New client wanting to book via email?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I just want confirmation Im in the right.

Ive had an email about a booking, she wants Sat morning for a tan. No problem! Asked for contact num... She replied answering other questions about times etc.

I responded & again asked for a number to call. I got a reply saying phone has broke (the 1st email exchange was Wednesday) thats why she is emailing.

Ive replied saying I will book her in for the time & date but due to the nature of my job I will need to speak on the phone before our appointment.

See, Im not sure where my email address is advertised... It isn't on my website or my yell listing. Can only assume maybe its further on my twitter or Facebook page. (Ie not easy to find)

I had a similar situation before xmas & I asked for a number they gave me one, I called it, no one answered, left a message asking for a call back & left my number. Nothing. Now id rather be safe than sorry, & they both could well have been genuine.

Im not being arsey or unreasonable, surely no one would accept a new mobile client/appointment via email only?

Xx

Hi Steph, I think you are doing the right thing here. I'm not comfortable taking new clients unless I have spoken to them on the phone either. They could be genuine clients but it's not worth the risk if they are not. We all set ourselves boundaries/rules to keep us safe which is so important working by yourself so be confident in sticking by them. Xx

Hi Steph, I think you are doing the right thing here. I'm not comfortable taking new clients unless I have spoken to them on the phone either. They could be genuine clients but it's not worth the risk if they are not. We all set ourselves boundaries/rules to keep us safe which is so important working by yourself so be confident in sticking by them. Xx

Thank you. I was thinking, surely in this day & age she would be around someone who has a phone? or at work? Or even a pay phone? Id happily call her, but that seems out of the question.

Xx

I have, all of my new clients used to be from email.
I would text them the day before to confirm and after to check the tan is ok but that's it.
NEVER had a problem.

I have, all of my new clients used to be from email.
I would text them the day before to confirm and after to check the tan is ok but that's it.
NEVER had a problem.

Hey Pink,

How ru?

Aww thats good to know, Im so wary but I guess you probably advertised your email freely. Last time I had an email I checked all of my active listings & its no where to be seen :/ I can imagine I maybe used it in the beginning on twitter & facebook but with lots of posts to go through I haven't checked there.

Xx

If they're genuine, and a good potential client, they will find a way to get in touch if it's dependent in their booking.

It's not being impolite to ask for confirmation via the telephone- perhaps she can call you? I'd be explicit that " your unable to hold the appointment for her, without confirming the appointment, and could she kindly get in touch at her earliest convenience via telephone to confirm"

As a salon, we never accept bookings without confirming by telephone. This increases security, reduces no shows, and helps build rapport with customers before their appointment.

:D

I book via email all the time. But I ask address first as I'm mobile and I ask for a contact number too 'to confirm their booking'. Never had a problem. But I know which areas round here to be wary of as I have lived here all of my life x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Checked my emails, & no response yesterday. I also asked her a couple of questions in the last email.

Il check my emails at 10.30 today & if Ive had no reply I will cancel the appointment.

See when things like this do happen now, no response. Or number I just think who the heck was I potentially going out to see!

Xx

Do you have a first name and last name? If so do a quick check on Facebook to see if they're on there? To be honest it's never really phased me not talking to people before the appointment I take a lot of bookings via email. If your not sure make sure someone knows where you are and your concerns or if possible take someone with you? Or do a drive by of the address first and see if you can gauge any in info from their house? Xxxxx

I get a few people contact me via text asking for appoints. I always follow up with a call to check contraindications and arrange patch test. I have had a few recently wanting to arrange a tan and not wanting to either give me full address or name? They will text back with another question as they don't want to tell me. I had a call once from someone who wouldn't tell me the address. She kept saying it in such a place near such a place. I just let these messers go. I am not chasing people who are reluctant to divulge this info straight away. I say I need it for insurance purposes and to work out travel times x

Just a first name was given, Ive cancelled the appointment.

Those of you who do take bookings via email advertise that as a point of contact. I do not. I have a contact form on my website which asks for a telephone number & I will call them back, this is no problem.

Id be happy with an enquiry text so I could call the client back.

Im most likely being too over cautious. But it is what I am comfortable with.

Due to a busy day I cant offer to pick a friend or family member up to come with me. :(

Xx

Latest posts

Back