Newbies Bluffing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See, that´s the thing right there - competition not about forwarding the art of nails and there is too much of it. Of course there is no escape or replacement for expierence and you (who have been in the he business for 10years or more) most certaintly did your best to do it "old school" with mentors in the same room (maybe). Things have changed and the nail education industry has to survive the best way it can by offering half semester classes, part time classes, week-end classes, etc. just to survive and those who are serious andhave the guts to take those classes usually cannot afford a full time education (time wise or finacially) but have to work even harder to get the hours in. I myself have been in that situation and it feels like **** constantly appologizing for what was not taught - the adage:you get what you pay for - comes to mind but then also those who don´t have the determination, stamina and pure desire to make it in this business will fall by the wayside anyway. In my part of the world it how you finish - not how you start - that counts.
This whole competiton thing really gets to me as well. My first thougt was - just close the Geek down and other sites like it. it is a fantastic way to destroy the industrie. Of course I´m not for cheating - that is a whole other different thing but if you want to "protect" what is yours then maybe brouse another site that is to your liking, feeling, what have you and leave us to ourselves - those who want to share, create and give our clients something of us - not keep them from something else. It is them in the end who decides they will go to.
If there is somethig lacking in my profile that you possibly have perused I will be more than willing to answer your enquireres. After 2.5years in the nail business I consider myself a newbie and proud of it and hungry and from my point of view the day I feel or think I know it all, nothing left to learn is the time for me to get out and make way for others because there are thousands waiting in the wings.
Thompson
-Newbie!!!

Come on guys!! It aint that hard is it?

2 questions ??

Are you a backyard Barbie who wants no trainig and to slide in under the radar of training and buy products from iligitimate sources? OR
Are you in training with a mind on a future career?

One is not welcome ... the other is. So stop being paranoid and get with the programme and be welcome here. It isn't so difficult is it?

It seems that some peeps are completely missing the boat.
Gigi makes it very clear in her above statement.
We have nothing against honest competition.
We do want to help newbies.

We only have issue with 'backyard Barbies/Bobs".
That's IT.
One would expect that after so many pages, of explaing it every which way possible, with every sort of example that somebody might understand by this point what the true problem is.

:rolleyes:

I only have one other similar experience with a forum like this but it didnt involve nails however I can sede why its annoying when people come on and either troll the site or are just messing about. I however am very reluctant to post too much on my profile until Im sure that I really want to be involved in that community (after all you never know who sees what do you) and it would be very easy to put misleading info onto the profile so I for one cant see why that makes someone genuine or not, the only way you can tell is to listen to what they have to say and respond in a suitable fashion. For instance, I know Im genuine but I may say something silly (has been known to happen) and just because I do whilst Im still new doesnt mean Im faking it...just means Im trying to be helpful.

Sorry if ive covered old ground here but just thought Id have my two pennies worth

To be honest i think this thread is running dry now :confused:

What i think is - if there is people who want to join this forum and 'bluff' and try and learn from this forum without any training then i could honestly put my life on it and say they wont learn a thing because there is no possible way you could learn to do a full set of nails just from reading bits and pieces and even if they do learn these people will never in a million years be as good as those who have done training.

Newbies if your here and you have trained thats great and fine your more than welcome here its a great place to be!! Or even if your new and your looking for some help and guidance of what training you should be doing thats also absoloutly fine this is what salon geek is for!

I honestly cant stress this enough if you have only just qulified it doesnt matter at all your still welcome here i only passed my gel nails on sunday and ive had nothing but support so please newbies who are trained or want to train dont be offended!!

But it is best to fill out your profile so everyone is aware of why you are here and what your all about its also nice for us to know what eachother do or intend to do etc

I truly honestly dont worry about those bluffers or those who dont want training it just makes me feel better about what i do!!

Absolutely!! Well said :hug:
Think this thread could do with closing now xxx

for all our sakes

Ok, your wish is my command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back