New website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmi2506

Reaction score
hi guys i have new website and i neec all the creative critism i could get please could you take a look for me thanks all replys neccessary to help me get the best possible website thanks

I cannot see what areas you cover?
Also, it looks like your prices are very cheap, but again as I cannot see the areas you cover I do not know whether that is the going rate where you are.
I think on your prices page I would like an explanation of what is included in some of your treatments, like facials and manicures.
Other than that, I like the colours and the layout.

thank you very much i cover manchester i am based in wyrhenshawe so thats why my prices are like that it isnt cheap for round here its just competative thank you for ur imput

Is that a typing error on the price for a full set of Trendy Nail Wraps?

I think your web site looks very nice with nice pictures. I too would give a little explanation of your treatments and also think your prices are very low. Well done :)

Is that a typing error on the price for a full set of Trendy Nail Wraps?

No i charge five on top of full set is that really cheap then i thought it was good and i have only just started doing them couple of months ago i am also in a area where nobody knows what they are and like i said before my prices ate competative not cheap and do you really think if i put my prices up ill get custom

Very nice website :)

I personally would combine the home & about me pages info & just have a "welcome page".
Maybe change the other spare page to "testimonails"
It would be nice to introduce yourself straight away on the first page clients read.
How about adding your insurance company & their logo?
Also a list of all your trainig with dates looks good, as you say you are always looking to further your skills and keep up to date with the latest trends and products, it would be very professional looking for all of these to be listed.
Also you dont say if you are a beauty salon, a rented room or mobile.
You say you work alongside your sister for pamper parties, I think this would look nicer if you added her name.
What is the log in page for?
Hope that helps x:hug:x

the log in page is for members that joinup whichi send out monthly promotions also there is more psges for members only monthly promotions n stuff please join lol :lol: hint hint

Last edited:
Lovely website.

My only mention would be to back up the other comments about your prices being quite low?? Im my area some of the prices are double the price of what you are offering. The trendy wraps is very very low!! Get them prices increased and make some more dough!! Its worth it. :) x

the log in page is for members that joinup whichi send out monthly promotions also there is more psges for members only monthly promotions n stuff please join lol :lol: hint hint

You should mention this on your home page, "Sign up on the log in page to become a member & get sent regular emails with promotions & offers" - let you potential clients be aware of this. x:hug:x

Veryy nice!!! butt Trendy nail wraps £5 even tho your prices are quite cheap £5!! that waayyyy too cheap for the time it take u to put them on!! maybe do £15 and then do a speciall offer for £12 atm but deffo put them up by mid november theyll be a big hit at xmas! x

thank you all i will put them up soon as if yoy think it will bring more custom

Crikey an eyelash perm for £15 and a lip/chin wax for £3!!!:eek: That's too cheap hun!

Hi i agree with the other comments on here and have done somthing similer thinking i didnt want to over charge etc. I read a comment last night and it has stuck with me if you go to tesco to u buy the budget brand prob not as we dont think the quality is great its the same for us yes some people will look for a bargin so let them have your offers charge what you are worth dont put yourself and skills down by chargeing so low xxxxxx hope this helps:):):):)

No i charge five on top of full set is that really cheap then i thought it was good and i have only just started doing them couple of months ago i am also in a area where nobody knows what they are and like i said before my prices ate competative not cheap and do you really think if i put my prices up ill get custom

I think you need to explain more - the price list suggests that the price is £5 for a full set...not £5 on top of the regular acrylic or gel price. As the wraps can be used directly on the natural nail like Minx then clients will think this is what they are getting. And...it's still too low...consider the price you pay for a sheet of wraps then halve that as you should get 2 sets from it. What remains would only pay for about 5 or 10 mins of your time!

Many techs are very busy working long hours for peanuts because they get their calculations wrong or even worse....guess them! It would be better to work fewer hours but make a decent profit from them. You never know you may find that there are clients around you looking for an alternative to the cut-price salons so you could end up further down the line being very busy AND making lots of money :lol:

Had a look at your site and it looks really pretty & quite simple i think there is a lot you can build on though, I agree with comments about the prices, looking as a client i would assume you were very new to the business?

Also wondering where you got all your pics from as i know i was advised to only use ones i had bought or could prove were mine these look like the same type?

Good luck with it all i know i spent days setting my website up so not easy :)

Latest posts

Back