New Shellac Colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinkyPinky

Reaction score
Has anyone heard any news on the new range of shellac colours due to be launched in Autumn?? I read on another post that this might not be until the New Year now!!!!!! :cry:

Last I read it would be March 2011

I'm dead excited about the new colors hope there's a black shellac ....

But I think right now they need to consontrate on getting through the demand and building the stock levels up before they increase the demand with the next 12 ,

:)

There was a statement by CND stating that they had been delayed until the end of March 2011 as they wanted to get the base coat supply problems under control first. :green:

Oh no, my clients will be so disappointed! They were all looking forward to new colours as many have had all of the colours now and the layering doesn't give much variation really. Hmmmmmmm might have to look at gelish, don't think clients will be too impressed with waiting 7 months for more colours :sad:

Are you sure your clients are getting Bord of the colors?
see I thought about this myself with my clients, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't them getting Bord ... it was me lol ,
you see there wearing one color for 2 weeks , then changing it , while us (the techs ) are looking at wearing and doing treatments day in day out with all the colors , get my drift?

another thing I realized is that for 1 , these are 12 of the most used nail colors ever really aren't they?
bearing that in mind before I was a nail tech I had a huge collection of nail polish and you know what? out of all of them there was probably only 5 or 6 colors that I wore regally , so I believe the same with shellac,

another thing to consider would be the way you approach the treatment with the client, if your positive, confident and bigging it up they will be happy to go with it ,
if your down and negative or apologetic they will feed off that to ,

also once they have seen for them self's the effects and freedom of wearing shellac for several weeks on there natural nails I don't think the fact that there are only 12 colors will up set them to much :)

if all this fails then why not bling it a bit? add some stripes , a gem stone, a sprinkle of glitter, try alternative colored french ect.

So right!

Try layering, too! I bought all 12 colors, but by layering them, I actually have around 50 that I actually like! And if you bling them up.... Even more choices!

Yes, CND are focusing on producing more base and top coats right now, as well as some of the existing colors. Therefore, the launch of the new colors has been delayed until March 2011.

You can find out all about SHellac Layering on the CND website here.

And you can keep track on the manufacturing status of Shellac here. Of course there will be a short delay in CND getting it and S2 getting it, but I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get it as soon as possible once its ready.

Mat

I will definitely be trying out alternative french manicures but some of my clients really want black for the winter, I know Fedora is really dark but it's not black, the closest I can get is 2 coats of Fedora and 1 coat of Negligee which gives a kind of navy blue. I think if they hadn't been told there would be more colours then they would have accepted just the 12. The problem is they see all the nail polish colours in my rack and say 'I want that colour in shellac'. I already have a nail disk to show examples of the layering but I haven't had many takers yet. I will have to improve my sales techniques :lol:

So right!

Try layering, too! I bought all 12 colors, but by layering them, I actually have around 50 that I actually like! And if you bling them up.... Even more choices!

Yes, CND are focusing on producing more base and top coats right now, as well as some of the existing colors. Therefore, the launch of the new colors has been delayed until March 2011.

Hi i am new to the indusrty & shellac, I have ordered 6 rack,Cream Puff, Negligee, Rose Bud, Tropix, Wildfire and Red Baroness. what other colours would you recommend, just to add, do you think I should wait before I purchase anymore to see if I get customers in first?

pauline

Latest posts

Back