No One Is EVER Picked On Here!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ms.Matrix

Tweetacular Geek!
Reaction score
I just want to state that I have been a member of this forum for a while now, I'm from the states, I used Tammy Taylor products, I do not use CND products. In all the time that I have been here I have never been made to feel that my opinions did not matter, I have never been ignored and I have never been picked on!!!

Frankly, I'm tired of posters coming in spouting nonsense then when someone dares to correct them they feel like they have been "picked on" we don't do that here and I'm sorry I'm a little defensive at how this site is being portrayed!! :irked:

No one knows every thing and as a biblical saying goes "iron sharpens iron" you can only become the best by learning and sitting at the feet of the best, you have to check your ego at the door and admit that you are not the end all be all of knowledge, for that fact you mentor may not be either there is room for everyone to grow, but if I come to someone who has been in this business SUCCESSFULLY for over 15, 20 years it would only make sense to learn from them and not take what they are saying or teachin personally.

If you want to be a millionaire, you must hang around millionaires and they may be abrupt with you and seem a little mean, but you are there for a lesson not a lifelong friendship and later in life when you make your million you will understand that there is a reason behind what they do. Life is not going to GIVE you anything, and understand why PROFESSIONALS get a little upset when someone who has been in the industry 15 mins try and tell them that the way they are going about something is wrong and they have been here for years.

Okay...I'm sorry for my rant, but that was something that was bothering me. If you take offense "OH WELL" but those who know me around her know my spirit and know my personality, and if indeed you are offended, it's because you really don't know me.

i think we all need to appreciate that we can all learn from eachother

the more experienced techs have a load of knowldege to share that is very useful and helpful to us all

i too have been a member for a while and have never felt picked on or ignored

i do not regard myself as experienced and appreciate all advise given to me from those that have been in the industry alot longer than myself

Ms M,i totally appreciate,understand and agree with your sentiment :hug:

However,threads like this tend to go sour,keep an eye on it hun :wink2:

HI

I quite agree with you, I have been on this site for years and years we get this every so often. I have thick skin, so it doesn't really bother me I just skim through if I think the poster is talking a load of nonsense I stop reading and ignore them.

I have found it the best policy tbh people who are spouting rubbish are just not worth upsetting yourself with.

I have been in the business since 1986 and yes it does make me feel really really old :lol: so thats what 22 years?? God i need my head testing!

I opened my own salon when i was only 19 years old a baby really, I don't know how I have survived all these years. The point I am making is if I let people upset me so easily I would have had some sort of breakdown by now. :eek:

Its really just not worth it. xx

Okay...I'm sorry for my rant, but that was something that was bothering me. If you take offense "OH WELL" but those who know me around her know my spirit and know my personality, and if indeed you are offended, it's because you really don't know me.

Aww bless you, I could never be offended by you - you are a sweetheart :hug:

It's funny, I have watched Tammy Taylor's videos, ENUK, Essential Nails and many others and I believe that you can learn something from each and everyone of them :green:

What I will say, is that I totally respect the geeks on here who freely give their time to help and give good quality information - I wouldn't know as much as I do, if it wasn't for them.

Furthermore, I don't believe I would have understood as much about my products and how they work if it wasn't for the info provided on this site!

Very well worded thread Yolanda.

I think that you really can´t get better words of wisdom than from your mother (well most of the time!) and mine always said to me and my brother that she´ll give us her advice and it´s up to us what we do with it! And I guess it´s the same here . We can give advice whether based upon opinion and/or fact and it´s up to each and every individual to decide if they want to use it or not.

At the very least hearing that your working practices are considered less than desirable by others may make you sit back and think about your working practices and whether there IS a better way to what you are already doing. We are here to learn and I have to say i have learned something new just about every day since I have been a member.

But as Little Angel says, we go through periods of unrest and dischord like this from time to time and it always settles down again. It´s such a shame that we have to watch the teddies flying across the screen! Teddies should be cuddled!!!!!! :hug:

Well a good point made.

But since one thread has just been closed as it turned a bit sour, why create another which will go the same way?

Well a good point made.

But since one thread has just been closed as it turned a bit sour, why create another which will go the same way?

I know what you mean here, but it would be such a shame if it does. :hug:

Good thread mate and I'm sure many of us agree x
I'm sure that many geeks may be new to posting and may not quite understand posting etiquette but hopefully they will open their ears to new ideas and soon be active and welcome members of the site.

It is not my intent that this thread goes sour...I just get a little up in arms about anybody and everybody who comes on here and claims that "we pick on people".

I was taught certain things in manicuring school and when I came to this site, I found that some things that I learned were not right and I was nicely told at times, and I did not take offense to it...it's all a part of the learning process.

I love this site and I refuse to let ANYBODY sully and degrade it or the people here!

