New to site...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADP

Reaction score
Hi...first, can I say what a brilliant site this is ?
I stumbled across it doing my google search

Ok, I am desperate to do a nail course. I have been doing my own for a couple of years now (self taught, read so much about the subject) that people have said i should learn it professionally.

My aim is to be a mobile nail tech, but, because i qualified a couple of years ago in bookkeeping, i will, if this works out for me, combine the 2 professions.

So to start with, I would practise and charge a silly small fee, to friends (family free of course lol). But, my partner has said I can't go to college because the courses are too expensive :cry:
So I've looked (through a post i read on here) about elearnuk
If I were to do this particular course (it's cheaper than the 2 I had looked into) does it mean I would have to use their college for insurance ? This is the bit Im getting confused about.

Any help would be appreciated...also, a biggie that I'm struggling with is that I am a 42 nanny ! But trendy and 'with it'...am I too old ? Would clients (im talking after A LOT of practising on my victims) want someone my age doing their nails ~ because by then, I would be 43 (omg, scary thought)

Hi...first, can I say what a brilliant site this is ?
I stumbled across it doing my google search

Ok, I am desperate to do a nail course. I have been doing my own for a couple of years now (self taught, read so much about the subject) that people have said i should learn it professionally.

My aim is to be a mobile nail tech, but, because i qualified a couple of years ago in bookkeeping, i will, if this works out for me, combine the 2 professions.

So to start with, I would practise and charge a silly small fee, to friends (family free of course lol). But, my partner has said I can't go to college because the courses are too expensive :cry:
So I've looked (through a post i read on here) about elearnuk
If I were to do this particular course (it's cheaper than the 2 I had looked into) does it mean I would have to use their college for insurance ? This is the bit Im getting confused about.

Any help would be appreciated...also, a biggie that I'm struggling with is that I am a 42 nanny ! But trendy and 'with it'...am I too old ? Would clients (im talking after A LOT of practising on my victims) want someone my age doing their nails ~ because by then, I would be 43 (omg, scary thought)

Hi,
Go for it , you have the passion , and your age will be just fine loads of us are even older , :)
Creative have some fab affordable top class training courses
you will also find lots of help on here,
Geeg also does some wonderful tutorials,

good luck I am sure you will get loads more great advice too

Welcome to the site :)42 isnt old mate you follow your dream.

thanks both of you for the encouragement...I really want to do this...but my partner is , well, in the nicest possible way of saying it....a total cheap skate unless it's something HE wants, then he spends the earth...so i am working on him but eventually will tell I AM doing this...whatever !

Also, because i am looking into this homestudy course, I saw a practise hand on ebay, and they say it is reusable...i thought this would be perfect for homestudy, has anyone used these 'reusable' hands ? and can you really take the acryllics off and start again ?

thanks both of you for the encouragement...I really want to do this...but my partner is , well, in the nicest possible way of saying it....a total cheap skate unless it's something HE wants, then he spends the earth...so i am working on him but eventually will tell I AM doing this...whatever !

Also, because i am looking into this homestudy course, I saw a practise hand on ebay, and they say it is reusable...i thought this would be perfect for homestudy, has anyone used these 'reusable' hands ? and can you really take the acryllics off and start again ?

Nail trainers are a fab thing to buy they have removable nail beds that you can clip on and off :)

Nail trainers are a fab thing to buy they have removable nail beds that you can clip on and off :)
Yes, thanks Lellipop...I really investigated this further and read NOT to buy the ones where you remove the nail extensions, but to buy one where the nails clip on and off....I will start saving lol !

I did my training with Creative when I was 50 and have done other courses with them since. Fabulous training and 42 is certainly not too old:)

You're certainly not too old at 42! I did my training with Creative last year and I'm 39...I have got a lot more training in the pipeline too - Good Luck with talking your 'other half' around :green: and good luck when you do your training :hug:

oh...and welcome to the site too! :hug:

I did my training with Creative when I was 50 and have done other courses with them since. Fabulous training and 42 is certainly not too old:)

You're certainly not too old at 42! I did my training with Creative last year and I'm 39...I have got a lot more training in the pipeline too - Good Luck with talking your 'other half' around :green: and good luck when you do your training :hug:

oh...and welcome to the site too! :hug:
Thanks Girls !

Latest posts

Back