Newbie needing help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suspense is starting to kill me waiting on this email! So exciting :green::wink2:

Sorry Guys. I have an email in my drafts but wont send until I have some crucial info and need Kelly at work for it but she has been training all week and I havent managed to snag her. Will aim for Friday. For those of you who have asked this will truly be an amazing opportunity but I want you all to know that as a 'pilot' class (and we will do 2), it will be based in Leeds.

What I am offering is actually 14 days of FOC education for the NEW CND Introductory Nail Course and you will be paying for product only. I will give you more info but please PLEASE do not send me PM's here. Email [email protected] and be patient. All great things come to those who are patient :).

I have just seen some of the new Masters and am so excited for 2011. There is a lot of great stuff for serious nail pros including SHELLAC certificates - yehhh - you asked me, I asked CND and they listened and acted as they always do!!

Last edited:
I'm all the way down in Somerset :cry: but determined to make it up to Leeds if I'm given the opportunity to be part of this exciting new venture! :green:

Hi there,

I am thinking of a career change going from accountant to training to become a nail tech. I have applied to do a manicure course at my local college and was wondering if this is the best way to start or am I better doing a cnd course. Just don't want to be a number cruncher any longer lol. Please any help or advice.

Hey i think there are pros and cons to both

College - Full insight into the knowledge of nails etc but very time consuming and little practical work.

Course - Quick and learn fast - but miss out some of the finer details.

Most nail extension courses either include a manicure part or add it on for a small cost.

I do nails part time and i done a 2day intensive course. for me it was the best option.However people on the course with me are doing it full time and t5here is the option to do 3,4 and 5 days coures - obv the longer the more details you go into.

Depending on where you are may also effect. In scotland college courses are free for full time students if its their first course but private courses are only part funded up to £250 if u get paid less than £25k :)

I think there is a few things to think about - how quickly you want to start doing this work and how much you want to spend!

:cry:
So gutted about this - details are absolutely amazing - just wish it was closer to me as I'm away up in Scotland lol x :cry:

:cry:
So gutted about this - details are absolutely amazing - just wish it was closer to me as I'm away up in Scotland lol x :cry:

No worries - just do it with Fee Wallace later.

I suggest do your reasearch and go with your heart:lol:

I have done mani and pedi at college and now doing the acrylics at college.

I would not reccomend doing it at a college. (imo and experience)

Since ive been on here and read the tutorials there is so much im learning on here that my lecturer has not told us.

I did an assesment on infills the other day id never done it before and i passed? When i got home and read some of my info packs i realsied id missed a stage out so how did i pass?

Im quite upset that ive wasted money when ive now learnt about cnd etc. But ive read you can do one-one course so i may look in to it when this one finishes.

if i could go back in time, now i know about cnd i would definatly do my courses with them as i will any future ones.

Aan xx

Hey loveday,

If you are determined to sign up for this course as it will b in leeds, if you like we can share a hotel room and it will b much cheaper?

I will b travelling from Northampton and it's a bit far for me too :(

Pm me if Interested.

Spring83

Xx

Hey loveday,

If you are determined to sign up for this course as it will b in leeds, if you like we can share a hotel room and it will b much cheaper?

I will b travelling from Northampton and it's a bit far for me too :(

Pm me if Interested.

Spring83

Xx

What a great idea!!! :idea:

I am new to all of this but would be very interested in finding out more info ref the offer. Have sent an email with my details

I also was going to attend local college for 15 week course in mani and pedi and then "top this up" with other things to get more experience but if I dont need to I am happy to do a course that will get me up and running quicker and be better as well

I am in Dunstable so would be happy to share travel costs and hotel room with the person from Northampton as I am only done the road :)

I am new to all of this but would be very interested in finding out more info ref the offer. Have sent an email with my details

I also was going to attend local college for 15 week course in mani and pedi and then "top this up" with other things to get more experience but if I dont need to I am happy to do a course that will get me up and running quicker and be better as well

I am in Dunstable so would be happy to share travel costs and hotel room with the person from Northampton as I am only done the road :)

Hey hon,

Have emailed you. I hope you can make it :)

Ana x

I too have had details emailed to me, sounds fab! So much easier getting everything in one course.
Does anybody know when the full has to be paid- before the course starts? I know you can put the £100 to secure a place. All goes well I'll be seeing a few of you three :) exciting

Xx

I too have had details emailed to me, sounds fab! So much easier getting everything in one course.
Does anybody know when the full has to be paid- before the course starts? I know you can put the £100 to secure a place. All goes well I'll be seeing a few of you three :) exciting

Xx

I spoke to Samantha when i booked my course. We have to pay it everything by the start day. You can call at anytime to make the full payment, or if you like to pay a bit this week and a bit next week is fine i was told.

Hopefully we will meet there :)

ps you so lucky to be so close to leeds :)

Ana x

I know, really lucky! I have just looked to see how close the nearest train stop is to the course centre as I'm not driving at the minute, it looks quite far away :eek:
What's everyone else doing with regards to getting there? Xx

I know, really lucky! I have just looked to see how close the nearest train stop is to the course centre as I'm not driving at the minute, it looks quite far away :eek:
What's everyone else doing with regards to getting there? Xx

Tiffany Leeds Train Station is about 4 miles from S2 HQ.

The new course sounds absolutely amazing. I wish I had the time in Jan-Mar.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I dont have your details:) Please email [email protected] with your full info and I can get in contact! Many Thanks

You guys are all so lucky! Here in BC as in Quebec we just don't have the opportunity. If I could I would buy a ticket and be there in a heart-beat. :green: I am green with envy:green:

CND needs to offer this over here in Canada!!!!!

You guys are all so lucky! Here in BC as in Quebec we just don't have the opportunity. If I could I would buy a ticket and be there in a heart-beat. :green: I am green with envy:green:

CND needs to offer this over here in Canada!!!!!
It's not CND who are offering this, it is us Sweet Squared.:)

Latest posts

Back