New Jessica Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachirv

Reaction score
hi guys! hoping you can help me with this one! i have heard that jessica are bringing out there own version of shellac! something very similar anyways. ive tryed looking on there website but cannot find anything about it!
do any of you know any info on it, what its called etc, or where i can find info on it!
thanks guys xx

ooh intruiging. Hopefully a Jessica geek will be on soon who might know x x

hi guys! hoping you can help me with this one! i have heard that jessica are bringing out there own version of shellac! something very similar anyways. ive tryed looking on there website but cannot find anything about it!
do any of you know any info on it, what its called etc, or where i can find info on it!
thanks guys xx

Hi Rachirv - all I can say is - Shellac has been 5 years in the making and although Jessica caters to the more mature client - there hasn't been anything innovative from the line in years. How funny that after all this time of saying everything is 'natural' nails - to turn around and do something that could be termed a 'gel' like product!

Anyway - my point is - Shellac is in a league of its own!! But like you - I am interested to see it!

Surely they wouldn't be able to come out with a product to rival Shellac this quickly? Unless it has been in the pipeline already......

Surely they wouldn't be able to come out with a product to rival Shellac this quickly? Unless it has been in the pipeline already......

Exactly - you can't just conjure a formulation out of thin air, and there has been talk of this new product from them for a while, just it's under wraps until the launch, which I believe is somewhen end of May/beginning of June. This would have had to have been in the pipeline for some time.

I don't see that what they are going to offer goes against a natural nail policy as it's no different to applying a varnish as there is no nail prep involved. It's simply a longer lasting more enduring varnish, and I believe mainly being promoted for those using Jessica who have clients needing something more enduring than a polish.

As to it being a "gel-like" product, I was under the impression from all the CND geek posts that Shellac was nothing like a gel anyway?

It is probably another soft gel like so many others coming onto the market. It will be interesting to find out more about it.

I think we are going to be spoiled for choice! :D

As to it being a "gel-like" product, I was under the impression from all the CND geek posts that Shellac was nothing like a gel anyway?

Actually, neither CND or SS have said 'Shellac is NOTHING like a gel'......

What they have said is, Shellac is not a gel but a hybrid of gel and polish.

Even the promotion statement says 'Goes on like polish, wear like GEL, off in minutes.'

So, the gel does come into it, but then so does the word polish. the reason why there is such confusion in exactly what it is, is because there is not a word in between gel and polish. We have up until now only come in contact with either gel OR polish.

Having said that though, Shellac seems to have now successfully turned the word 'shellac' into a noun, so maybe now we DO have a word for something in between gel and polish.

Maybe Jessica is bringing out a shellac. ;)

It's a hybrid that's been nearly 5 years in the making and there's nothing else like it on the market. It applies (and is thin) like a polish with the shine and longevity of a gel and no need to buff the natural nail either before application or after removal :green:

Shellac is a Trade Marked name belonging to CND so please don't place it near any other brand.

Of course people will try to copy and it takes time to private label a product (if that's what you mean by 'in the pipeline' because for sure Jessica has not innovated or manufactured whatever it is). But the followers never do copy ... they try to get as close as patents will allow but they never get it exactly which is why the first is usually always the best.

Shellac has been Innovated with passion and manufactured by CND and I wish all the very best of business to those getting ahead with it now because Shellac has also become a VERB and people are asking specifically for it.

Shellac is a Trade Marked name belonging to CND so please don't place it near any other brand.

Of course people will try to copy and it takes time to private label a product (if that's what you mean by 'in the pipeline' because for sure Jessica has not innovated or manufactured whatever it is). But the followers never do copy ... they try to get as close as patents will allow but they never get it exactly which is why the first is usually always the best.

Shellac has been Innovated with passion and manufactured by CND and I wish all the very best of business to those getting ahead with it now because Shellac has also become a VERB and people are asking specifically for it.

With all due respect as you don't work for the company & neither have you seen/used the product you can't possibly know what it is that Jessica is releasing, what it will be like or who it has been manufactured by. I also think it's perhaps best from a legal, if not moral, point of view not to imply a company is "copying" another product without having the faintest idea as to the truth of the matter.

