No one home for mobile appointment!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
I'm fuming and really need to vent! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! I've just done a 16 mile round trip to a nail appointment to A) not be able to find the property, and B) not be able to contact the client. I wasted an hour trying to find and contact her, even knocking door to door in the rain!
She is a new client, not seen or met before, I had to cancel last week due to illness but she re-appointed for a full set if L&P's tonight.
I even had a guy come out of his house with a torch to help me find it, we knocked on doors and when we thought we found it, I couldn't access the property!! There were sacks blocking the gate, I couldn't get in so I left and came home.
I'm now wondering if she thought she would pull a fast one due to the previous cancellation, but I have never had any behaviour like this before, last minute cancellations yes, but not this.
Has anyone else experienced similar, and how did you deal with it?
I've text her and closed the message saying that I hope all is well and that she should call me to discuss any future appointments.
Do you think I've been fair???
Grumpy 😡

Yes this has kinda happened to me , couldn't find the house 15 miles from my house , rang her. Didn't answer , then she rings me just as I'm pulling onto her drive to cancel ! Saw her peeping through the curtains ! Some people have no thought for others x

I'm fuming and really need to vent! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! I've just done a 16 mile round trip to a nail appointment to A) not be able to find the property, and B) not be able to contact the client. I wasted an hour trying to find and contact her, even knocking door to door in the rain!
She is a new client, not seen or met before, I had to cancel last week due to illness but she re-appointed for a full set if L&P's tonight.
I even had a guy come out of his house with a torch to help me find it, we knocked on doors and when we thought we found it, I couldn't access the property!! There were sacks blocking the gate, I couldn't get in so I left and came home.
I'm now wondering if she thought she would pull a fast one due to the previous cancellation, but I have never had any behaviour like this before, last minute cancellations yes, but not this.
Has anyone else experienced similar, and how did you deal with it?
I've text her and closed the message saying that I hope all is well and that she should call me to discuss any future appointments.
Do you think I've been fair???
Grumpy 😡

Don't think you've been unfair hon. Did you confirm the appt the day before? Has she responded to your text? All you can do is put it down to experience.

To be fair she has been in touch to say she was called back into work and forgot her phone. She said she will call me tomorrow to rearrange and that she would reimburse me! I do hope she's genuine, but I am still a bit cross. L&Ps are my dread, I worry like mad before every appointment and I've spent all day fretting for nothing! Oh well, like you say, I need to put it down to experience x

Hope it all goes ok when (if) she calls, it sounds like a genuine mistake, just really unfortunate for you. The ball's in your court now whether you want to take the appt or not. Who knows she might end up being a great client :) Try not to fret too much about L&P appts, I'm assuming it's because you're inexperienced? If so, give it time and plenty of practice X

Well guess what, no phone call today!! Not sure I would have wanted to rebook her anyway! Oh well, onwards and upwards xxx

Thanks for your input xxx

Latest posts

Back