll be a real wax pro. xxx

Hi all - new to this site and think it is fantastic! I am a student as well and just finished the waxing unit- it was the unit i was dreading but once got into it and waxed a few friends my confidence grew and now enjoy it.

Once you have your own wax pot you will find friends will be asking you to practice on them and you will start to relax.

Hope it all goes well and i am now looking forward to facials after Christmas!

xxxx:):)

Hi hun, with time u will gain loads of confidence, trust in your self and ask as many questions as you can. Then if you are still worried there are plenty of trainers on here that will give u the edge above the rest. trust me, i no i was u once xxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back