New to Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

All2Hand

Reaction score
Hi, I have been on here for days, founding out as much information about waxing and would like to add this to my other skill, nails. I have had a discussion with my husband about this but he thinks that I should just stick to doing Nail Enhancements. I am wondering could I do both of these and if so where do I begin. Which course to go on, if any where I live, don't mind travelling but just need to sort out child care for my little girl and also which is the best product to use. I have been doing some research on product and have stumble across Mancine Cosmetics which I saw this at the beauty show in Birmingham. Has anyone try this and can this be brought here in the UK.

Thanks

no i havent used that , i am LOOKING FOR A NEW WAX product tho... i need HOT AND WARM use with oil , can anyone advise ***** but back to nails lol:o i manage to combile lashes wax mani pedi tans nails and im mobile and home based x go for it . my clients love the fact i can do even just the eyebrows when getting nails done. x

beBeau is fantastic (distributed by Wow Factor, the same company that distribute Tantrick and Flirties). They do both strip and non strip wax. Both waxes are gorgeous to use, they are used a lower temperature than traditional waxes and they do not harden, break or become brittle so you don't feel like you have to rush your treatment.

Just food for thought.

:hug:

xxx

The reason why I ask about Mancine Cosmetics is that there do Hot Wax and strip Wax and when I was at the NEC show the lady was explaining to me about advanced wax technology and how it was good for sensitive areas, less redness.
She wax my arm and I was impress, hardly any redness. The only thing is she advice me to do a waxing course that is a recognised beauty therapy or waxing certificate i.e NVQ/BTEC/HND level so that I perfect my waxing skills in the future with her.

She gave me a leaflet about the product, what courses are running and a spread sheet comparison of Mancine wax and other branded wax.

All I know is that she is from Wolverhampton.

There's not reason you can't do the two treatments (or more).

Try as many waxes as you can and just choose one because it's cheap or it SOUND good. You need to use it and try before you buy.

The wax that I would recommend is excellent but it isn't cheap. All depends whether you want cheap and cheerful which is fine, or whether you want to go high end. You could always start with a cheaper wax and see if you're passionate about waxing. xx

Do your course with Kimmie, she is lovely and down to earth and she will train you well!!

There's not reason you can't do the two treatments (or more).

Try as many waxes as you can and just choose one because it's cheap or it SOUND good. You need to use it and try before you buy.

The wax that I would recommend is excellent but it isn't cheap. All depends whether you want cheap and cheerful which is fine, or whether you want to go high end. You could always start with a cheaper wax and see if you're passionate about waxing. xx

Thanks for that Kim I always prefer quality. After all you have probably try just about nearly all the different product on the market.

What I will do is save my pennies and send you an e-mail to book me on one of your courses. And thanks to all geeks replying to this thread so quickly x

Thanks for that Kim I always prefer quality. After all you have probably try just about nearly all the different product on the market.

What I will do is save my pennies and send you an e-mail to book me on one of your courses. And thanks to all geeks replying to this thread so quickly x
You're welcome doll xx

I run a waxing course also nearer to you (in Manchester) and usually only do 1-2-1 or two students at the most. I also use a high end wax (Berins). My course is accredited by several insurance companies and endorsed by Lori Nestore, the Wax Queen. If you are not sure who Lori is google her.

I can highly recommend Julie (JOE90). Trained with her in November both strip and non strip. Absolutely love it. I trained the year before in man/ped - nail enhancements and beauty & make-up. As much as i would love to learn more, i also think it is good to be great at a few treatments rather than OK at lots.

Latest posts

Back