Newbie - advice in training, please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica26

Reaction score
Hi newbie here.
I'm actually fully qualified hairdresser but due to ill health cannot stand on my feet all anymore. so looking to groom n use my creativeness elsewhere. I realize u don't just get trained over night but I want to get some good strong grounding n hopefully progress from there.
Have read all sorts of posts re training on here, googled like mad and just basically want to know is the CND/Sweet Squared Nail Academy in Leeds really the best place to start off or would u say try basic court somewhere else first.?
There's somewhere on Dewsbury road called Beauty Academy for half the price nut it's still about 1000 for mani/pedi, nail gels, enhancements, mind but they don't do anatomy n physiology as she said all her girls would prob fall asleep. I do live round corner from CND would u really
recommend this as a starter point??
Would appreciate your advice.
Also went to Entity Nail Academy in Moortown - anyone trained with Gina there? Help!!

You are so lucky to just live round the corner from a creative academy. I'd say yes definitely go for it. I recently did a conversion course in Manchester and it was great, the products are amazing :D
Good luck xx

Wow! I wish I was that close to a cnd acadamy!! I'm having to save an extra 300 for train fares!!

I'd definately do your training with CND !

To be perfectly frank, there's no point going and spending money (especially as much as £1k!!) when you know you're only gonna have to go and spend even more money to put right what should've been done in the first place.

CND Complete also includes all the kit you'll ever need, so although you may look at it and think it's expensive, you're getting a heckuva lot of value and even better training which means that it actually works out cheaper in the long run. Plus, you know... you'd actually know what you were doing!

There's somewhere on Dewsbury road called Beauty Academy for half the price nut it's still about 1000 for mani/pedi, nail gels, enhancements, mind but they don't do anatomy n physiology as she said all her girls would prob fall asleep. I do live round corner from CND would u really
recommend this as a starter point??
Crikey, that'd make me run and never look back :eek:

I agree with the others, go with CND, you wont regret it.

Thanks for your advice guys I feel kind of priviledged to live so near to CND now!
Looks like they sound the best, so looking forward to starting my training soon and given that you get the training kit with your training - bonus.

Look forward to starting training soon. :p

Latest posts

Back