Next course - Gel or Nail Art???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacqui'snewnail

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have just made arrangements to rent a table, but am nervous because I only really offer Creative Liquid & Powder.

My next course........Do you think it should be gels or nail art? Those of you in the market, what do you think there is the most call for?

Can I pretty much self teach nail art? Buy some stencils, airbrush etc and have a play or is a course absoltely necessary?

Thanks Geeks :)

Personally, if youre looking to add more strings to your bow Id go for a gel course ... then you have your 2 main systems covered.

While you may find you get a lot of requests for nail art ... you might not.
Generally, peeps usually play safe & go for flicks & rhinestones or stickersanyway ... you wont need a course for that!

Think it would be in your interest to go on a course if you were thinking of air-brushing though.
Hth.

Thanks for that - makes sense!

Next question, I am Creative L & P trained, do you think go with another company for gels? I only know Creative so perhaps a good idea to go with another company for a wider knowledge of systems/training Or stick with what I know??

Thanks for your help.

If anyone could recommend any good gel courses it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jacqui,

I think you should stick with Creative, particularly since the have a great gel system in Brisa x

I would say go for the gel course.
Nail art is not popular in every area and basic nail art can be self taught.
I would stick with Creative and go for Brisa as you will not need to double up on prep products and it'll create a unified image

Latest posts

Back