New Salon....ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leece

Reaction score
HI
I'M NOT SURE WHAT FORUM TO PUT THIS IN SO SORRY IF I PUT IT IN THE WRONG ONE..

I AM OPENING A SALON...I HAVE GOT THE PROPERTY.

IT IS IN NORTH WALES AND IT HAS 6 BIG ROOMS(KITCHEN AND BATHROOM) SO I HAVE 4 LEFT.

ROOM 1- MAIN ROOM- reception and nail stations
ROOM 2- RENT OUT TO BEAUTICIAN(pm if anyone know anyone)
ROOM 3- SUNBEDS
ROOM 4- ANY IDEAS?????

I'M REALLY EXCITED .
WHEN I FIRST SEEN THE PLACE TO RENT I ONLY LOOKED THROUGH THE WINDOW AND I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS ONE ROOM BUT HOWEVER WHEN I WENT TO VIEW IT IT WAS MASSIVE-6 ROOMS IN ALL.
SO NOW I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT ALL THE OTHER SPACE. LIKE I SAID IN THE FRONT ROOM I'M GOING TO HAVE MY RECEPTION AND NAIL DESKS, I THINK THAT I CAN GET ABOUT 3 NAIL DESKS IN THERE SO I WILL BE RENTING 2 TABLES OUT.

CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED. I'VE ALREADY GOT THE KEYS SO NOW I GOT TO DECIDE WHAT COLOUR I'M GOING TO DO IT?
WHAT COLOUR SCHEME DOES EVERY1 HAVE?

RIGHT OFF NOW TO LOOK FOR SOME IDEAS.

CAN ANYONE THINK OF WHAT I CAN USE THE 4TH ROOM FOR???
RENT IT OUT FOR WHAT????

PLEASE HELP

Leece said:
HI
I'M NOT SURE WHAT FORUM TO PUT THIS IN SO SORRY IF I PUT IT IN THE WRONG ONE..

I AM OPENING A SALON...I HAVE GOT THE PROPERTY.

IT IS IN NORTH WALES AND IT HAS 6 BIG ROOMS(KITCHEN AND BATHROOM) SO I HAVE 4 LEFT.

ROOM 1- MAIN ROOM- reception and nail stations
ROOM 2- RENT OUT TO BEAUTICIAN(pm if anyone know anyone)
ROOM 3- SUNBEDS
ROOM 4- ANY IDEAS?????

I'M REALLY EXCITED .
WHEN I FIRST SEEN THE PLACE TO RENT I ONLY LOOKED THROUGH THE WINDOW AND I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS ONE ROOM BUT HOWEVER WHEN I WENT TO VIEW IT IT WAS MASSIVE-6 ROOMS IN ALL.
SO NOW I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT ALL THE OTHER SPACE. LIKE I SAID IN THE FRONT ROOM I'M GOING TO HAVE MY RECEPTION AND NAIL DESKS, I THINK THAT I CAN GET ABOUT 3 NAIL DESKS IN THERE SO I WILL BE RENTING 2 TABLES OUT.

CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED. I'VE ALREADY GOT THE KEYS SO NOW I GOT TO DECIDE WHAT COLOUR I'M GOING TO DO IT?
WHAT COLOUR SCHEME DOES EVERY1 HAVE?

RIGHT OFF NOW TO LOOK FOR SOME IDEAS.

CAN ANYONE THINK OF WHAT I CAN USE THE 4TH ROOM FOR???
RENT IT OUT FOR WHAT????

PLEASE HELP

colonic irrigation... dental whitening/laser... people will come on certain days a week and pay u a percentage... i know the laser teeth whitening is popular and the bloke comes out to you...

things like that!

thoughts for room 4..
  • reflexologist (if beautician doesnt cover it)
  • reiki
  • retail shop (all oils,beauty stuff, nail stuff...even other things like special cards & accessories, costume jewellery, candles, along with ur products)
  • a hairdresser

reflexology? Aromatherapy? Indian Head Massage? Reiki? The list is endless. It might be an idea to advertise for an holistic therapist or something along those lines maybe?

Good luck, it sounds really exciting!

Sorry michelle, you must type faster than me! Wasn't trying to repeat your thread!

Im just taking the very very scary step of opening my own salon also....its a mine field!:eek: lol
Its just a small place but doesnt need much done to it. Im jsut hoping to get by and pay the bills...are there any success stories out there to inspire me!? :hug:
What made you take this step and have you done your sums? I have and it looks good but Ive still to see it in practice....aggghhh help lol
Anyways, as far as furnishing goes, Ive had a trip to ikea and they have some fab stuff...nice colours too.
Cheers and good luck!

ps.....have you thought about airbrush tanning? x

constance said:
ps.....have you thought about airbrush tanning? x

That's what I was going to suggest!

Yes - I think spray tanning room is a good way to go. Alternatives are renting out to a holistic therapist or perhaps a hairdresser for hair extensions. Good luck!

Spa Pedicures? (some people are shy about their feet)
Waxing? (unless you leave it to the beautician..)
Spraytanning?
Relaxation massage?

I know intially it may seem like a waste of space,but have you thought of having this as an overspill room for beauty ad nails,the last thing you want is to relocate when the buisness takes off ! Hth

colour theme..hhmm well im opening my own salon in jan next year, and this is my theme...
chocolate,sage green and crisp white, choc furniture with can baskets, etc nice white candles....:)

Oops :o re colour scheme,that depends on wether you are going for a contemporary look or not. If you are going contemporary ,white with silver and beech and a hint of duck egg blue looks fab,if you were thinkinh more of a theme,french mod looks great in ivory and black,hth.

brill ideas every1

Please let us know what you decide,i for one would love to see some pics !

Good luck with it x

You will probably need a store room so make sure you have some space left for all the "stuff".

Also, hows about a Clairvoyant or Tarot Reader or similar for the spare room? Just for something different?

Or even a coffee room for clients and staff etc, a good way to become a little home away from home for clients needing some pampering or time off from the kids?

becki x said:
Please let us know what you decide,i for one would love to see some pics !

Good luck with it x

when i work out how to take and up load pictures i will take some.

i'm no good at things like that.

how about a pedicure room?
staff break room?
storage room 1/2 break room

It would be good as a relaxation room so clients can chill out before and after treatments meaning you can get on and if they are late/early they have somewhere to sit. :) That way if you change your mind about the room you can change it easily. :)

Latest posts

Back