need your help :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire7

Reaction score
hi guys,

you are my last hope, please help me :)

I am a business student in UK doing a project on America hair salon industry.

I have to prepare a marketing plan about launching some trendy scissors and pouches in US. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the market and the potential customers :cry: I would like to gain some insights like what kind of scissors do the students in a beauty school buy, what are the main features that they are looking for, what price are willing to pay, from where do they buy and things like that. I need to understand if those products would be successful in US.

I would be happy and really grateful if you can help me :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried to google USA hair salons, that should get you loads of info :hug:

yes i ve tried that but most of the articles and reports have to paid to get them..
and also i need some info from people that use scissors and pouches to understand the customers :)

I'm sure some of the hair geeks will be along and point you in the right direction soon :hug:

When I was in college we used fairly cheap scissors about 5 - 5.5" also. Im glad they were cheap as the amount of times you end up dropping them is amazing.
But now I tend to go for a more expensive type and a lot smaller at 4.5" but size depends on the individual.
Now for me personally I wont spend a lot on scissors like hundreds of pounds as im not in a salon anymore and only have a few clients at home. Saying that if I worked in a salon I would be spending more money on my scissors.
im not sure if this has helped any?

Latest posts

Back