Nervous about bikini waxing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjfoy27

Reaction score
I get really nervous about bikini waxes, I have been trained a while but havnt done alot of bikini waxes so I still get nervous.

I find with good stretching I am more confident with the top bit of the bikini line now, but it's the middle bit and bottom I find awkward and hard to get at and I find it hard to get the wax off and also if I have to go in a bit further.

And tips and advice from experienced waxers please?!

As long as you pull off against the hair growth and stretch you should be ok. Don't be worried about looking to see which way it grows as in bikini waxing it quite often grows in two directions. If you trained in hot wax , this would mean that you wouldn't have to worry about bruising as it only sticks to the hair and not the skin. :)

To do the bottom I get the client to raise their knee to their chest.

Make sure the hair is trimmed too. I've had some real hairy Mary's in the past and its so much more effective when the hair is short! Hot wax is fab too.

Very small sections in the areas you find hard to reach to stretch. Easier to pull of a bit then a large section :) Like others have mentioned, getting the client to raise their leg to their chest will stretch the skin on its own and will be easier to access the hard to reach areas

Be in charge ! Get them into the right position, make sure they are stretching and frankly if they are being too shy to stretch do it for them as it preferable to a bruise. Get them to lift the leg into their chest and out and pull the folds of the skin round the labia. Although also accept some client's will say im too old for all that I just want the odd stray.
Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

As above. YOU'RE in change and remember even though you are nervous...your client doesn't know this!

Do the behind area 1st, with good stretching on the front and ask client to hug the knee to check for any strays that have been missed.

The more you do, the more confident you'll become
x

I get really nervous about bikini waxes, I have been trained a while but havnt done alot of bikini waxes so I still get nervous.

I find with good stretching I am more confident with the top bit of the bikini line now, but it's the middle bit and bottom I find awkward and hard to get at and I find it hard to get the wax off and also if I have to go in a bit further.

And tips and advice from experienced waxers please?!

Hi, have you read this tutorial, this might help you a bit - it did for me

http://www.salongeek.com/beauty-tutorials/16284-waxing-waxing-waxing.html

Hi
I'm just wondering if that link is still available?
Iv got a 1/2 leg & bikini booked In for next week. I'm nervous about the bikini as Iv only done 2/3 since I qualified a year ago!! I'm nervous as anything and I'm unsure of how to do underneath.

I'm watching this for any help and tips as I feel the same. Just got back into the beauty industry again, using hot wax which has changed soooo much since I first trained and tbh at college we just kind of trained in doing the very edge of the top side of the bikini line! I'm scared of doing between legs and find it really awkward to do! Thanks for opening this discussion again :) xx

Won't let me look

Frog legs for front and underneath, stretch skin and use hot wax. I do back bit on all fours, quick and easy.

As long as you pull off against the hair growth and stretch you should be ok. Don't be worried about looking to see which way it grows as in bikini waxing it quite often grows in two directions. If you trained in hot wax , this would mean that you wouldn't have to worry about bruising as it only sticks to the hair and not the skin. :)

Hot wax is gentler to the skin as it doesn't adhere to the skin as much thus not removing as many skin cells as strip wax. If you don't stretch the skin you will get bruising even when using hot wax.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Get the right training!

I went on Kim's course and from that day never got that feeling again

Get the right training!

I went on Kim's course and from that day never got that feeling again

Totally agree. I trained after 12 years of just doing the edges and bits underneath. I am now very much in charge of how I do it. I also increase my prices even if it's just a regular bikini wax. If I take more off I charge more. I never really had the confidence to do this before.
Get some training for intimate. Even if you don't think you'll do many you will be surprised at the response.

Vicki x

I was taught to use strip wax.

I'm very nervous!
It's not a common thing that I get.
I'm between two shops now and it's in the sunbed shop Iv been asked for it.

How do I find out about this training with Kim?

Oh gosh, Iv never been taught to get somebody on all fours to do underneath.
At college we just got taught to do the top at the front and the sides. Not much was said about going underneath.

They don't teach you anything at college do they haha!

Frog legs for front and underneath, stretch skin and use hot wax. I do back bit on all fours, quick and easy.

I like this idea. We where taught to leave one leg straight and the other frog legged. The way they taught us to put towels over just got in the way but I know you need them to keep the clients dignity.

I like this idea. We where taught to leave one leg straight and the other frog legged. The way they taught us to put towels over just got in the way but I know you need them to keep the clients dignity.

I trained with Kim Lawless - she's often on here helping out with advice and info. If you google her, you will find her training info.
Be prepared to leave your towels behind lol!
I cannot praise the training highly enough. Like you, college didn't prepare me for the world of hairy bits. I did something like two models with a bit each side and Yay I've passed. Even doing a regular bikini, I'm confident to suggest going in further, doing underneath etc. I no longer do the minimum amount, I have a good look, and if there is hair there, I tell the client and ask if they would like it removed.
Good luck

Vic x

I trained with Kim Lawless - she's often on here helping out with advice and info. If you google her, you will find her training info.
Be prepared to leave your towels behind lol!
I cannot praise the training highly enough. Like you, college didn't prepare me for the world of hairy bits. I did something like two models with a bit each side and Yay I've passed. Even doing a regular bikini, I'm confident to suggest going in further, doing underneath etc. I no longer do the minimum amount, I have a good look, and if there is hair there, I tell the client and ask if they would like it removed.
Good luck

Vic x

Thank you, Iv just googled her!
She looks amazing!
I love the no nonsense approach just on the website.
Iv wrote some notes down, I best get saving 😊
I think going to beauty college is like learning to drive. You only learn to drive after your let loose on the road.
Thanks xx

When I do an standard, extended bikini wax weather it be strip wax or hot I start doing side of bikini, then I lift the knee back towards he chest pull in knickers(if they are wearing any) to expose as much hair as possible & get as much as I can from this angle as there is a good stretch. For the inner bikini I bend knee out wards towards me & there should only be a small strip of hair left there(as you got most of this area when the knee was to the chest) while stretching the skin as much as possible with their help. I hope this makes sense!

Latest posts

Back