New Jessica Product

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I don't work with soak off gels currently I couldn't tell you if it's like others or not, and to be quite honest I personally couldn't care less if it is - if it performs as promised that's good enough for me!

To answer your questions...The removal takes 10 minutes unless you use the heated mittens, which speeds up the removal (apparently due to accelerating properties of the heat). It is as thin as a polish. No you don't have to buff the natural nail to ensure proper adhesion (the product is an improved product based on their now discontinued Coat of Armour & set with UV, which didn't need buffing to adhere either). The only layer that goes on prior to the colour is a base gel. As to the sculpting part, as I don't sculpt I can't answer your question in that respect, can only report what I was told!

I have done the Jessica training and was taught to buff the nail with the buffer that comes with the kit.It is only a very light buff and takes seconds really.You then use the prep which is applied thinly(like all the products)and dries in seconds.

It's really fantastic,a joy to use.It has a texture just like polish,glides on beautifully and the end result is fab.

We have the LED lamp which is seriously quick at curing.

I totally love it but I love Shellac too.There's definately room for all on the market.

Last edited:
Glad you're enjoying the system; it really is a pleasure to use & I'm getting excellent feedback from my clients!

RE the prep - I know they're training to 'buff the shine away' but I've found that it doesn't make any difference if you don't. A couple of others who I've spoken to who use GELeration & Gelish have found the same thing, and I believe Biosculpture no longer regard the "removal of the shine" as essential. Personally I don't like doing it, and as the product is lasting on the nail for 2 to 3 weeks easily without doing so I'm going to omit this step!

This is quite interesting and I would love to know the removal process involving the heated mitts.

I tried this with my Shellac to combine part of my heated mitt manicure with the removal process and instead of helping, the heat seemed to make the solvent evaporate and it took longer for the Shellac to soak off.

When you see the demo of the soak off, I would love more details.

Please keep us posted.

Update as promised!! The GELeration removal process is basically to break the seal of the top coat & soak off with the fingers in foil wraps as per normal gel-polish removal. I have been placing the hands in the mittens & have pretty much got removal down to 5 to 7 minutes; I don't even have to use the orange stick as it seems to peel off in one whole piece on the cotton wool! Maybe it's due to the different formulas?

Hi, we are loving Gelleration (and Shellac!) but we are finding the times for rwemoving gelleration can be quite long and vary from one colour to the next. Particularly 'Beautiful', used as a french base. Have tried wrapping and also traditional soaking, but always seem to need orange stick and there is still residue on the nail which needs gentle buffing to remove. Is it just us?

I've only just ordered & received Beautiful as I prefer Blush, so can't comment on that. I've found with wrapping in foil & using heated mitts on maximum setting it's taking me about 5 to 7 minutes to remove them, and I'm not needing to do any buffing. The colours I've removed so far are Dynamic, Raspberry, Kensington Rose, Passionate Kisses & the purple from last spring's collection whose name currently escapes me(!).

Only just seen this thread about Jessica- Geleration.
My delivery of 12x Gelish colours has arrived & only had a chance to paint the colour sticks so far, but the product covers really well.
Has anyone that has used Geleration also used Gelish & if so how do you think they compare.
Good to get more info before my next buying spree at Olympia (assuming Jessica will be there)

I initially went for the 12 colour start-up pack rather than the 24 one to see how it went, but I seem already to have acrued another 7 colours!

@gleneskgirl We are also finding Beautiful more difficult to remove, we are using it for French whilst we wait for the reformulated Blush to arrive and it definitely takes longer than the colours. We are finding the likes of Raspberry, Windsor Castle even Cherrywood come off fairly quickly in one piece but Beautiful needs the orange stick.

I had a question re French polish - how is everyone doing it and are you having any problems? We are finding that sometimes the french isn't lasting as well as the colours seem to. Would love to hear your views/experiences.

@gleneskgirl We are also finding Beautiful more difficult to remove, we are using it for French whilst we wait for the reformulated Blush to arrive and it definitely takes longer than the colours.

Interesting! I've only just received Beautiful, which I ordered to tide me over until Blush comes arrives, so I'll have to remember to leave that one for longer!

The LED light is like the UV lamp but sets the gel-polish in half the time, although I'm not sure I could paint the other hand twice as quick whilst it was drying! Apparantly it will also last an awful lot longer than a UV lamp (bulbs won't need replacing like the UV lamp). The downside is that it's quite expensive in comparison to a UV lamp (although on par with the cost of other LED lamps), but that's to be expected as LED anything is more expensive!

There are two launch sets, one with 12 colours & one with 24, and you can obviously buy bits seperately. The rep said the interest had been phenomenal, which is understandable really!
Launch of what please? I thought you were talking about the LED lamp. tks

The launch of Jessica's GELeration system; they do two sets, one has everything you need (minus lamp) with 12 colours & the other with 24 colours. It will cure with their UV or their LED lamp, which are purchased seperately.

Just bumping this one as said to my boss I'd ask about removal as can't get booked on training until late October.

Just wondered how your removal process is going for the GELeration. I know it was mentioned previously that there are a few colours that took a bit longer to remove and just wondered which ones they are?

