New black Minx lamp or the older white version?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janerx90

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Looking for advice. I am looking at buying a new Minx lamp but don't know whether to go with the new, black, small version or stick with the old white version. Obviously the black is smaller and more portable - and it seems to look more professional. But obviously it is at a price premium of about an additional 33% so want to know whether it's worth the extra.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Jane

If I had the choice right now I would definitely go with the black one.
I dont own it (yet) but have seen it in use and have the white one, there is no competition for me- the black one looks great and as soon as my funds allow i'll be upgrading!

Me too! I have the white one and the black one was available at the time but i still choose the white one over price. Has soon has i received it i regretted it, its too large and bulky for me and I'm salon based and don't even do mobile work. If i did mobile i wouldn't take it out with me.

I wished i had saved a few more weeks and bought the black one but little old impatient me couldn't wait! :( lol

I didnt have a white lamp but I have seen them around.

I ordered the new black lamp, if you can wait it out and get one I think it is well worth it. Definately better for mobile and looks good as an added bonus.

The price is a bit of a thing in comparison to what you could be spending but I think that the bonus of it being a nice new version, as a mobile tech it is a must as it is light and takes up less space in a bag.

If I were set up in a room somewhere I may have considered a cheaper lamp to start :)

I have the black one and love it. Its easy to take with me on my mobile days too.

I have the white one and it is a great lamp .. I don't have to carry it around as I am static :lol:

I have actually copied the MinX logo onto my white lamp and branded the lamp with MINX!! So now it looks even more professional.

If I had the choice now I probably would have gone for the Minx lamp because it looks so professional and I am a brand gal. Didn't have it when I started so I did it myself .. as you do.

I have the white one and it is a great lamp .. I don't have to carry it around as I am static :lol:

I have actually copied the MinX logo onto my white lamp and branded the lamp with MINX!! So now it looks even more professional.

If I had the choice now I probably would have gone for the Minx lamp because it looks so professional and I am a brand gal. Didn't have it when I started so I did it myself .. as you do.

That's a really good idea.:biggrin: May do that to my lamp too.:biggrin:

I have the White one but want to change to the black as I am mobile and feel it would be more practical for me, there is nothing wrong with the White one and I liked that if I wanted i could change the bulb and use for massage too.

Kim

I have the white and find it a complete nuisance whilst working mobile - definitely wish I'd got the black.

Brilliant! How did you do this geeg?

Now Gigi, you should know when you post something like this here, we are all just going to pester you until we see pics!!

Please... everyone wants to see it now!! :biggrin: :hug:

The pro's to having the white lamp whilst static in one working place is that it does stretch really far.

I had to adapt and buy a floating shelf for my room so i could clamp my lamp to it, so that i could stretch it out to the feet when needed, and push it back when not in use.

Attachments

• New 8.jpg
    New 8.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 348
  • New 7.jpg
    New 7.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 339
  • New 6.jpg
    New 6.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 269
Hi All

I bought my Minx kit from Ellisons today. (excited!! :D)

I was sold the white lamp, which does seem quite bulky to carry around for mobile treatments and I'm not keen on the clamp to be honest.

Is is worth switching?

Can someone please PM me a price for the black lamp.

Thank you! :)

I've got the white one , it's good it does what it's supposed to do but I'm personally finding it to be alittle large for me and I'm wondering how I'll lug it about mobile and wondering what on earth to carry it in lol

Once I've made some pennies back I think I'll get getting the black one instead as it's a much nicer size :lol:

I have the white one and am mobile, I take it from car to house and I have so much other stuff does not make a massive difference. I carry it in the black bling CND bag available from Sweetsquared, It fits just sticks out this way I can carry it over my shoulder. Only thing is I am alway always leaving my clamp attached to someones table!!!!

Sent from my LG-P970 using SalonGeek

Is there a national shortage of black lamps? Doesnt seem to be on the sweetsquared site or ellisons.....and I really want one!

I need one too and you are right there doesnt seem to be any, am just hoping Sweetsquared will be getting more soon! :)

Last edited:
I asked about the black lamp at Olympia and was told that it was discontinued. I also called S2 and it was confirmed. The wonderful lady I spoke to said she is unaware of any plans to market another small lamp at this time.

Have you seen the MNXCA lamp? It is made by the some people who did the black minx lamp, looks really good.

I am considering getting one.

Im gutted about the black lamp being discontinued! I was going to buy one as I will be going mobile now, having 2nd thoughts about doing minx now as it seems the white one is abit awkward to lug around :( and I'm only tiny lol

Im gutted about the black lamp being discontinued! I was going to buy one as I will be going mobile now, having 2nd thoughts about doing minx now as it seems the white one is abit awkward to lug around :( and I'm only tiny lol

I know. I plan on being mobile and I am not looking forward to carrying the white lamp around. I am still planning on buying it as I want to use the right equipment and I am super excited about the new Minx. Hopefully they will come out with something smaller again soon.

Latest posts

Back