Jessica themselves have at no point spoken of a "shellac-like" product, that's only been by those trying to second-guess exactly what's being released. All that's known until it's unveiled is that it's cured under UV, is self-levelling & requires no "nail prep" other than that required for application of varnish. Perhaps it's best to at least wait until the product has come out before slating it?

With all due respect as you don't work for the company & neither have you seen/used the product you can't possibly know what it is that Jessica is releasing, what it will be like or who it has been manufactured by. I also think it's perhaps best from a legal, if not moral, point of view not to imply a company is "copying" another product without having the faintest idea as to the truth of the matter.

Jessica themselves have at no point spoken of a "shellac-like" product, that's only been by those trying to second-guess exactly what's being released. All that's known until it's unveiled is that it's cured under UV, is self-levelling & requires no "nail prep" other than that required for application of varnish. Perhaps it's best to at least wait until the product has come out before slating it?

First of all I have not slated anything so don't be so silly talking to me that way.

secondly Neither did I say that Jessica was copying anything .. a patented product cannot be copied now can it.

Thirdly we all know that Jessica does not manufacture so someone is going to make it and I don't have to see it to know that, especially when a whole bunch of stuff that makes the same claims comes out in the market all at once. Kind of gives it away.

So please do not put words in my mouth nor miss quote what is quite plain to see in writing.

I wish you and all who use it great joy with the 'new' product when it comes out.

Last edited:
Jessica are bringing out something similar to the shellac, my rep told me this last time I saw her. She was being trained in it the following week. I am seeing her next week, so hope to know more then.

Hi

Have bee reading though past threads and was wondering if ayone had see the new products for the longer lasting maicures (like shellac). I am seeing the rep next week and was hopeing that she would have them then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our rep told us a few weeks ago that it was a gel product. We dont offer gel though so I didn't bother asking any questions. Sorry can't help more!

x

I have my rep coming tomorrow to demo the product for me, all I know is that it needs no nail prep, does not extend the natural nail, is painted on the natural nail like a varnish, is self-levelling & is set under UV.

I have my rep coming tomorrow to demo the product for me, all I know is that it needs no nail prep, does not extend the natural nail, is painted on the natural nail like a varnish, is self-levelling & is set under UV.

Let us know what you think and how many colours etc.My daughter is in a spa that uses Jessica so might be interested in what you have to say as they may well get it there.

Let us know what you think and how many colours etc.My daughter is in a spa that uses Jessica so might be interested in what you have to say as they may well get it there.

Just a quick reply as I'm just about to leave for work...stuck in a salon on a sunny day - cruellty!

I shall let you know how I find the product, but as regards the number of colours, I think my rep said they were launching with 24 colours, which include the most popular Jessica colours.

Shellac,Gelish,Jessica and all the other gel polishes popping up.Im sure they are all very similar with slight variations, many as good as eachother but not everyones going to like or want to use the same one in exactly the same way as any other range.Its strange they have almost all emerged on the market together which is often the case with these new concepts nothing is kept a secret and exclusive for long.

Shellac,Gelish,Jessica and all the other gel polishes popping up.Im sure they are all very similar with slight variations, many as good as eachother but not everyones going to like or want to use the same one in exactly the same way as any other range.Its strange they have almost all emerged on the market together which is often the case with these new concepts nothing is kept a secret and exclusive for long.
Except that Shellac isn't a gel polish, it's a hybrid with a patent pending not only on the product but also on the UV3 technology :D

I'm a tad confused by the Jessica one being described as self-levelling, that would apply to a 'gel' as opposed to a polish. I'm also confused as to it not needing any prep before application. Surely if there's cuticle stuck to the nail plate the product won't adhere as it's supposed to?! It'll be interesting to hear the feedback from those who are having it demo'd.

I'm a tad confused by the Jessica one being described as self-levelling, that would apply to a 'gel' as opposed to a polish.[/QUOTE]

Jessica polishes are also meant to be self levelling

Latest posts

Back