New staff + their existing mobile clientele?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey! Being on the cusp of taking on staff myself, this thread has scared me to death! I have worked in salons, (albeit beauty, not hair) and was always aware that I was not allowed to work mobile. I knew this when I took the jobs. If I didnt agree with those terms, I wouldnt accept the job! Im not sure I understand why people take the employed jobs, presumably knowing the salon owners feelings, then moan about "being owned" My life before the beauty industry was corporate banking, so trust me, THAT is ownership lol:)
In any job I have done, even down to my Saturday job in a market, I was not allowed to moonlight. If you look at even the simplest detail of hours worked, the salon owners are within their rights to feel peeved if staff members turn up to work late/tired because they have been out working until late mobile. Thats fair enough isnt it?
I think for most people that are working both ways, there would be a conflict of interest, (hats off to anyone that dosent have that, but Im sure your in the minority). Its human nature. Im assuming that employed people would be working mobile to bump up their income? Well Im sorry but it must be tempting to try to take a new client as a mobile client rather than salon as your cut is bigger? (this is a genuine question, not meant to antagonise, and people need to be honest here)
After agonising over staff, (and I regard all salon owners that juggle staff in high regard) I will be having a no mobile work policy in my contracts. If they dont like those terms, dont take the job:lol::hug:

Last edited:
Oh my goodness - having read all of these threads there are definitely many views, opinions etc.

I have to agree with sassy lashes as I have come from a banking background and are contracts were so strict that we were not allowed to work for certain competitors, were signed upto confidentiality agreements!! So if I was in a salon I would except to sign a contract with clauses in.

You can see all the arguments from all points. I am only just starting up at home but if I was to go into a salon to work for someone I would feel uncomfortable doing mobile or stuff at home except for family, or taking clients. They are taking the risks and especially during these hard financial times.

My view is that I would treat people how I would like to be treated.

Latest posts

Back