If indeed this thread does start going the wrong way I will close it, so people take care with your comments and remember WE ARE ALL ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS!

I know where yolanda is coming from......we love this site and will stick up for the site and the geeks if we feel its being misused/misquoted some way or used as a muck throwing tool.
yolanda i totally agree with you hun :hug:

Bless our wonderful Ms Matrix. I'll never forget Yolander when I first saw your name I thought you were would be wearing thigh high boots and carrying a whip!!! It must have been something to do with Dominatrix... :rolleyes::rolleyes: anyway hon... maybe you do wear those things!! :eek::lol: but I love your sunny personality and your up beat nature.

I, as many of you know, am married to an American, have an American mum (yeh peeps, Geeg is a Yank originally) and so that makes me 1/2 American (although I have full citizernship). I have always admired the American women for there utter confidence in all things. I lived in Sarasota FLA for 4 years and I couldn't believe the confidence and poise of some of these young girls.

Representing a certain brand makes me very proud just as others who represent their brands make them proud. I understand the passion of some of the girls who come on her (although I did think the whole cowboy thing was a bit OTT)... but still, maybe the Americans think 'my god, we could fit your piddly little country in ours 100 times over... what the hell do you know about nails... we invented the damn things... we know far more...' :smack:

Thing is, I actually believe that this site and the push in education that we have been giving for year and years, makes us very educated indeed. In fact, I will go as far to say that possibly due to the UK being that much smaller, makes it easier for us to learn and keep facts facts and not allow many of the 'personal opinions' get in the way to confuse issues.:idea:

I am sad if some of them think that we ' are all that'... but you know what, I married the man that thought it would be a great idea to give free eduaction through a site or a community where people could belong and be a part of something. He didn't ask anything for it, only that we would be fair and educate one another and listen and learn. He didn't do it for fianancial gain... he did SO WE COULD LEARN!!! :idea:

I personally think that that stands for something great... be a part of it; don't be a part of it... but respect it, because this site isn't just a site... it's a home for nail pros worlwide... and it is something very special indeed.

FACT, there is no other nail community worldwide that has the members this site has... that's pretty cool and something to be celebrated I think!!:hug:

So fellow Americans, TT users... whoever... in the words of Bill and Ted... Be Excellent to One Another' and chill and be happy. :idea:

ok firstly.. gigi is your MUM! wow, i feel all gushy.. hehe thats tre cool! two of the coolest women in the industry mother and daughter.. never knew
and secondly
Hear, Hear!

ok firstly.. gigi is your MUM! wow, i feel all gushy.. hehe thats tre cool! two of the coolest women in the industry mother and daughter.. never knew
and secondly
Hear, Hear!

ha ha I forget that it is not widely known.... I keep it secret :Grope:... Im just kidding... :smack:... thank you. :hug:

Whenever these things come up I always think:

If people are here for the right reason: to learn, they will not be insulted by a little advice that contradicts their own beliefs/practices.

When someone is here for other reasons, that's when the problems begin.

All the chit chat, chat rooms etc. are secondary extras (nice ones, albeit) but the reason I visit this site daily is to share and learn with like professionals. When you approach it that way, you appreciate varying opinions and perspectives.... even when you disagree.

I'm new to " Salon Geek" , i've only been a member for a couple of months , but, I have been watching & reading for almost a year and I've found that everyone has their own opinion & advice trying to help & answer to the best of their ability. I respect that.
I have been in this industry for 18 years and I still want to learn more. That's why I am here , to learn from my mentors. Weither I've been in this 20 years or 1 year I feel we all have something to learn from each other.
If we're asking questions ,then we are asking for a reason ,are we not? Nobody should feel offended nor picked on.

Did I mention how much I love this forum? :)

and secondly
Hear, Hear!

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a joke right?

ha ha I forget that it is not widely known.... I keep it secret :Grope:... Im just kidding... :smack:... thank you. :hug:

You mean you're joking about Geeg being your mom, right? Or you're joking about keeping it a secret.... Hmmm.... How could I not have figured this out?
Is everyone laughing at me?
Had to ask....

Sorry to go off track Ms Matrix:o

This is a joke right?

You mean you're joking about Geeg being your mom, right? Or you're joking about keeping it a secret.... Hmmm.... How could I not have figured this out?
Had to ask....

Geeg is Samanthas Mum you wouldn't guess because Geeg looks too young :lol:

This is a joke right?

Had to ask....

Its cool isn't it, I was here for ages before I realised that. When you meet them though you can see it. Wonderful, all of them. I had the greatest time.

On topic though I feel huge loyalty to this place, I'm not always here so much but I leanred so much and I truely think its a onderful cummunity to be a part of. And it does bug me to hell to feel its being critised in any way.

Great topic Yolanda! :hug:

Latest posts

Back