New customer i have done rebalance on nails done on hols in America

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarita

Reaction score
She went to a salon and paid about $55.00 for them. She is a nail biter and they are tips because I showed her some forms and have never seen them in her life. She has never had nails done before in her life and so she said she did not have anything else to compare them to and did not know what "good nails" are like.

When she came I was shocked and didnt really know what to say, ive never seen nails so horrible, they were thick, too long and painted. She said she had been struggling and she is back from her hols and cant even type in work. The product is very hard and she told me it was a Thai lady who did them. I asked her if she sanitised her hands prior, she said no....

She has not been happy because it has been chipping and has bought sally hansen varnish ready to paint on the white as they are chipping but realised "how am i going to do my left hand?" I said "you have paid for extentions you shouldnt be worrying about having to paint white varnish on your nails!!!"

They have painted on White Nail varnish on her tips not even used acrylic. When i was sculpting on the white she said is this varnish? I said NO!! this is acrylic! this wlll not chip, this is why its called permanent french..

She was delighted with the rebalance and has booked in again.

before1.jpg before after.jpg After

when people have not had nails before, the don't know what to expect. they will just continue regardless of what the tech does generally. i have heard some awful things. would you sit in the dentist chair if he didn't put that plastic on the chair, wear a mask and apron etc? i think not. so why is unsanitzed things gotten away with in this industry?

I do think that we shouldn't critisize other peoples work due to the fact that the tech you are refering to is on this site, is a beginner and was so pleased with them etc. From what you are saying they do look like NSS nails and the chipping is not my favourite look. continue with your good work and lets educate everyone about what the nail industry should be like and not the cowboys who keep hijacking it!!x

well done hun, such an improvement xxxxxxx

kadie said:
I do think that we shouldn't critisize other peoples work due to the fact that the tech you are refering to is on this site, is a beginner and was so pleased with them etc. From what you are saying they do look like NSS nails and the chipping is not my favourite look. continue with your good work and lets educate everyone about what the nail industry should be like and not the cowboys who keep hijacking it!!x

i think i need to clarify. This lady above in picture number 1 (now my new customer who came to me the other day) went on her hols to america. Whilst there she walked into a salon in a shopping mall and had nails done for the first time in her life thats all, she is not a nail tech and the nail tech is not a member on this site.

these are just before and after pics, after i have rebalanced on someone else's :eek: work

You did beautiful work lady! :lol:

Believe it or not that is how MOST sets are done here in the States....mind you I did not say ALL!! Most likely because a tech (a reputable one, not a NSS one) can do a set of tips and overlay a whole lot quicker than a set of pink and white sculps...also, the majority of ladies (especially in my area) like a LOT of airbrushed nail art and don't even wear the french manicure look at all, some do like it, but I THINK that a lot of US techs don't know how or have decided that they don't have the time to sculpt. I myself want to learn how to be a proficient sculptor, because if you are doing a "french manicure" look, I believe you save more time sculpting.....For nail art and the like I think tip and overlay are best.

Gee whiz....I'm allllll the way of the subject aren't I??:rolleyes:

Ms.Matrix said:
You did beautiful work lady! :lol:

Believe it or not that is how MOST sets are done here in the States....mind you I did not say ALL!! Most likely because a tech (a reputable one, not a NSS one) can do a set of tips and overlay a whole lot quicker than a set of pink and white sculps...also, the majority of ladies (especially in my area) like a LOT of airbrushed nail art and don't even wear the french manicure look at all, some do like it, but I THINK that a lot of US techs don't know how or have decided that they don't have the time to sculpt. I myself want to learn how to be a proficient sculptor, because if you are doing a "french manicure" look, I believe you save more time sculpting.....For nail art and the like I think tip and overlay are best.

Gee whiz....I'm allllll the way of the subject aren't I??:rolleyes:

NO you aren't.......well maybe a little lol.

Oh and I thought you did a lovely transformation on those nails Sarita.....

$55 :eek:
that s a lot for a viet salon especially if the nails are "hard" sounds like MMA these people really got nerves sometimes
they took advantage of the fact that this lady didn t know anything about nails that really sux :rolleyes:
before i knew what good nails were
i went to get a refill in a flea market in miami it was 3 years ago
i paid $13 for that with airbrushing included i was so happy i gave 15
i didn t know what MMA was at that time :irked:

What a transformation Sarita, they look lovely.
No wonder she re-booked!!

sarita said:
i think i need to clarify. This lady above in picture number 1 (now my new customer who came to me the other day) went on her hols to america. Whilst there she walked into a salon in a shopping mall and had nails done for the first time in her life thats all, she is not a nail tech and the nail tech is not a member on this site.

these are just before and after pics, after i have rebalanced on someone else's :eek: work

no sorry that was my mistake. i meant that she might be on the site (not IS on the site) oops. i do think that you have done a lovely transformation though. x

River said:
I don't think this is a criticism but rather a very good example of the difference between good and bad nails.

