No matter how bad things get, something else will always happen!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv said it before and il say it again I hope you get the help you need , you seem such a lovely person and its true bad things happen to good people ! Good luck with the doctors you are a living inspiration p.s I'm past caring about the state of my house lol XxXx

Good luck and all the best with everything. I'll try an keep this story in mind when I'm feeling down with silly little things and things that don't matter. Well done for being so positive! Xx

Awwwww, thanks :hug:

I'm sat on my bed listening to some Pink Floyd to chill out.

Got my scan at 12:30 & then the surgeon afterwards.
I didn't realise, & to be honest cant remember if i posted it on here before, but it seems that Channel 5 have been doing a series following the hospital i go to, Walton Neurology. I don't tend to watch those types of shows, but since i've got a vested interest i caught up on the Channel 5 iplayer .... my surgeon was on the first episode !!!

BBC have done 1 as well, but thats in Oxford, i'm not hoping to be on their 2nd series, but wouldnt turn down channel 5 if they're there tomorrow filming !!

It must be trendy to have a tumour now :biggrin:

Since the fit 2 weeks ago i've noticed little things have been affected, dont know if it's cause of the fit or if it's cause the tumour might have grown, but my spelling is way off, i'm even more forgetful (just had to read through the thread again to check i'm not repeating myself) & my handwriting is even more like a 3 year olds now !!

I dont really remember most of the week after my fit, it's all a bit of a blurr & it took 9 days for my tongue to heal enough for me to eat solid food ..... 9 days of soup has done wonders for the figure (lost 5lb) .... but think i'm making up for lost time as it was steak for tea on Saturday, bacon butties for lunch today !!

I've spent the day writing lists of things to do should nothing have changed, things to do if i've got a couple of years to go, things to do should i only have a few months & a things to do after i've gone (for the family).

I'm sure some people might think it's a bit morbid doing it, but it's actually been quite good, all those important decisions & things to do i've been putting off, i now need to sort out while i have the time.

That saying really is true .... you should regret the things you've done, not the things you havent.

Anyways, i'll be back tomorrow evening to let you all know the news, good or bad.

Let us know how you get on I really hope you will be ok ( you might be on tv lol ) chin up il be thinking of you xx

Awwwww, thanks :hug:

I'm sat on my bed listening to some Pink Floyd to chill out.

Got my scan at 12:30 & then the surgeon afterwards.
I didn't realise, & to be honest cant remember if i posted it on here before, but it seems that Channel 5 have been doing a series following the hospital i go to, Walton Neurology. I don't tend to watch those types of shows, but since i've got a vested interest i caught up on the Channel 5 iplayer .... my surgeon was on the first episode !!!

BBC have done 1 as well, but thats in Oxford, i'm not hoping to be on their 2nd series, but wouldnt turn down channel 5 if they're there tomorrow filming !!

It must be trendy to have a tumour now :biggrin:

Since the fit 2 weeks ago i've noticed little things have been affected, dont know if it's cause of the fit or if it's cause the tumour might have grown, but my spelling is way off, i'm even more forgetful (just had to read through the thread again to check i'm not repeating myself) & my handwriting is even more like a 3 year olds now !!

I dont really remember most of the week after my fit, it's all a bit of a blurr & it took 9 days for my tongue to heal enough for me to eat solid food ..... 9 days of soup has done wonders for the figure (lost 5lb) .... but think i'm making up for lost time as it was steak for tea on Saturday, bacon butties for lunch today !!

I've spent the day writing lists of things to do should nothing have changed, things to do if i've got a couple of years to go, things to do should i only have a few months & a things to do after i've gone (for the family).

I'm sure some people might think it's a bit morbid doing it, but it's actually been quite good, all those important decisions & things to do i've been putting off, i now need to sort out while i have the time.

That saying really is true .... you should regret the things you've done, not the things you havent.

Anyways, i'll be back tomorrow evening to let you all know the news, good or bad.

I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow xxx
P.S. I watch the brain surgery program. It's amazing! Has me in tears every time! Xxx

Good luck xxxxx

Good luck to ya!

Good luck xxx it's true what they say, you never know what's around the corner and I wish only good things for you xxx

MRI = No change
Not on meds, fit suspected due to stress, but still have to surrender my licence for a year.
They do however say, they expect my tumour to change at some point, but only then will they operate on it.
Great …. Got a ticking time bomb in my head !!

Am sort of happy that the tumour hasn’t changed, but am frustrated that nothing can be done until it has changed which can be at any point in my life. Therefore annual tests until the point where it changes, then they’ll dig as much of it out & then treat me with radiotherapy/chemotherapy.

So now got to try & get on with life as much as you can.

Thanks for reading/listening :hug:

What a lovely reply!
There are some lovely people on here. X

Isn't there just, makes you think when things are crap, there is always that lovely person to hold out a hand to make you feel better!

Good news that there is no change, that must be a relief. Was thinking of you today, must have been awful for you xxx

Not so much relief really, more frustration :confused:

That's the down side to being able to face the worse imaginable situations & be ok with it only to be told that your actually physically ok !!

I still have the tumour & at some point in my life it will change & when it does, i'll have to surrender my driving licence yet again & do all the things i've been preparing to do these last couple of weeks. Like i said, it's like a ticking time bomb in my head.

Up until now i've joked about having a tumour as thats how my family deal with things, you look on the bright side, the tumour even has a name, Walter.
But know i know in X amount of months/years/decades that i will have to under go major surgery to have it removed & then radiotherapy/chemotherapy, i just want it out now.

But also understand that the surgeon doesnt want to operate on it now cause at the point in my life that it would change, if it's not there, then it might regrow ..... therefore, no point in doing 2 major operations.

I do feel a little deflated, but will be back on form in a couple of days when things have sunk in better.

Wonda - your usually really positive, I think you should be positive now.

You have had the results that the tumour hasn't changed, the dr said he expects it might change in the future but for now it hasn't. who is to say it will even change? I know the dr 'expects' it too at some point, but drs go by previous cases, your an individual case so they don't know for sure.

I suppose it's easy for me to sit here & say (I know) but honestly if I were you.. I'd be getting on with my life. don't let that tumour win! or ruin your life while you wait for it to grow (which may never happen)

Ok you've had to give up your driving license which is a bummer. but many people don't drive & get on just fine.

I think you should de-stress yourself & live your life xxx

I know exactly what you mean, Wonda, although I very much appreciate that you have a big challenege about which I know nothing.

I think that when I have to face a possibly awful situation, I imagine, and sort of expect the worst. Then I'm prepared and somewhat protected. If the worst doesn't happen a big adrenalin drop comes, and tbh it's an awful feeling.

In a few days you will feel more positive. Good luck and a big hug.

Thanks geeks, i know in a couple of days i'll be back to normal. Just wish i had a few more clients to take my mind off it. Only had 1 today & that was an offer, plus think she felt sorry for me cause someone had cancelled due to not feeling well.

Plus doesnt help when i have a long list of new colours i'd love for Gelish, then need to get a push bike so i dont have to rely upon family to take me places which is going to cost £300 for the one i want & no money coming in.

Dont really believe in fate, but am sort of regaining my faith that things will somehow work out.

Thanks again ladies for letting me whine & moan about things :hug:

Latest posts

Back