No One Is EVER Picked On Here!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi
i just wanted to say that the reason i came on to this site was to learn more from other pros and further educate myself as i know that by coming on here i am with some of the very best in the business, and who better is there to learn from. Well said Mrs Geek!!!

I do hope that people will be able to respect each other.....and their opinions and the facts for what they are....its not nice when threads spiral out of control and become disrespectful......that is not why the majority come on here .

I have to say that i have not been a member for that long but since i have not only have i learnt alot i have never laughed so much, especially in the chat room......love you all and glad to have found you.:hug::hug::hug:

(how gushy is that, puke!!!!!)

:hug: :hug: Ah yes my geekies...THIS is what I want to hear!! :hug: :hug:

Make me heart melt to peices....Wish we still had geekmolians, cause I need a gift of tissue right now! :lol:

Last edited:
Bless our wonderful Ms Matrix. I'll never forget Yolander when I first saw your name I thought you were would be wearing thigh high boots and carrying a whip!!! It must have been something to do with Dominatrix... anyway hon... maybe you do wear those things!! but I love your sunny personality and your up beat nature.
:lol: I only wear them when necessary! :lol: :lol:
You are so silly Mrs. Geek! I love ya!!

Whenever these things come up I always think:

If people are here for the right reason: to learn, they will not be insulted by a little advice that contradicts their own beliefs/practices.

When someone is here for other reasons, that's when the problems begin.

All the chit chat, chat rooms etc. are secondary extras (nice ones, albeit) but the reason I visit this site daily is to share and learn with like professionals. When you approach it that way, you appreciate varying opinions and perspectives.... even when you disagree.
Man, I wish we had a hand clapping smiley...hang on...
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
Well said!!

Without this site I would not be a Nail Tech now - end of. I have learnt so much from here and built relationships that would not have happened otherwise...... I don't care what product you use as long as you care about what you do.....

Its cool isn't it, I was here for ages before I realised that. When you meet them though you can see it. Wonderful, all of them. I had the greatest time.

Geeg is Samanthas Mum you wouldn't guess because Geeg looks too young :lol:

That's exactly what I thought! I felt a tiny bit embarrassed for Chels because I thought she mistook a 'joke' by Samantha. Silly me!

Just shows how professional things are on this forum that I never even clued in to the familial connection.:idea:

Man, I wish we had a hand clapping smiley...hang on...
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
Well said!!

Thanks hun. I appreciate this thread.:hug:

That's exactly what I thought! I felt a tiny bit embarrassed for Chels because I thought she mistook a 'joke' by Samantha. Silly me!

.:hug:

i felt embarressed for me after.. because i thought i may have missed the joke.. but pheeew for me eh?!

Without this site I would not be a Nail Tech now - end of. I have learnt so much from here and built relationships that would not have happened otherwise...... I don't care what product you use as long as you care about what you do.....

Same here.... I would probably have been sat with my Rio kit doing some pretty dodgy stuff to myself and thinking I was the dogs cajones!!!!

I love all the forums on this site...Hair and Skin too...even though I am not a hair and skin geek....but I love reading them just to read the wonderful advice and knowledge they have...it is so interesting....( I read them that's all :lol: )

The nail forum is fantastic because whatever question I have...I use SEARCH and there it is...my question answered professionally....

Whenever I see things start to go wrong on the threads...then I just gloss over it now. Sometimes I think people are just intent on stirring things up...but then they don't stick around...other's who genuinely want to appreciate and learn from this site stay around and soon learn how to use it to their best advantage....

This is a great thread Yolanda...and I think the ladies and gentlemen who make up this community are beautiful in every sense of the word....:hug:

Whenever I see things start to go wrong on the threads...then I just gloss over it now. Sometimes I think people are just intent on stirring things up...but then they don't stick around...other's who genuinely want to appreciate and learn from this site stay around and soon learn how to use it to their best advantage...

This is so true and is just how I feel, I could never be offended by some one telling me something new, I am way to curious for that and I think thats what defines a Salon Geek our raging curiosity.

Great thread:hug:

lmao Susie :lol:

I thought for one moment you were either my twin...or a thief !!!

