Nfu.oh cuticle oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LolaBevahousen

Reaction score
I've looked on the affinity site and have received my order of one today, my question is what are the ingredients in them? I've checked on the bottle, but there is no list. :confused:

Contact the lovely people at Affiniti, they will be able to help you! x

I have been informed (correct me if wrong) that nfu cuticle oils contain mineral oils, which to me is pointless (as the molecules of mineral oil are too large to penetrate the nails/skin), why such an expensive, yet beautifully packaged product contains useless baby oil is beyond me...... perhaps sales based on a few petals floating about.

http://vividnails.com.au/shoppingcart/products/Cuticle-Flower-Oils.html

We all know mineral oil is pretty useless in nail enhancements.

Last edited:
i have to say i'm not a fan of their oil. love their l&p and nail art glitters. the oils do look gorgeous and smell fab but you cant get much better than cnd solar oil.

I have been informed (correct me if wrong) that nfu cuticle oils contain mineral oils, which to me is pointless (as the molecules of mineral oil are too large to penetrate the nails/skin), why such an expensive, yet beautifully packaged product contains useless baby oil is beyond me...... perhaps sales based on ignorant techs, fooled by a few petals floating about.

Cuticle Flower Oils - VIVid Online Ordering

Now that is interesting to know, I've emailed them and if I don't get a reply by the end of the week I'll give them a call. I'll post what I find out just incase anyone else wants to know.

What a shame if they are just mineral oil, I would of loved to have use them!

:(
Mineral oil, Aroma Essential Oil, and Dried Flowers.

I, personally, love their oils, so do my clients and I have not had any problems at all. Have used various oils in my time both mineral based and 'natural' and have seen no difference in any of the high end products.

It's a matter of personal choice really and what you find best for you after you have tried things for yourself and made a decision based on your own experience. ;)

:(
Mineral oil, Aroma Essential Oil, and Dried Flowers.

[FONT=&quot]Lola, you needn’t be disappointed with you purchase. Neither should you base your product buying decisions on the (rather disappointing) opinions of one poster. We have - since launching Nfu.Oh in the UK- sold thousands of bottles of cuticle oils – and I can’t think of one complaint so far. Quite the opposite in fact, technicians and clients a like love the look, feel and aroma of the product. Sure the packaging is a bit “different”, but that all adds to the appeal. Other brands use various different types of oil blends in their cuticle products, though I can assure you Nfu.Oh are not the only nail product manufacturer to utilise mineral oil within their formulation. [/FONT]

Hey,

I would also like to say that I love (and so do my clients) the Nfu.Oh Cuticle Oils. I prefer them to other professional brands I've tried - the fact the bottle and flowers look pretty is just a bonus! It is a good product imo.

It's hard to decide whether a product is or is not for you, especially if you can't buy a trial product, but you do have a bottle so see how you go with it!

D* xXx

I have been informed (correct me if wrong) that nfu cuticle oils contain mineral oils, which to me is pointless (as the molecules of mineral oil are too large to penetrate the nails/skin), why such an expensive, yet beautifully packaged product contains useless baby oil is beyond me...... perhaps sales based on ignorant techs, fooled by a few petals floating about.

Cuticle Flower Oils - VIVid Online Ordering

I actually first responded to the post above last night. I also reported the post to the moderators, one of whom almost immediately removed my response as it was - in their words - directed at an individual. Whilst I appreciate everyone involved with this site will be busy with planning and organisation of "the event" I'm particularly disappointed that a post I feel inflammatory is left unchallenged.

So, I'd like to clarify the position on behalf of the Korean manufacturers of Nfu.Oh, that under no circumstances have they - nor would they - produce a product that targets ( in the above posters) words “ignorant techs”.

I can assure you that the team behind Nfu.Oh would be very hurt by that comment as they pride themselves on producing quality products that are a little bit different from others in the market.

The real truth of the matter is that even scientists are divided down the middle over the mineral oil versus veggie, nuts etc oils.

Cosmetic quality mineral oil does not claim to penetrate skin but forms a barrier which prevents the skin from losing it's own moisture. All I know is that it works for me, my clients and my very successful business.

But then what do I know I am only 53, have built up my business on my own whilst bringing up a child alone. Maybe you are right and I am just so thick I am dazzled by the floating petals. What a load of condescending nonsense! Now maybe if you were talking about floating glittery bits! :lick:

no doubt it is pretty ....... but it is glamourised baby oil.

Baby oil is mineral Oil .... and if this isn't the case why do other manufactures pride themselves on more expensive botanicals which are proven to penetrate the nailplate and skin, while Nfu.oh use mineral/cheap oil, yet wholesale for much more than other respected products ..... toss aside the petals petal, of course.

The worldwide top manufacturers do not use mineral oil for a reason, perhaps you should consult Doug Schoons book as to why mineral oils serve very little purpose in a cuticle oil.

Of course distributors will whinge, that's their job while creating profit margins, whilst other products have science on their side.

