No matter how bad things get, something else will always happen!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
Just under 11 years ago, I had 2 full blown epileptic fits in just over a week apart. These were put down to what they thought was a cyst on the brain. A year later they said we’re fairly sure it’s just cyst but we want to do a biopsy. Under the biopsy they found out it was a grade 2 glioma (brain tumour) & I was treated with Radiotherapy.
(for those who don’t know, the only difference between benign & cancerous is the grade, 1-2 is benign, 3-4 is cancerous).

Anyways, after yearly checks & medication, the epilepsy was controlled & the tumour wasn’t growing. So I started to live my life again, got my driving licence back, passed my motorbike test, got a 600cc motorbike, got engaged, nearly got married (cancelled that cause he was an alcoholic), move out & back into my parents house twice, had several jobs & a few months ago decided to set up my own business doing nails.

As some of you may have seen from previous posts, I’ve also suffered a bit of depression recently, due to not getting things in life I want personally, like a husband & kids & a place of my own.

So anyways, Tuesday evening came & I was feeling a little low after a guy I’d been chatting to via text’s & phone calls for the last 2 months cancelled our first date & I haven’t heard from him since. So I was sat on my bed doing some paperwork for the tax office & next thing I know, I’m in the local A&E having had a full blown fit again.

Thankfully no concussion considering I fell backwards near the radiator, however I’m aching all over & I have a severely bitten tongue. I now have to wait 2 weeks to see a Neurologist, then go back to the hospital to have MRI’s & get put back on medication & god knows what other tests, but more importantly, I’ve now got to give up my driving & riding licences, among other silly things I’m now not allowed to do again such as take a bath on my own or go swimming !!

I have a feeling my tumour has grown again & this was the reason for the low moods I’ve been feeling as usually I’m a positive person. Just have to wait & see.

My main point to telling you all this is that even though I was feeling like crap 48 hours ago, something happened to make me realise again that no matter what happens in life, you really have to take the positives from things & move on.

As I’m saying that, I know some people will say, positives ? from what I’ve just put, but there is.

I now believe that my depression has had it’s backside kicked into place as there are bigger things happening now than feeling sorry for myself, as the only way I can beat whatever is going on in my noggin, is to face it head on & there’s no room for depression !!

Gosh, you have been through so much. Thank you for sharing your story and I really hope your health improves. It's good that you can have a positive attitude, but also very understandable if at times you don't!!
Warm wishes and a big hug to you :hug: xx

wishing you the best of luck and praying for good news at ur apt xx

U have gone through a lot already, I hope you get some good news and feel better soon xxx

Wishing you all the luck in the world ( only the good luck of course lol ! ) You have been through a hell of a lot and still seem to come out fighting! Good on you!! The things you have to give up that we take for granted is heartbreaking and yet you are still positive ... Inspirational :)!!!!!!! Hope all goes well xx

Stay positive you are very brave and should be very proud of yourself because you have stayed positive. I wish you all the good luck in the world and hope good things happens for you ASAP xxxxxxxx

Good luck Hun what a time you have had iv seen epilepsy full hand and its awful look to the future and I hope it's a bright and wonderful one Xx

best wishes and best of luck for the future lovie, you truly are a fighter and an inspiration to us all, love and hugs xxx

Best of luck Hun and hope all is ok with your tests xxx

Thanks you lovely geeks for your kind words, really was unexpected.

I just wanted to let people know that no matter how bad you think things are, unfortunately things can always get worse, you have to look at the positives in life & there is ALWAYS someone worse off than you ...... As I'm sure there's someone worse off than me out there !!

I'd give my right arm to have most people's worries about how tidy their home is, how their kids are doing in school etc etc, but instead for whatever reason, I've been given the task of overcoming health issues instead, & I'm planning on going kung-foo on its backside !!!!!!

Talk about putting things into perspective - you're so right, there I was moaning about the state of the house and worrying about money.....you've been very brave posting it all, and I can only reiterate what everyone else has said - the very best of luck, and thank-you for sharing.

A powerful message, Wonda. Keep strong.
(If a relaxing facial would be a tiny help, pm me; I'm not far from you, and I would be happy to do one for you x)

You WILL get through it and you WILL come out stronger :) x

Your attitude is great! I do believe in the power of positive thinking, because life can truly suck sometimes! :hug:

Hope all your scans come back clear xxxxx

Thanks for sharing, I hope ur results are better than you expect and things improve. I love that you are going to go Kung-fu on it! Hugs and love!

Xxx

Sending lots of love and hugs, there's a lot to be said for positive thinking! I hope all your scans come back clear. My Uncle has suffered with epilepsy all his life until my gran (his mum) passed away, (he lived at home and they had a very stressful relationship) its amazing what stress does to your body xxxx

A powerful message, Wonda. Keep strong.
(If a relaxing facial would be a tiny help, pm me; I'm not far from you, and I would be happy to do one for you x)

What a lovely reply!
There are some lovely people on here. X

Awwww, again thank you, you're all so lovely.

I went back to work today, managed 6 hours & 4 clients, but boy was i tired when i got home, had to have a sleep before my tea.

The main issue i'm struggling with at the moment is eating & talking properly due to my badly bitten tongue, i can only manage stuff like soup, so suppose it'll help maybe lose a few lb's i've put on over Christmas !!!

My dad's ringing the neurology hospital in liverpool on a daily basis just in case there's been any cancellations so i can start the ball rolling all over again with medication, scans, tests & treatment.

I suppose it's put a full stop to going mobile now though :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow hun xxx <3 xxx

Latest posts

Back