Need to buy pressie for client who's emigrating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
I have a lovely client who is emigrating to Oz next month. She has been a very faithful client of 3 years and I'd just like to buy a little something for her to say thank you. ... any suggestions? She's a cardiac nurse who has just left the Navy, and likes girly things, and cats.

how about a manicure kit frm creative? i think they r lovely, depends though if u want something nail related? or u could buy her a pretty address book?

xxx

Sassy Hassy said:
I have a lovely client who is emigrating to Oz next month. She has been a very faithful client of 3 years and I'd just like to buy a little something for her to say thank you. ... any suggestions? She's a cardiac nurse who has just left the Navy, and likes girly things, and cats.

Sass

Why dont you make her up a nice basket / hamper hun with all the nice nail goodies such as solar oil, scentsation lotion, nail file, base coat, top coat, polish etc - so she can carry on a nail care routine ?? or use one of those Creative Cracker cases if you have any

or is that too corny from a nail tech ??

I did this for one of my ladies who gave birth recently as i know she loves looking after her hands and nails

kx

Sassy Hassy said:

See that's my dilemma, she only has 20 kgs luggage allowance til her main stuff is shipped out in a couple of months, so don't know that nail stuff would be quite right as it may get squished. Would be nice to get an ornament of a cat maybe?

Perhaps a signed photo of me in a frame???????!!!!!!!!!!! Noo didnt think so! I'm so clutching at straws!

Hi Sassy
clinton cards do lovely cat purses and cat handbags, i think its called the retro range!
Won,t take up much luggage space!
HTH.

How about a pre-emigration beauty treat? Waxing/mani/pedi? Something like that. xx

How about a free set of nail enhancements :cool:

What about some skincare products? Am i right that you sell Nimue? I dont know that much about it yet but it will be good for her skin wont it? Ive ran out of ideas hun!

Perhaps a couple of nice scented candles or a bottle of perfume

Sassy Hassy said:
I have a lovely client who is emigrating to Oz next month.

Hi

This may be a bit cheeky but apart from the pressie have you thought about maybe recommending an Ozzie Geek to do her nails when she settles here, or have you already done that??

Where abouts is she moving to?

Kimi

Hi guys, thanks so much for all your input. Jess I love that site, but I want to buy it all for me!!!!!!!!

Kimi, I keep telling her I can find a nailtech for her on here. She's moving to Melbourne, which is about as helpful as saying she's moving to London (ie a big place!). Anyway I've told her exactly what to look for in a salon so she should be okay. She's a fab client, doesn't stint when repairs are needed, looks after her enhancements (except she's a nurse so her only casualties aren't her patients!), but boy is she a demon biter if they come off!

She also has other beauty treatments regularly - Indian HEad Massage, and dermalogica facials (so can't give her Nimue stuff as she's hooked on D'logica!).

Sassy Hassy said:
Hi guys, thanks so much for all your input. Jess I love that site, but I want to buy it all for me!!!!!!!!

Kimi, I keep telling her I can find a nailtech for her on here. She's moving to Melbourne, which is about as helpful as saying she's moving to London (ie a big place!). Anyway I've told her exactly what to look for in a salon so she should be okay. She's a fab client, doesn't stint when repairs are needed, looks after her enhancements (except she's a nurse so her only casualties aren't her patients!), but boy is she a demon biter if they come off!

She also has other beauty treatments regularly - Indian HEad Massage, and dermalogica facials (so can't give her Nimue stuff as she's hooked on D'logica!).

i know Sassy i wanna buy it all too....lol

you could put a post on the yahoo group... australian nail techs.... abt her moving....
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/australiannailtecs/

Jess
xox

What about a small pendant or a St Christopher maybe, just for luck on her travels??

Hiya Sass!
I'd like to refer to Fiona's earlier post and the link to I Want To Collect It - These cats (Cool Cats) are absolutley GORGEOUS. We bought a friend of mine one when she left work last year - I was really jealous!! They are reasonably priced and I thought this one (below) was particularly nice for £16....

http://www.iwanttocollectit.co.uk/products.asp?partno=A3286

Im sure she'd love it...

Melbourne is an amazing city with plenty of good salons to go to. Depending if or where she intends to nurse, she may not be able to wear nail enhancements though. (My sister is a nurse - she can't wear hers on the job as it's against hospital policy so she's always coming to me when she has a party on - which is nearly every weekend...). That said, I would buy her something that you would think reminds her of England. The amount of Scotspeople I've met over here who hang onto a sprig of heather (which doesn't grow here) is amazing. And quite touching, really. Perhaps there's a British/English (I never know the difference but apparently there is one!) equivalent? I've heard a lot of English people say they miss the countryside which is in no way the same here.

Hi Hun,
I think all the ideas suggested are pretty cool.
Jindalee has a point about Ex-pats hanging on to something from their homeland... but I guess its knowing what it will be.
I met an English lady on the plane last week, she lived in Spain & was going home with a Hock of bacon, a huge leg of lamb ... and a dashboard.. yes really!!!
Maybe it would be possible to get a book on Melbourne places to go/nightlife, or even a book on her hometown back here (WH Smith sell loads on localities) she can then show her new friends/future kids etc. where she came from.
Dont laugh either Sass but, I dont think your idea of a framed photo of you is a bad one. What about a nice one of you and staff outside of your salon and put it in a beautiful frame.
Right Im off to check out all these cool sites everyone has suggested!
Good luck x.

Yes Sassy - I think she'd appreciate something that reminds her of home and a framed photo of you and your staff is a great idea!

Thanks guys, you're great! OMG I really was joking about a piccie of me - one look of that and she'll realise why she's emigrated!

It's hard to know other people's taste though - don't want it to be like Aunty Edith's knitted sweaters that get hidden away, or even worse sent to a charity shop! But I think I'm going to go for something along the cat theme!

Latest posts

Back