New salon owner & honouring vouchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellcake

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'd like opinions from everyone on this and i'm sorry but it is very long winded so bare with me!

My hubby bought me a a gift voucher from the salon I go to back in March - (it was for mothers day) he bought my favourite treatments that I normally have - a back massage and a 1 hr facial. I booked it in for end of march but it was cancelled by the salon as the owner/therapist that I have had hurt her back. No problem there I just waited and booked it again for today.

As you can imagine i was really looking forward to it. When i got there a therapist i hadn't seen before announced that 2 weeks ago she had bought the salon from the previous owner, assured that she was still going to be around on Saturdays and gave me a new treatment menu. I noticed that the back massage was £3 more and the facial i normally have was now £2 more and 15 min less!

The ex owner was running late - which I didn't mind - and when i went into the treatment room we chatted about the take over etc and i did mention that i had the voucher and the differences and she said that it was all fine. Anyway i did notice that i only got the 45 min facial rather than the hour - i felt a little cheated seeing as that wasn't what my husband thought he was buying back in march. when she came back in at the end with my water - she told me that the salon owner had said to charge the extra £5 too!!

Now i think that this is wrong that they should have honoured the treatment as it was when it was bought back in march and the price difference too after all isn't that why we have an expiry date on vouchers? So i wondered what thoughts you geeks had on this? Would you have done the same or would you have let the extra £5 go?

Thanks - any comments greatly appreciated.
xXx

I think your voucher should have been honoured too, surely when you buy a business the previous owner should have explained how many vouchers where outstanding and what for. So sorry you didn't get what your husband paid for and no I wouldn't have paid the extra.

Annie

I wouldn't lose a client for a fiver

That is disgusting!
The voucher should have been honoured.
Your husband book & payed for the voucher at the price & time of treatment stated when booked, they cant charge you anymore!
I take it you payed the extra?

I have a few clients that have pedicure gift vouchers to use, when these were bought my pedicures were £18, I now charge £20, I wont ask them to pay the extra.

I don't think they should have charged you like you said thats what the expiration dates are for. Where I work it is 6 months then it covers you incase the rices go up a little. I'd never dare to ask for the extra fiver! Sorry you had to go through it I think I would have felt quite awkward and rather annoyed if I was you!
x

Actually now I think of it we had someone come in once saying she didn't want the voucher she had been bought by someone else as a present and could she have her money back!!! :eek:

thanks for the replies- yes it was awkward and yes I was annoyed. I tried arguing the point with the ex-owner - she looked so apologetic and embarrassed - i think it was out of her hands really. i think i might email the new owner and let her know how i feel.

Thanks guys x

thanks for the replies- yes it was awkward and yes I was annoyed. I tried arguing the point with the ex-owner - she looked so apologetic and embarrassed - i think it was out of her hands really. i think i might email the new owner and let her know how i feel.

Thanks guys x

I think that the salon owner treated you disgracefully.In your email I would ask the owner to refund you the money immediately or you will be telling all of your friends and family plus anyone else willing to listen.

She isn't doing herself any favours at all.Dearie me.I hate money grabbers.

i'd already sent the email before i read your reply BABSann and wish i'd added that in about refunding me the money - but i have told her exactly how i felt and asked her for her views. Wonder if she will reply?

I would have refused to pay. You made it clear that you had a voucher and it should have been honoured. If prices increased in the meantime and within the expiry date on the voucher, if there was one, then the salon takes the hit.

You could contact the owner but I doubt you will get anywhere if she was petty enough to make you pay the difference on the day!

I certainly wouldn't return there and would make sure everyone and their Auntie knows just what a tight and untrustworthy cow the new owner is! :D

i'd already sent the email before i read your reply BABSann and wish i'd added that in about refunding me the money - but i have told her exactly how i felt and asked her for her views. Wonder if she will reply?

If she does email back, let us know what she says.
Stupid woman really, its never good to upset a client, she should know bad news spreads quicker than good, she has done herself no favours in being so petty in the first place.
So much for "the customer is always right!"
Wouldnt it be funny if she was on here too!

If she does email back, let us know what she says.
Stupid woman really, its never good to upset a client, she should know bad news spreads quicker than good, she has done herself no favours in being so petty in the first place.
So much for "the customer is always right!"
Wouldnt it be funny if she was on here too!

You know what Emma,I bought an electric couch from Ebay yesterday and we were chatting on Ebay and I asked her if she was on Salon Geek,and she is lol.Its a small world..so lets hope she is and that she feels thoroughly ashamed of herself because she should do.

Latest posts

Back