Perhaps Nfu.oh can explain/defend why the need for mineral/baby oil in their products and it's purpose, above and beyond the worlds leading scientist in nail chemistry.

Until then, ........ it's profiteering, (no matter what message is sent to me in private) ...... perhaps I should rephrase my past comments...... it's not about ignorant techs, it's about those that are ignorant of ingredients and MSDS, which oddly enough, by law we should provide and ....... respectable techs perhaps understand the purpose of ingredients, as well as ingredients that serve little purpose in certain products.

"the-male-geek", perhaps you can clarify, shed some science on the importance of mineral oil and it's purpose, maybe there is some new science we/I am not aware of, I await enlightenment as to it's purpose, rather than to dilute luxurious botanicals scientifically proven to serve a purpose by the worlds leading manufacturers and scientists in this field.

Last edited:
no doubt it is pretty ....... but it is glamourised baby oil.

Baby oil is mineral Oil .... and if this isn't the case why do other manufactures pride themselves on more expensive botanicals which are proven to penetrate the nailplate and skin, while Nfu.oh use mineral/cheap oil, yet wholesale for much more than other respected products ..... toss aside the petals petal, of course.

The worldwide top manufacturers do not use mineral oil for a reason, perhaps you should consult Doug Schoons book as to why mineral oils serve very little purpose.

Of course distributors will whinge, that's their job while creating profit margins, whilst other products have science on their side.

Perhaps Nfu.oh can explain/defend why the need for mineral/baby oil in their products and it's purpose, above and beyond the worlds leading scientist in nail chemistry.

Until then, ........ it's profiteering, (no matter what message is sent to me in private) ...... perhaps I should rephrase my past comments...... it's not about ignorant techs, it's about those that are ignorant of ingredients and MSDS, which oddly enough, by law we should provide and ....... respectable techs perhaps understand the purpose of ingredients, as well as ingredients that serve little purpose in certain products.

"the-male-geek", perhaps you can clarify, shed some science on the importance of mineral oil and it's purpose, maybe there is some new science we/I am not aware of, I await enlightenment as to it's purpose, rather than to dilute luxurious botanicals scientifically proven to serve a purpose by the worlds leading manufacturers and scientists in this field.

So, now we're getting closer to the real meaning of your posts. It's taken a couple of days and a couple of posts, but now, I think we can all see that there is something more deep rooted in your argument than simply the science behind cuticle oils.

Firstly it was the inflammatory comment that Nfu.Oh's manufacturers were promoting “perhaps sales based on ignorant techs, fooled by a few petals floating about."

Now you are saying that as distributors we "whinge, while creating profit margins"

As many technicians on this site (and in the real world) will testify, we run a reputable business - and I can assure you that if money was the only driver - we'd be in a different business!

I don't know the reasons behind your behaviour, but what I do know that your points are without foundation.

I will offer no further comment on this thread as I'm sure that you have an ulterior (and somewhat disturbing) motive in your comments.

Goodnight.

After reading this thread...I think there is one thing discussing something but another calling people that use a product "ignorant techs" I mean how rude!

I know this person must be a long time user of this site by the amount of posts, but really I think it's disgusting to say such a thing about other technicians for using a product!!

I also thought that it was against the 'Commandments' to run another company down. This seems to be a personal attack on a reputable and popular company. Most of the distributors get along with eachother with mutual respect so I don't know why ordinary techs can't do the same.

At the end of the day it is not about Cancer medication or Global Warming but flippin cuticle oil. :eek:

After reading this thread...I think there is one thing discussing something but another calling people that use a product "ignorant techs" I mean how rude!

I know this person must be a long time user of this site by the amount of posts, but really I think it's disgusting to say such a thing about other technicians for using a product!!

One, Hundred, Percent, Agree! It is one thing giving a comment on your opinion of a product, but slating it and calling the people that buy it 'ignorant techs' is just not on!:!:

I for one, have used this product, along with so many more, have tried this product and love it! The pretty flowers are just an added bonus. :D Anyway, I thought that we were not meant to slate products on the forum? Before you say you were just airing an opinion, I think that you can to that without insulting all of the people that use this oil, and if people think the same of the oil that I do, there should be a lot!

The Male Geek, I feel the same as you. I am sure the mods are busy with 'The Event' but once that is over, I hope that the same action is taken to others on this thread, that they may have been to busy to have seen, that also are insulting 'individuals' or in this case a whole group of individuals

HDC :D

I just want to mention that CND isn't a stranger to mineral oil or "glorified baby oil" as you put it. I would classify them as a top company, so now do you feel that they are duping us as well?? I mean it's right there in their ingredients list for all to see for their Almond Illuminating Masque as well as the Citrus Masque as shown on the website.

It is beautiful , has a wide chose , and I find the clients are more likely to carry it around and use it because the way it looks and smells, also even if its right saying that the ingredients are of no use then surely the motion of massaging it in regualy has to be good for blood flow and over all look/health of nail & bed, and it sets a good habit for the client , and we all know how hard it is to get clients to rember there oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back