Nightmare wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

effie

Reaction score
I've not been waxing to long and know I'm a little slow and do explain this when I'm waxing, I also very fussy and make sure I don't miss a single hair ( I'm a little OCD in everything I do 😞)
Anyway I have a lady today ( my sister so not so bad ) but she suffers from polycystic ovaries so has excess hair, with the added fact she hasn't waxed in ages so was pretty hairy.
She wanted a half leg, bikini wax and then the inner thighs and backs of legs where her pubic hair grows, ok this is not normal amounts and is thick so basically it took me around 2 hrs to do this😱I've never come Across hair like this before, it was all over. Does anyone have tips on how to speed up in general and most of all when doing her on next visit? I have told her not to leave it so long of she plans on coming back to me.

If she plans*

Trimming the hair speeds up the process it also means the hair won't snap off. I use strip on legs but hot wax at bikini.

Trimming the hair speeds up the process it also means the hair won't snap off. I use strip on legs but hot wax at bikini.

I used the same wax. I didn't have any problems removing the hair there was just so much of it

I'm going to guess you don't do a lot mens legs then? :)
As far as speed - practise is your friend :)
When you put your wax on do you put on one line and then remove or do you speed wax? If you don't know what I mean then look up Lori Nestore on YouTube - she has a half leg speed wax video on there that will show you what I mean... :) It may also help to change wax if you are using a cheaper one as they are not always suited to speedwaxing :)

If you don't know what I mean then look up Lori Nestore on YouTube - she has a half leg speed wax video on there that will show you what I mean... :) It may also help to change wax if you are using a cheaper one as they are not always suited to speedwaxing :)

I just looked her up and I actually want to go and wax someone's legs to give it a go! I really don't like waxing but she makes it look so easy!

Thanks for the link, I watched it also so will try this next time. I've also told her she can't leave it so long hopefully she will come more regular and keep it under control

LOL if you want to know how she waxes all the "bits" there is a DVD doing the rounds I think... that or you can buy the new one (by Lori) from Zozo (or google Berins Wax... it's on there :) ) I've done a review for them and have to say they're not cheap but I think they're really good for picking up tips on how to speed up your leg waxing and I found that she did a few things differently to me - some I now do her way but others I still prefer my own way :)

I've not been waxing to long and know I'm a little slow and do explain this when I'm waxing, I also very fussy and make sure I don't miss a single hair ( I'm a little OCD in everything I do 😞)
Anyway I have a lady today ( my sister so not so bad ) but she suffers from polycystic ovaries so has excess hair, with the added fact she hasn't waxed in ages so was pretty hairy.
She wanted a half leg, bikini wax and then the inner thighs and backs of legs where her pubic hair grows, ok this is not normal amounts and is thick so basically it took me around 2 hrs to do this😱I've never come Across hair like this before, it was all over. Does anyone have tips on how to speed up in general and most of all when doing her on next visit? I have told her not to leave it so long of she plans on coming back to me.
By your description, I would say that was a full leg. Do you mean a Brazilian or basic bikini?

Yes, that is a long time but it can very difficult waxing clients with PCO. Aside from the hair being coarse, the client will often shave, making it difficult to remove.

You just have to perfect your skill (you will) but on a practical level, if you get a client who you feel may take longer than normal, make them your last client of the day so that you're not too stressed. Keep at it and you'll be just fine.

By your description, I would say that was a full leg. Do you mean a Brazilian or basic bikini?

Yes, that is a long time but it can very difficult waxing clients with PCO. Aside from the hair being coarse, the client will often shave, making it difficult to remove.

You just have to perfect your skill (you will) but on a practical level, if you get a client who you feel may take longer than normal, make them your last client of the day so that you're not too stressed. Keep at it and you'll be just fine.

It was just the bikini but because of the PCO the pubic hair was all the way down the inner leg almost to the knee and some around the back of the leg other than that the hair on upper leg was sparse but the lower leg was very long. I was applying wax and removing one area at a time but will try the other method next time.
She was my last client so time wasn't a problem as such I was just very tired by end as she doesn't come till late after work, She going to try and come earlier next time. Thank you for all your replies

2 hours thats ages!, how come it took so long?, slap the wax on in the direction of the hair, then whip it off any left tweeze, 45 minutue maximum. Sorry I just can't fathom how something can take so long? Did you give her a hollywood or playboy as well?

2 hours thats ages!, how come it took so long?, slap the wax on in the direction of the hair, then whip it off any left tweeze, 45 minutue maximum. Sorry I just can't fathom how something can take so long? Did you give her a hollywood or playboy as well?

The full thread explained why and also she suffers with a problem with her legs so she has to keep moving and having rest till it settled enough to continue

I think if someone comes on here asking for help constuctive critisism is best.
"If u haven't got anything nice to say"
There's no need to knock someone further when all they need is a supportive push in the right direction....

Ouch! That's a bit harsh when she's asking us for advice. Have you ever waxed anyone with PCO?

I agree with the last 2 comments.

nothing like making someone feel worse than they already do :eek:

I agree with the last 2 comments.

nothing like making someone feel worse than they already do :eek:

Thick skin me so no offence taken to above comment but thank you for your support and advice.
Like most things in life we are all learners at some point but there is always a minority that forget they were learning or new to something once.

Sorry so she keeped moving, I just couldnt understand how it could be taking so long, why did she keep moving? I have done people with PCOS but hair is hair, but then again extremely sweaty clients (were talking dripping!) can be difficult you clean or wash the area put talc on it just absorbs the talc and yuck, tempting to send them for a tepid shower and yes I have done that and if they don't cool their skin a bit the skin reacts after. Was she sweating alot?

The full thread explained why and also she suffers with a problem with her legs so she has to keep moving and having rest till it settled enough to continue

If you kept stopping its probably only took you half that time, don't worry real clients usually just get on with it especially if you have other clients.

Its hard to draw that line between leg and bikini some times, regardless of how coarse that hair if its coming down to her knees its a full let not a bikini, if you do this again on someone other than you sister make sure you're charging for that!

Loris method is good. I really dont like waxing, it kills my back thats the only reason, but practice really does make perfect. Cover the whole leg as shown and you should have to worry about checking for hair too much, if youve put wax there and removed it correctly there hair shouldnt be there. I know some people check their strips to make sure! Go over at the end to see if youve missed anything but only at the end.

Loris dvd is also really helpful and I have heard only positive things about Kim Lawless' classes :)

eternalascot - I have read a few of your posts and they seem to follow in the style you have presented on this thread.

And I have read one maybe two of your posts where your style of speech was measured and the advice was useful.

If you want other geeks to sit up and take notice when your name pops up on the screen you could try and adopt the second paragraph.

If you want to be perceived as talking nonsense and therefore disregarded the first style will do it.

There are two or three 'camps' that geeks fall into on this site ... do you really want to join 'that' one?

Peace and respect my lovely xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back