Thanks

Just bumping this one as said to my boss I'd ask about removal as can't get booked on training until late October.

Just wondered how your removal process is going for the GELeration. I know it was mentioned previously that there are a few colours that took a bit longer to remove and just wondered which ones they are?

Thanks

I was speaking to the local Jessica Geleration tek and she said it was at least 15 sometimes, 20 minutes depending on colours for removal. I don't know which colours she meant though... she said she really enjoyed using the system but the etching of the nail and soak off time was the downfall... her words not mine so dont all go insane :) Also, I didn't try to persuade her otherwise:)... we just got talking about all sorts and that was what transpired! I love to talking to teks about their likes and dislikes.

As I said recently in an interview... I LOVE that Jessica has joined the world of enhancements... for years they have said the opposite so I find it insightful and exciting that the Queen of Natural Nails has created a Gel - about time!!

Not sure what she's doing, but mine are coming off in 7 to 10 minutes max! Is she using the heated mitts to speed up the removal time? The only time I found it takes longer is if I'm using the builder gel & not just removing a gel-polish overlay, in which case it takes me 10 to 12 mins.

Also, I've not etched any nails, although they suggest you do, and have had no adhesion problems. I believe the same is true of Gellish from those I've spoken to. I'd probably only 'remove the shine' if the nails was oily.

I think she did try the mitts with the removal of beautiful and took a long long time. Think she is concerned that she has convinced certain clients who are anti gels such as bio to try this and when they return we are going to have a nightmare removal! Also think she is wondering about costs for sitting their removing the product as they seem to be as Samantha's nail tech Jessica user has suggested.

I've just started using Shellac myself and only removed it from my mum's nails so far and had absolutely no problems at all.

Must say have had the builder geleration product on my nails as part of the french and that didn't seem to want to shift when I tried removing it!

Thanks

Well I don't really know what to say as I'm not having this problem at all!! Are they removing the top coat shine thoroughly before soaking & wrapping in foil?

I have to say I have been using Geleration since its launch and I guess its like any new product it takes time to work with. As said earlier, Jessica are new to the world of enhancements and I think it is like another soak off gel system I have used before (Bio), it will take time to fully master its true potential and its place in the market. I have never etched the nail with Jessica at all as it is just not necessary. As just an overlay I find it comes off very easily and it compares in that respect equally as easy as removing Shellac, which I also use and absolutly love too.

The builder gel I have only used for enhancements so far and I honestly have to say it is great and I love it. Now please don't eat me as I would be the first to admit that I am in way a knowledgable nail tech, but I am trying very hard to learn and pass on any unbiased, helpful info I can.

I do find builder gel more difficult to remove but I think it would also depend on how thick you applied it and for what purpose you wanted to use it i.e as a thin layer of builder gel to correct or mend a nail, or to make an enhancement. I have to be honest I am loving it for extensions and I am using it more as a buff off gel in terms of infills and rebalance rather than soaking off, allowing the natural nail to grow.

I will soon be booking in for a Brisa buff of gel course as well as I feel it will give me a better education and understanding of enhancements and also more tools to provide a more professional and comprehensive service to my clients; also so I can hold my head up high knowing I am providing the best service that "I can personally" and with the best training and support in the industry that I can find to suit me.

I really like the point that Mrs Geek made about Jessica embracing enhancement products as part of natural nail care - thank you. In my humble opinion only, feel it can only serve to endorse the enhancement industry along with other amazing companies and their products. There is not a week that goes by when I don't see evidence or hear of some horror story about enhancements as I am sure we all do and that is not a catagory any of us are striving to be associated with.

I am really pleased this thread is constructive and everyone can add their help and opinion. Thank you xxx

** If I have made any grammer or spelling errors I apologies and please correct them for me, although I admit spelling is not my best subject, but I am in the process of having my daily medication altered for a nurolgical condition that I suffer from and I am finding it very difficult to be able to proof read/read clearly at the moment. Thanks for understanding x

Last edited:
Hi all im also loving the gelerations, but can't get on the course untill oct. I'm just wondering if anyone is doing infills and if so how?? my rep has told me to just soak off and do a new set!! but surley you should be able to do an infill. cheers guys
shell x

So, Jessica is bringing out a uv cured product eh?
Well, let's hope that they make enough of the product for the demand, unlike CND with Shellac. I love Shellac, but I'm getting very hacked off with the lack of stock, outrageous! How one can promote a product with only half the product, is beyond me'.
I would also line to know what makes Jessica a product for the more mature client? What's that all about- colour is colour isn't it? I have used Jessica for a long time on teens to pensioners, the teens have never asked for a younger varnish, just happy to have been given a good manicure I think.

this thread does seem to be more positive towards this gel, another one I commented on mentioning this seemed to be met with a rather negative effect. I'm having this done tomorrow and I'm against having artificial nails done on myself but think it's wonderful for other people.

I have a problem with my big toe nails in the fact that there is a continual split in the nail which has been there since I had a c-section in 2003. As this split grows up to half way you can literally peel the top half of the nail off.

Latest posts

Back