New Treatment Menu...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah22

Reaction score
Hi geeks, my business will be a year old in May. I'm trying between now and then to do as many new courses and bring in as many new treatments as possible. So far, I've done;

Bio Sculpture
Gelicure
Vajazzle
Hot Stone Massage
Remedial Massage
Eve Taylor Facial Range

And I still have to do;

Hopi Ear Candling
Ear Piercing

Is there anything else that you would all recommend that you find to be popular?

Thanks xx

waxing, manicure and pedicure??
maybe make up ? and if you are ok witht he fiddlier jbs, how about eyelash extensions? x

Thanks for your reply!!

Sorry, I didn't make my original post clear lol. I do all of the standard treatments you're taught in L2 and L3, I'm just trying to add extra's in :)

I'm trained in eyelash extensions from my previous job, but to be honest we kept falling out!! Haha. When I eventually got the hang of it, I found clients wouldn't come back for their removal (it was free), pulled them out and then came back and complained because they'd no natural lashes left!! I vowed when I set up my own place I would steer clear, but I understand there's a huge demand for them. How do you get on with yours?

Thanks for your advice :-D xx

How about Brazilian Blowdry? You can charge £80-£200 for it! I'm sure there must be a training course :) xx

How about Brazilian Blowdry? You can charge £80-£200 for it! I'm sure there must be a training course :) xx

whats that, never heard of it?

Me neither, what on earth is a Brazilian Blowdry :D LOL xxx

Its for the hair geeks I would think only hairdressers could do it not beauty therapists, sorry i didn't look to see maybe you do do hair?
I think its like a straightening treatment that lasts for months but not really sure!

I'm not trained in hair!! Lol, but thanks anyways.

I do work in a hairdressers though and they do the Brazilian blow dry... It's basically chemical straightening!!

Xx

Minx is popular... Fish pedicures, spray tanning if u don't already, reflexology... I'm out lol. I'm same boat as u nearly year old but no money for more training sadly :-( x

I'm considering Minx, but my closest training centre is in the south (I'm on the north) and I can't afford the time out of the salon. As for fish, there's quite a lot of controversy surrounding the health, safety and hygiene!! I do spray tanning :)

How have you found your first year?

Thanks for replying :) xx

Rockstar Toes? They are always extremely popular in the summer time xx

How about eyelash extensions!! X

O sorry you already do it :/ lol x

Yes Jenny, I was thinking about rockstar toes, but I'm not 100% certain of the sequence :-/ Do you know it? Xx

Lol, I can do eyelash extensions but I find it very footery and am not very confident xx

I do rockstar with gelish...

1x base coat
Cure
1x pale colour (I use desert sands)
Apply glitter
Cure
2x top coat

If you click on the groups link at the top of the page there is a group for rockstar toes (I would add a link directly to it for you but I can't do it on the app!) in that group there is a very helpful step by step guide

Hope that helps xx

What about threading? I'm looking into that x

Thanks so much Jenny :-D xx

That's a good idea Leese!! Do you have any idea roughly how much it costs? Xx

I did threading through the Brow Lounge and it was £200... it was a three day course in Derby which I found beneficial as I would never have felt confident doing it after one day!

Is it easy to pick up, or quite difficult?

Xx

Somewhere in the middle for me, I found getting the pressure on the skin right the hardest thing tbh. I needed the 3 day course to get confident doing it but I know everyone is different and not everyone will need it. If you get lots of practice in as well then obviously you'll be a whizz in no time :). I'd recommend it - no one in my area does it and I'd say that was the case in quite a few!

Latest posts

Back