I think she has done a wonderful job !

River

Yes I would agree here........We are only human and we will complain every so often...especially if we have to do the salvage job!!.... but this thread is at least trying to be constructive......IMHO.

But it is a fine line.....

izzidoll said:
Yes I would agree here........We are only human and we will complain every so often...especially if we have to do the salvage job!!.... but this thread is at least trying to be constructive......IMHO.

But it is a fine line.....

Hi Izzy,

I understand that we should be "careful" in what we post and how we post it and yes, morally we shouldn't slag off other peoples work.

But I honestly think that Sarita has done a wonderful job and she didn't come on here slating anybodys work, but rather gave us a brief history and some before and after pics.

I think photos like these are very valuable, not only to us technicians, but also to non-nail technicians who come on this site seeking information and advice.

I think things have become a bit OTT on this site when it comes to "Politcal Corectness". We are all here to learn so why not use examples ?

I'm not saying we should have a good old bashing whenever we feel like it, but I also believe that we as adults should be able to share information and views etc. as given by Sarita.

River

I too agree that there is a massive inprovement,well done chick x

River said:
Hi Izzy,

I understand that we should be "careful" in what we post and how we post it and yes, morally we shouldn't slag off other peoples work.

But I honestly think that Sarita has done a wonderful job and she didn't come on here slating anybodys work, but rather gave us a brief history and some before and after pics.

I think photos like these are very valuable, not only to us technicians, but also to non-nail technicians who come on this site seeking information and advice.

I think things have become a bit OTT on this site when it comes to "Politcal Corectness". We are all here to learn so why not use examples ?

I'm not saying we should have a good old bashing whenever we feel like it, but I also believe that we as adults should be able to share information and views etc. as given by Sarita.

River

River....Again..I totally agree with you!!........especially as highlighted.

I have been confused on many an occasion as to what is "tech bashing" and what is constructive....and sometimes peeps just jump on the bandwagon after someone else voices a strong opinion...:smack:

There have been many threads like this with
Before pictures of butchered NSS nails....and
After pics enhanced by a geek...
I find these threads VERY CONSTRUCTIVE and inspiring for all the other geeks who worry about how they would manage to do this....and it must help to see what can be done to make these nails look good again.

We just don't need to go overboard is all.:)

I have to comment .....although you did a wonderful job on fixing her nails ......I think it is quite unfair to list that they went to America and this is what they got......(I'm American) ...and I took offence to the title of the thread.... .....they look like NNS nails to me .....and yes they can be that expensive! your client never having nails before could have been a bit harsh with them ...thus causing some breakage.......and her white looks like it was airbrushed on ...or painted on ....thus not lasting.....not knowing about nails ( your client) maybe she did not know to ask for white powder.... I don't think it's just because of the location....there are people doing shoddy work everywhere......maybe not all the fault with the "before " look was the fault of the tech.....It could have been compounded by the client as well......I'm glad you were able to fix her and gained a new client as well......

Without trying to add fuel to the fire, which I don't normally do, I had a walk in client a couple of weeks ago, she was on holiday here and wanted her nails soaked off. I knew straight away that they were NSS and I don't normally soak these nails off, but she really wanted them off before she went home....she was from Seattle.

We talked about the type of salon that she had her nails done at (hell we had plenty of time during the soak off) and she told me that 90% of the nail salons where she lives were in that genre. She'd been having them done there since March.

Needless to say, following the very long soak of we had some problems to contend with....dealt with and done.

She was a fabulous lady....she did love her nails...but not the damage....I gave her the beautytech website in the hope that she can find a great tech when she got back home to do her nails....she won't be going back to her original salon.

Great Transformation!

Keep up the great work and you'll be able to double your rates in no time :wink2:

:hug:

Big improvement, well done!!!! :)

Just so you know I have deleted all the unnecessary posts in this thread and kept it back on topic. Please if you have a problem with a post then use the red button and let the moderators sort it rather than doing it in a thread.

Sarita keep posting your pics hun, as Izzi says it shows how you can improve where improvements are needed.

Sarita nice to see that when an error has been made that it can be put right, that in itself is an invaluable tool for nail techs all over.

we need to see pictures of substandard nails as well as good nails so we can see the differences and learn from them..

thanks yes, its great when bad nails can be transformed. My fave part of the nail geek is actually the before and after pics!

Latest posts

Back