Nightmare Foxy removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are getting a lot of stick at the moment lanc !!

Lol xx

I am a tough northern lancashire lass so I can take it no worries lol.

Ok the gun has been ordered ,hope its worth the £180 :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Ok the gun has been ordered ,hope its worth the £180 :-D

I have the gun and its amazing it does cut down time.

Haha love your description !!!

I use foxy and yes the bonds are much tougher than other brands I use and it does take me a bit longer to remove and I always have a blister on removal of a set !!

I take it row by row, break the bond a bit , add solution and move on the the next until I have finished the entire row - then go back to remove the bond and by then the bond seems to have broken down enough - I used to do it one by one but didn't work - i hope this makes sense lol!!

It is longer removing the bonds but for me the positives outweigh the negatives so I put up with the blisters!!
Haha i didnt know how else to describe them! Imagine if i said to a client ' im just going to get my meat basher thingys to remove your bonds' god im laughing to myself!

Jus thought id add my 2 pence as The balmain remover pliers i got in my kit from training made my hands blister after 20 mins they were that bad and took ages :/ didnt know any different tho. And also my balmain heat connector is really slow according to Rhe on here who i did an extensions swap with so ive bought the connector from lush us that she recommended and its so much faster! I had no idea mine wasnt as good seeing as they go for £100+ xx

i don't have the removal gun (yet....) but found recently with foxy that i crunch all the bonds down with the mini meat tenderiser ones (best description ever!!) and add a blob of remover gel there and then through the whole head, then once i have done them all go back and crunch once more and they are good to remove, but i give them a fair bit of time to soak in as it just wasnt working doing them one at a time or even row at a time. hth xxx
You'll think of me during your removals :p haha xx

I have the gun and its amazing it does cut down time.

Hi so can I put whatever kind of remove I need on the hair and use the gun instead of using the remover that in the gun ,what kind of remover is in the gun :-D

Ok dont no what your reply will be to this BUT Sarah Jessica Parker uses it and so do I! when taking extensions out if the hairs slippy it helps! SO.......lol use mane and tail spray its for horses to take out tats! Its flipping amazing!!! the hair slides out easy, though it drys extensions out but has never harmed my hair and smells lovely lol :))

I will look it up ,i do use orange oil to remove residues ,not sure what my insurance would say lol :-D

Ok just an update ,removed a set of foxy today with the gun it still took 2 hours 45 to remove and tease out the roots ,i know im not doing it wrong as im following foxy instructions and they say you can remove a set in 45 minutes ,which I think is utter sh**e as you would be removing 3-4 bonds per minute ,:':)'(

I use foxy hair and their remover and never had any problems

How long dose it take you to remove and tease out all the roots ,what am I doing wrong :-D

Usually about an hour, I remove a row at a time, then comb out all of the hair that is left at the root x

Yes that's what I do :-/

Hi girls

I am in desperate need of help! I have Foxy hair in at the moment fitted by my sister who has been doing extensions for years. We always use Great Lengths or Balmain but I couldn't get my colour and was desperate so put Foxy in much to the dismay of my sister.

I now cannot get them out, tried there remover gel, acetone, conditioner even oil but they will not budge.

Can someone tell me where I can get some surgical spirit and if this will work, my head is so sore!

x

Hi sorry to here you can't get them out ether ,you or your sister will get surgical spirit in the local hair and beauty supplies ,but its not a miracle cure but it helps ,i will never use there prebonds aging pain in the butt ,let me know how you get on :-D

Thank you so much for your quick reply, I am going straight to get some in the morning!

I will never use them again, so glad my sister never used them on client and had this nightmare.

Will let you know how I get on, once more thank you as we where running out of things to try

xxxx

Hi girls

I am in desperate need of help! I have Foxy hair in at the moment fitted by my sister who has been doing extensions for years. We always use Great Lengths or Balmain but I couldn't get my colour and was desperate so put Foxy in much to the dismay of my sister.

I now cannot get them out, tried there remover gel, acetone, conditioner even oil but they will not budge.

Can someone tell me where I can get some surgical spirit and if this will work, my head is so sore!

x

Hi girls, we have just been pointed towards this thread by a customer: firstly, sorry to hear your having trouble removing our bonds, I can assure you that with the correct technique our bonds can be removed. We work with our bonds on a daily basis in our onsite salon and can honestly say removal takes our stylists 45mins-1hr15 depending on how many bonds are applied and how much matting is present.
You need to isolate 3 or 4 bonds at a time, deposit 2 pumps of solution onto these bonds so that the bonds are saturated in solution and crush using a removal tool, we find the ridged tools to be the easiest to use. Keep twisting each bond whilst crushing at the same time. Hold onto the natural hair above the bond and the hair and the bond should just slide out leaving no residue behind. You do need to put a little force into the crushing of the bonds for them to loosen. The bond will not crumble like traditional keratin bonds but instead they will loosen ready to be slid out. Other stylists prefer to isolate each row at a time, leave the solution to soak for a moment or two then start the crushing, its personal preference.
We introduced our new Alcohol based removal solution last year and have since sold thousands of bottles with mainly rave reviews. As to be expected with a new product and solution, there has been the odd client who has struggled with the new technique but once we have guided these stylists through the new technique they have since been happily removing bonds without a problem.
We did shoot a short video last year showing the removal technique, this was shot with our old style solution so excuse the shape of bottle; you can take a little look at the video here: Foxy Hair Extensions - Italian Keratin Bond Removal - YouTube
Maybe its time to update our video section with a new tutorial video?
We are always at the other end of the phone to help anybody who is struggling with the application and/or removal of any of our products so feel free to contact us if you need any assistance, there are plenty of stylist on site available to advise.
On the whole, the feedback since the switch over of new style bonds has been overwhelmingly positive, the advantages of using this style bond is less shedding, no more sticky bonds, cleaner removal and best of all, the bonds can be used even on oily hair. Unfortunately this type of bond isn’t for everybody, but we are satisfied the majority of customers love it and wouldn’t go back to using any other style bond.
We hate to think that any of our customers are having issues with any aspects of our products so please feel free to get in touch if you require any further guidance. We can be contacted at [email protected] or 0845 0948403.

I did contact you at the time and you told me the technique which I tryed last week it didnt work thay still took an age to come out

Latest posts

Back