The I realised you had not used the quote boxes..... ha ha ha... I was sat here with my hands on my hips reading your post...saying ' I SAID THAT' :D

xxxxxxx

what I have learnt on this site is phenomenal, it gave me the confidence to try a brand which i would not normally have but i was curious (ok so whats so fab about creative)..... well,from this site i did the FREE conversion course and have to say it has made me as a tech......... i have a lot to thank all the geeks that have helped me especially geeg who, at times i thought was very straight in her talking, but i respect and admire that in a person.

we can all learn from this site and although we may not like what we hear we should learn from it at least!

love ya all xxxxxxxx

in the words of Bill and Ted... Be Excellent to One Another' and chill and be happy. :idea:

hahaha that sounded like such a GMG thing to say!! lol.

I dont know who got a bee up their bum, but i agree, just chill!!

hahaha that sounded like such a GMG thing to say!! lol.

I dont know who got a bee up their bum, but i agree, just chill!!
I wanted to say 'party on Dude' but it just didn't fit.... yes his madness is rubbing off on me! :lol:

I'M NOT AN ADDICT............I'M A USER lol.

When you think just how many active users there are on this site, almost all of them are a real delight. We all wish each other well and mean it. I always say that there are more good people in the world than bad and the same goes for this site.

Of course, there are a few nasty geeks but that's ususally out of jealousy and lack. For the most part though, I love the geeks.

I LOVE YOU ALL !!!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

I would just like to say that I stumbled across this site by chance not so very long ago and it's been soooooo damn helpful, I bless the day. I've now got instant access to a vast pool of knowledge and help from real professionals who are usually only too willing to assist the less experienced or those who just have the ability to acknowledge that they can't possibly know the answers to absolutely everything. What ordinary mortal could?!? Most on here are kind, helpful, patient and downright 'Nice' with it. :) xx

It took me a little while to realise that there could be professional/personal 'Jealousies' amongst a very few, but I guess that's human nature. Doesn't make for pleasant reading, though, when they set themselves up as self appointed benchmarks of all wisdom and attempt to humiliate and hurt others n the process. What they don't seem to realise, though, is that all they're really doing is showing themselves up in a poor light and their posts are their personal hallmarks of mean spiritedness, there for all to see!

Fortunately, the site is largely populated by people who are only to willing to both learn and share. It more than compensates for the few who aren't! :hug: xx

I would just like to say that I stumbled across this site by chance not so very long ago and it's been soooooo damn helpful, I bless the day. I've now got instant access to a vast pool of knowledge and help from real professionals who are usually only too willing to assist the less experienced or those who just have the ability to acknowledge that they can't possibly know the answers to absolutely everything. What ordinary mortal could?!? Most on here are kind, helpful, patient and downright 'Nice' with it. :) xx

It took me a little while to realise that there could be professional/personal 'Jealousies' amongst a very few, but I guess that's human nature. Doesn't make for pleasant reading, though, when they set themselves up as self appointed benchmarks of all wisdom and attempt to humiliate and hurt others n the process. What they don't seem to realise, though, is that all they're really doing is showing themselves up in a poor light and their posts are their personal hallmarks of mean spiritedness, there for all to see!

Fortunately, the site is largely populated by people who are only to willing to both learn and share. It more than compensates for the few who aren't! :hug: xx
Seeeeee? Now you get a hand clapping smiley too!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
I agree totally! :D

Thank you :o

:) xx

What they don't seem to realise, though, is that all they're really doing is showing themselves up in a poor light and their posts are their personal hallmarks of mean spiritedness, there for all to see!

Ain´t that the truth, it´s a shame some people don´t know when to stop harping on in their own little crusades for "freedom and justice"! In the end it just gets plain boring and they look totally ridiculous!

I FEEL PICKED ON !!!!!

CAN I HAVE A HUG ? :lol:

I love this site and im always on here wether i'm looking on the hair pros and giving my 2 pence worth, or just generally reading the nail and skin pros boards..

I think no matter how experienced a person it theres always something new to be learnt everyday even if its just something little , we can all help each other and have a discussion about products/brands/prices etc but its a shame if people take things the wrong way as we are all here for the same reason

To help each other learn and have a bit of laughter and fun along the way.. and i for one am glad I stumbled across this site :green:

and this is for THE WONDERFUL WAX QUEEN BIG HUGSSSSSSSS

Latest posts

Back