New to mobile spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura.Sant

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm a newly qualified spray tanner, I wondered what you think the best solution is? I've not git my kit yet- also do you have any tips on setting up please? Any advice?
Thanks so much xx

Hey,

I have trained with Whitetobrown, Sienna X, St.Tropez,Fake Bake, Caribbean tan...
The one I love is Whitetobrown

Ohhh fab Thank you- I have been looking at them x

They're great!
You can also purchase 8.5%, 10% and 12.5% in sample sizes before you commit!

8.5% is Light
10% is Medium
12.5% is Dark!
Alot of companies actually don't have these percentages which makes it harder for you to choose!:p

I'd contact different brands and buy/request samples and try them on different skin tones.
I tried lots before I settled on LDN skins.
I've tanned several clients who had never had spray tans and were very sceptical and they are all now regular clients.
I haven't had any issues with this solution at all except that it ain't cheap. But I think you get what you pay for.

Thanks so much girls X

Hi everyone!
I'm a newly qualified spray tanner, I wondered what you think the best solution is? I've not git my kit yet- also do you have any tips on setting up please? Any advice?
Thanks so much xx

I've done training with Sienna X and found it quite orangey, and White to Brown which barely showed on any of us doing the course (and that was using different percentages). I've been using Crazy Angel for about 3 years and I really like it and it's reasonably priced but I have recently got trial sized bottles of Moroccan Tan and so far I'm really impressed with that too, so would agree that it's definitely worth trying out trial sizes of different brands before you invest too much in a brand.

I loved white to brown but found it took too long to dry. I also think sienna is orange. I use LA tan which dries quickly and is nice and brown.

I actually do 2 layers of whitetobrown and never found it took to long dry! but I have never had such a natural looking tan until I found whitetobrown! I think fakebake is so Orange especially in pics!

I loved white to brown but found it took too long to dry. I also think sienna is orange. I use LA tan which dries quickly and is nice and brown.

One of my clients wants me to stock
Fake bake . White to brown was my favourite solution. I'm happy with LA tan tho. Have you ever used it?

I wouldn't stock a brand for one particular client unless others would want it

No I'm not going to. I tanned her with LA and the next day she phoned me and said it had all washed off. I gave her a free tan as a good will gesture even though I believe she's had moisturizer on prior to the tan ( she denied this). She still has a tan regularly so it can't have been that bad. I now make a point of asking if she has any moisturizer on as there is no way the tan would have washed off if she hadn't. I got her a sample bottle of fake bake but when I got to her house she decided to have LA. [emoji30]

I hate when clients don't listen to pre care instructions and mess up their own tan :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
I've just had the new Suntana V 14% delivered. I'm not keen on the colour of the others but going to try this tonight. Smells lush!

After having tried various brands like Sunescape, Exposed, Suntana I now use Moroccan Tan for clients who like a lighter tan and Norvell's Venetian and Venetian Dark for clients who like a really dark tan.

My clients and I love love love Moroccan Tan

I can't wait to be Whitetobrown. :p:p:D:D

Latest posts

Back