New pregnancy thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Danielle I'll pm you x

Hello Ladies,

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.........I'm nearly 37 weeks and yesterday after a positioning scan at the request of midwife our baby is frank breech, and I also have high fluid levels, anyway we have been offered an EVC to try and turn him or a C-sec in two weeks.

My husband wants us to try an EVC as he's terrified of me having a c-sec however there's something that just doesn't sit right with me about turning our baby and potentially causing him distress, I am also scared of having a c-sec due to it being major surgery.

My question is have any ladies had an EVC and what were you experiences? Also would anyone like to share their experience of a c-sec?

As you can tell this is our first and we have to make a decision by tomorrow as the consultant/midwife said things need to get booked..................please help!! Thank you

I had a c-section and it wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. I was very nervous when I was told I'd need one but you don't feel anything but pressure, no pain. It's the recovery afterwards that can be difficult. I recovered quite well, I was very uncomfortable for the first week. I felt like I couldn't stand up straight and sitting on the toilet was a struggle! But after a week or so I felt almost normal. Some woman have a bad time after a c-section though, it helps to keep moving as soon as possible afterwards. I think you should try the evc so you have the chance of a normal delivery. The recovery is a lot easier x

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not worried about having a c-sec its the recovery that concerns me. It sounds like you did recovery fairly quick after however like you say it's different for everyone........
Did you find the pain relief effective?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not worried about having a c-sec its the recovery that concerns me. It sounds like you did recovery fairly quick after however like you say it's different for everyone........
Did you find the pain relief effective?

They gave me 3 different kinds of painkillers, as long as you keep on top of it then it works really well. I took them every 4 hours. If I forgot to take the next dose then I would start to feel sore but they work fairly quickly x

How's everyone feeling?? Xx
I'm shattered all the time but just found out I'm anaemic so that explains it! Hopefully will feel better once it gets sorted out.

Hi all x x congratulations to all of you that are preggers & good luck to those trying! My husband and I welcomed our perfect lil munchkin, Henry 21/12/15 and I'm more in love with my little angel than I ever thought possible - he he xx
So here he is :) xx

Hopefully I've uploaded the pics correctly x

Attachments

• 1453482040460.jpg
    1453482040460.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 1453482056860.jpg
    1453482056860.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 62
Awww wot a little cutie! Did everything go ok? Xxx

Awww wot a little cutie! Did everything go ok? Xxx

Ahhhh thank u x x long and painful labour but without a doubt all worth it! Xx

Here's my little happy girl Ella. 12 weeks today (sat) x

Attachments

• 1453515005412.jpg
    1453515005412.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 1453515084155.jpg
    1453515084155.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
Looks as if she's always in car seat lol I just tend to take pics while she is in it and looks all cute lol

Gosh 12 weeks. They soon lose the newborn look don't they xx

I'm still waiting for my little one to arrive, 39 weeks today and hoping for a natural birth, but I am seeing the consultant on thursday and they will be booking me in for a c section if she hasn't come by then. Any tips on getting things moving would be appreciated :)

I'm still waiting for my little one to arrive, 39 weeks today and hoping for a natural birth, but I am seeing the consultant on thursday and they will be booking me in for a c section if she hasn't come by then. Any tips on getting things moving would be appreciated :)

Why are they going to book you in for a c-section? X

I had a c section with my last pregnancy and they said they dont want to induce me if i go ovet due because it makes the contractions stronger so there is a higher risk of my scar rupturing, if that happened then i would need an emergency c section. It can be quite dangerous for mum and baby i think. X

Acupuncture & moxibustion can help move the baby!

I had a c section with my last pregnancy and they said they dont want to induce me if i go ovet due because it makes the contractions stronger so there is a higher risk of my scar rupturing, if that happened then i would need an emergency c section. It can be quite dangerous for mum and baby i think. X

O right I didn't know that, so if I went overdue I would likely need another c-section then x

What is moxibustion??

Yea possibly baby chops, will know more when i see the consultant next week. Im planning on this being my last baby so i really wanted to experience a natural labour. My previous pregnancy i had a planned c section at 32 weeks so i didnt experience labour at all x

Latest posts

Back