New Website for a newbie in all senses of the word!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hi all ,
I hope it is ok to post this question on here , but almost finished my Website, first time ever for me ,and very difficult for me,(felt like I was learning a new language) but did it all by myself with lots of advice from previous threads on here as well, so Thank you to yo all :)

Could you all please have a look and tell me if I have too much content, and if there are changes I need to make.

Also is it a good idea to put Google Adsense on, and have I done enough to help Google rank it high enough for it to come up if someone was to search for Shellac in Hertfordshire for example ??
I have added the Facebook LiKe link and Google +1 button , but both have cursor bars underneath , and i do not know how to remove them .
LAst thing , is how do I add a patterned background , as I think it looks really plain, hence all the different colour's.
Any advice good or bad will be appreciated , thank you . x :hug:

Well done on doing your own website - I know how hard it is because I did mine! Is there a link to your website?

Woops , must be all the late night's I forgot to post it !!!
Sorry and thanks !!

Here it is ....

The NaiLab - Home

Love your business name and the piccies on the front page make it really appealing. I'm not seeing the menu unless I place my mouse over that part of the screen - not sure if that's my browser set up. Also, some of your spacing is out but again I don't know if that could be the way i'm viewing it. Hard work isn't it!

It's very good well done. Only thing I'd say is I found it hard to read the writing as it's blue on a blue background, but I was viewing it on my phone.

Well done you should be very proud it's good x

Thank you so far I have changed the colour of my text to dark blue, is it easier to read now ?

Any other changes i should make .is there anything I have included that may be inappropriate as I do not want to offend anyone if at all possible .
:hug:

Some small changes but they will make a difference -

HOME page
Remove space between 'where natural nail care ...' and the exclaimation mark

Remove the apostrophe in 14 day's .. its days

I would put a line space between ' where natural nail care ...' and shellac by CND

Typo in 'the nailab provides ... exclusive

SHELLAC page
The green colour is hard to read
There should not be a space between the end of a sentence and the full stop or exclaimation mark.

ABOUT ME page
Delete the extra line between 'I am a fully qualified ...' and 'CND (creative ...)

Delete extra lines between each of the next two paragraphs

No apostrophe in the paragraph 'i always wanted to have nicely ... smudged nails - nails is plural.

Same for 'only last 2 days' days is plural so no apostrophe.

PRICES page
Line up the £35.00 under luxury pedi

FIND THE NAILAB page
'When arranging an appointment directions will happily be given'
instead of - will be happily given

Otherwise you've done a good job - well done!!!

Jacqui xx

I also done mine with weebley.
zonenailsandbeauty.com
take a look...i will try rember/have a look at how to do back ground on web pages and contact you.
Well done it looking good,just few changes as Jacqui said.
Good thing with weebley you can add/change things when you wich to...i still need to add photos!!

Some small changes but they will make a difference -

HOME page
Remove space between 'where natural nail care ...' and the exclaimation mark

Remove the apostrophe in 14 day's .. its days

I would put a line space between ' where natural nail care ...' and shellac by CND

Typo in 'the nailab provides ... exclusive

SHELLAC page
The green colour is hard to read
There should not be a space between the end of a sentence and the full stop or exclaimation mark.

ABOUT ME page
Delete the extra line between 'I am a fully qualified ...' and 'CND (creative ...)

Delete extra lines between each of the next two paragraphs

No apostrophe in the paragraph 'i always wanted to have nicely ... smudged nails - nails is plural.

Same for 'only last 2 days' days is plural so no apostrophe.

PRICES page
Line up the £35.00 under luxury pedi

FIND THE NAILAB page
'When arranging an appointment directions will happily be given'
instead of - will be happily given

Otherwise you've done a good job - well done!!!

Jacqui xx
Thank you Jacqui , this is what I wanted... a fresh pair of eyes, as I tend to work late in the evening when I am tired, and can't see the wood for the trees sometimes. Will sort out tomorrow .
Zonebeauty , than you will have a look at your's too. and any advice would be great. xxx

You welcome, just didn't want to come across as nit-picking ... but I notice things like this and I wouldn't want it to give people the wrong idea!!

Jacqui xx

other than a few spelling errors Jacquilineanna has pointed out it looks fab, you have worked really hard. well done you! x

Thank you all ,
all typos etc rectified I hope , I deleted the whole page "about me":eek:
so just had to retype it all again , so i hope I haven't made new mistakes.
Please give any more advice or critiques if needed.

I just need to get it up the google ranks now so that when someone searches for Shellac in Hertfordshire or gel nails in Hertfordshire it comes up near the top !

Lovely, well done!!!!!!!

So much better,and a well done from me too.

looks good well done, and you have lovely lot of photos in your portfolio

can i ask what colour is on the small finger, or the pic with different coloured fingers - its like a really silver glittery colour is it shellac or gelac (havent ordered new colours yet:()

Home page -

CND,ORLY, OPI , KAESO change spacing to
CND, ORLY OPI, KAESO

The slide bars under the facebook and G+1 really ruin the look of an otherwise nice site.

It may be because the "box" around the symbol is too large for the place it has been placed on the page, if you have frames defined.

Try moving them to the sidebar, under the menu, or into the header or footer. They will appear on every page then too.

Home page -

CND,ORLY, OPI , KAESO change spacing to
CND, ORLY OPI, KAESO

The slide bars under the facebook and G+1 really ruin the look of an otherwise nice site.

It may be because the "box" around the symbol is too large for the place it has been placed on the page, if you have frames defined.

Try moving them to the sidebar, under the menu, or into the header or footer. They will appear on every page then too.

Thank you Mike , I couldn't figure out how to remove them , I will go and try that and hopefully do it in the header , as I don't think I can but them in the side bar .
Cheers !:lol:

looks good well done, and you have lovely lot of photos in your portfolio

can i ask what colour is on the small finger, or the pic with different coloured fingers - its like a really silver glittery colour is it shellac or gelac (havent ordered new colours yet:()

Thank you Blush,
The little finger in that photo is moonlight and roses over base coat , and then I sprinkled blue holographic glitter strips ,and sealed with top coat , buffed doen to get a smooth finish , wiped with IPA and sealed again with top coat . I had it on for 2 weeks , loved it !!

I know you have all looked already, but I have changed the layout and colours of my website , as I wasn't happy with it the way it was .
Please take a look if you have time, and please feel free to comment if you wish, especially if you remember the way it was..

Thank you all again
:confused:

Yadagi, how do you get up the google ranks? In English as I am not technical

Latest posts

Back