New Jessica Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, Jessica is bringing out a uv cured product eh?
Well, let's hope that they make enough of the product for the demand, unlike CND with Shellac. I love Shellac, but I'm getting very hacked off with the lack of stock, outrageous! How one can promote a product with only half the product, is beyond me'.
I would also line to know what makes Jessica a product for the more mature client? What's that all about- colour is colour isn't it? I have used Jessica for a long time on teens to pensioners, the teens have never asked for a younger varnish, just happy to have been given a good manicure I think.

The Jessica one came out about the same time as Gellish & Shellac and there have been no supply problems to date, other than one of the 24 launch colours (Blush) was recalled, so they brought in another light pink in it's place as a stand-in.

I wouldn't class Jessica as a mature (in age at any rate) range. They've bought out hot pinks, dark blues, bright greens, neon colours as well as middle od the road colours & traditional classics. Anyone who saw this Summer's Electric range would never say Jessica was only for old ladies!!! My clients span young to old & they all find colours they live, even the 16 year olds!!

ooo i loved the electric colours this summer! they went down a storm with our clients, even the more mature lady's fancyed the teal and the purple colours on there nails!
Geleration has just been launched officially last week in our salon, and it has ben so so popular. i think we just need to invest in the LED lamp now as it just seems to be taking forever with the UV lamp. it will be ok for now, however i think that come winter when everybody wants there nails to last over the 2 week xmas and new year period, i think we will benefit from the LED one for definate.
We had a play around last week, trying to find the quickest way of removing the gel. we tryed soaking of in a bowl of acetone, foiling the tips and using heated mitts and the quickest by far was using the foils and having the hands in the mitts! xx

I likewise found the foil & mitt method the fastest! My clients & I also loved the summer collection, I also liked the pink explosion one in the Ignite collection, that was almost as shocking pink as Lava Lamp used to be! Have you seen the gorgeous simmery dark blue in the autumn Muse collection? It's to die for.

ooo i loved the electric colours this summer! they went down a storm with our clients, even the more mature lady's fancyed the teal and the purple colours on there nails!
Geleration has just been launched officially last week in our salon, and it has ben so so popular. i think we just need to invest in the LED lamp now as it just seems to be taking forever with the UV lamp. it will be ok for now, however i think that come winter when everybody wants there nails to last over the 2 week xmas and new year period, i think we will benefit from the LED one for definate.
We had a play around last week, trying to find the quickest way of removing the gel. we tryed soaking of in a bowl of acetone, foiling the tips and using heated mitts and the quickest by far was using the foils and having the hands in the mitts! xx

If you heat a bean bag & put that on top it's even quicker.

Someone, somewhere, mentioned putting cuticle oil if not having a new set, or hand cream at the same time they are in the mitts for a little extra pamper.
I thought that was a nice touch & no more time needed as they are sitting there for 10 mins anyway. HTH

Hi, interesting reading. I have been on the course and we are now using the system in the Salon. Some people's nail's are lasting 1 to 2 weeks and others lasting 3 weeks and more.

We too, are having big problems removing the geleration product, sometimes taking an hour! We soak a cotton pad in Erase, wrap it round the nail, wrap the end of the nail in foil, then use heated mitts, and it is taking forever on some people. However other people, it doesn't take long at all.

I wonder if it is the amount of natural oil on the client's nail? One client went on holiday, swam in a pool and in the sea, applied sun cream all the usual things, and hers looked fab after three weeks.

Another client had to come in after 9 days as her's were lifting. She swims quite a bit and thought it may be the chlorine lifting it. Very odd.

To soak off GELeration and Build product to do biosculpt with, file Finish off with a high grit nail file and soak cotton wool in Erase, wrap the fingers up in the cotton wool and tin foil and leave to soak in for about 5-10 mins.

This worked amazingly well when I soaked off both the Build and the GELeration after I finished my training, the Build just bubbled up and fell off with a bit of encouraging. GELeration was a bit harder to come off and a little messy, it just fell off in little bits.

You would need to put some Phenomen Oil on to the nails afterwards though because the nails become VERY dry.

Hope this helps

Hi, interesting reading. I have been on the course and we are now using the system in the Salon. Some people's nail's are lasting 1 to 2 weeks and others lasting 3 weeks and more.

We too, are having big problems removing the geleration product, sometimes taking an hour! We soak a cotton pad in Erase, wrap it round the nail, wrap the end of the nail in foil, then use heated mitts, and it is taking forever on some people. However other people, it doesn't take long at all.

I wonder if it is the amount of natural oil on the client's nail? One client went on holiday, swam in a pool and in the sea, applied sun cream all the usual things, and hers looked fab after three weeks.

Another client had to come in after 9 days as her's were lifting. She swims quite a bit and thought it may be the chlorine lifting it. Very odd.

It may not be lasting if the free edge isn't capped correctly(this includes the sides ,which sometimes get missed out)Most of my ladies are lasting 3 weeks,the only ones who haven't were the ones who either had caught the nail,filed their nails or when I started doing them some months ago,where I hadn't fully capped the edge.

In the early days it's a good idea to do 2 nails at a time to prevent shrinkage away from the free edge.This could lead to premature chipping because the free edge hasn't been capped.

As for taking an hour to carry out a removal:eek:.Firstly it's very important to file the finish coat off first plus a bit more.I then use the erase,soak in cotton wool,wrap round fingers, wrap in foil,then place towel and hot water bottle on top of hands to speed up removal process.Heated mitts will do the job just the same but I find the wheatgerm bag cools down too quick so prefer the hot water bottle.

I do find removal after doing a refresh can take more time but this is obviously down to thickness of product and a little more time spent on thinning the product down before wrapping fingers up works a treat.

If the product is lifting from the cuticle it would be because the product touched the cuticle or the oils weren't properly removed from the nail plate(really scrub the nail plate with 'Start' getting right into the corners.It copuld also be because the cuticle wasn't pushed back and any dead skin removed from the nail plate.I have never had any problems with lifting at the cuticle.HTH a little.

Latest posts

Back