New client with alcohol dementia and slightly crepy skin alternative to waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Please help, I have a new client and her mum has alcohol dementia, her skin is described as moves around (crepy) and she's booked in for a leg wax.

Now I know with my training this could be a contra indication and I don't want to cause bruising or hurt her.

I've to go tomorrow and said I'd check this out with fellow colleagues (you :)) and also check if I can use sugaring as an alternative.

The problem I have is I have never even met this lady so I can't assess her skin til I get there, she has dementia and I don't want to offend her if I go and can't do the treatment. I'm doing her daughter's treatments an hour later.

Advise please?

I've never used the sugaring method but I would imagine its pretty much the same principle as waxing .. but that is a logical (in my mind) guess.

If her skin is crepey, so long as you did smallish sections and supported the skin completely you could probably wax it. If the skin is crepey and VERY THIN I would advise her to use a depilatory cream. If the skin is thin you could traumatise it too much.

But you cannot assess it until you have seen her and I don't think it would be offensive to say you can't do it and provide the reason why.

Jacqui xx

Latest posts

Back