Newbie help on eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisareid

Reaction score
I've just done my 3rd set of eyelashes and while I was still working on my client a few of the eyelashes fell out :cry: I haven't had this happen before and hope it was just because my glue pot was too near my lamp? The lashes looked fine when I applied them. I'm tending to put them on and leave them to set, I was using a micropore brush before but I found that this disloged the eyelash, maybe I was too over eager and applied too much pressure. My glue isn't out of date and I've checked that I've stored it correctly so any other suggestions? I was quite deflated half way through but managed to carry on and finally applied around 20-25 in each eye after 2 1/2 hrs and she did go away happy and said she would come back for her in-fills :)

Also can anyone suggest any good lamps. I'm having to work in the evenings and I'm not quite happy with my lighting.

Okay enough of the moaning LOL.

:hug:

When u say a few of the lashes fell out, do u mean u attached them then they came out after? if so this occasionally happens to me once i brush through them, i just attach another in its place, no big deal i dont think, can i ask what you use the micropore brush for? is this just to as you say apply with pressure? The way i do it is apply lash and use a cocktail stick to get rid of any extra glue, i find that works fabby, im just hitting the 60 mark in about 2 hrs now and have just completed my 10 set, hard goin aint it!

I got a naturalight mag lamp from capital hair and beauty, it was roughly £45 inc vat and its a treat to work with, i turn out the lights so that the client can relax and this lamp provides more than enough light to work with, its fab - Naturalight Standard 5 inch Magnifying Lamp

hth x

Hi I am fairly new to eyelashes can I ask do you use the cocktail stick to wipe glue of every lash xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I use a head light when Im working in the evenings - and during the day seeing as we have had no sunshine for a while, you can get them from Argos under the camping section, they look a bit like a miners light and strap onto your head!!!!!, not terribly attractive but the client has their eyes shut so they cant see you anyway :lol:

Around 10 or so fell off when I was combing them through, but I just replaced them. I used the micropore brush to wipe off any extra glue but I found I applied too much pressure and the lash would fall off. Wow that's fantastic, I wish I could get 60 on in 2 hours, well done you. It really is hard going but I am enjoying the results.

I love the sound of the head lamp, will defo look into that :)

I'm feeling much better today, felt a bit deflated last night and although I'm producing good eyelashes, I'm just not getting enough practice. My friends say they want them done, I give them dates when I'm free and then they don't get back to me, I'm only charging 10 and I feel they want it for free, my case studies are taking longer then I hoped, hopefully things will pick up.

Thanks again for your replies, really appreciate it. :hug:

Hi Lisa,

If I have any lashes coming off during application, it's usually because I haven't attached it properly to start with.

I know that you are trying to get your time down but personally, I think it's better to take your time over each and every lash to ensure it is properly bonded. This is what makes the lashes last. Taking your time to get your technique correct at the start is SO important. Once you've got this right, your timing will improve.

Make sure you are attaching the extension really well at the base, then ensure at much of the natural lash as possible is attached as well.

I don't use a cocktail stick or anything to remove excess glue. I think if you need to do this, perhaps you are loading too much glue on the the extension to start with?

Hope this has helped.

All the best with your lashing.

E xx

Yeah I totally agree I don't think I had them attached properly. I managed to re-attach them and produce good results I was happy with and my client went away happy. I agree with the speed, I would rather put on less but really good lashes then rush and have poor results. I am happy to produce the natural look at this stage. I now have 2 photos so I will upload them later as I would love some feedback. Am finding the outer corners tricky to apply the lashes.:hug:

Yeah I totally agree I don't think I had them attached properly. I managed to re-attach them and produce good results I was happy with and my client went away happy. I agree with the speed, I would rather put on less but really good lashes then rush and have poor results:

This is a great way to look at it! You'll get there eventually hunni. I'd much rather take my time & get it right than rush and fluff it! I always allow a couple of hours for application sometimes I'm quicker but it's nice to have that little of bit extra time incase things don't go my way! :) x

Definately work on technique speed will come on its own once you perfect your technique and your confidence grows.

I still have an odd on ping off when I comb through, its usually cos its not fully attached at the base I always give the lashes a really good comb through then if any loose ones come off I can reattach I look at it I would rather they pinged off when the client was still laid down on my beauty table so I can reattach them.

You sound like your doing everything right

Deb
x

Hey Lisa - Can i ask what you technique is when you are picking up the lash and dipping it in the glue?
The previous comment about too much glue may be correct - if you feel that you have too much glue on the ELE - wipe on the natural lash and then dab any excess off and apply.
There could be several reasons that ur ELE are popping off - some were pointed out above such as you havnt bonded correctly or they are not set yet.
Did you pre prep? This is a really important part of the bonding process - prep solutions are used to dehydrate the natural lash - remember if there is any oil on the natural lash then the glue wont bond.
Keep using your spoolies to comb through the lashes - its a great way to remove any crazy lashes that may cause the client issues later down the track and its also a great way of seeing if you have any 'friends' (lashes that stick together!)

Latest posts

Back